Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Breakout forwards for next year?

The Great One

Default Re: Breakout forwards for next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiens2099 View Post
    michuskin will surpass 60 points in a season by 2018-19
    I agree, but only if you're talking about combined points for 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I agree, but only if you're talking about combined points for 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19
    Nope, just one season

The Great One

Nope, just one season
    I know what you meant. I was capitalizing on the ambiguity to underscore that I think Nichushkin will continue to underperform.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks Harry and Lloyd!

michuskin will surpass 60 points in a season by 2018-19
    Wait a minute...What was all that one in a million talk?"
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Guru

Not to keep this as a Nichushkin thread, but folks do realize he just turned 21 right?
    At his age, Mark Stone, Johnny Gaudreau, and Artemi Panarin combined for fewer NHL points than he has now.
    (An exaggerated example, I know, but...)
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Not to keep this as a Nichushkin thread, but folks do realize he just turned 21 right?
    At his age, Mark Stone, Johnny Gaudreau, and Artemi Panarin combined for fewer NHL points than he has now.
    Exactly, people are way too early to declare a player to be a bust, I assume it's mostly from eager/impatient owners.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dikoi View Post
    Exactly, people are way too early to declare a player to be a bust, I assume it's mostly from eager/impatient owners.
    It would be one thing if Nichuskin hadn't yet been given a chance to succeed, but he has, and didn't. That's concerning, as is his shaky injury history. Is he a bust as of now? Nope. But is it harder to envision him ultimately fulfilling his potential in view of what's already happened? Yes.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Not a very sexy name but I wonder if Haula will hit 55 points next year. He was on that pace for the last couple of months and into the playoffs.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    And those guys weren't producing much in the leagues they were playing in either... Just wait, they were tearing it up, my bad.

I get what you're saying though, he is still rather young and he has the tools to become an effective player so patience is vital. I would be concerned he develops like Nino Neidereiter though where he becomes effective but falls far short of expectations.

One guy im calling for a breakout is Toffoli. He's been slowly improving but still hasn't been consistently given the most prime opportunities and this will be his 4th full season coming up. I'm looking for 65-70, don't let me down TT!
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Not a very sexy name but I wonder if Haula will hit 55 points next year. He was on that pace for the last couple of months and into the playoffs.
    Not if he continues to receive virtually no PP time. I actually peg him as a risk for being overvalued, since his run in the second half did get a fair amount of attention.

Dobber Sports Star

If he can stay healthy, Brett Ritchie may land in a pot of gold next year playing with Benn and Seguin.

Injuries have derailed him but he looks to be a great fit on the top line and it was encouraging to see him put there when in the lineup. A full season on the top line and net front presence on the top PP could mean big things.

I see him as a different player than Nichushkin but in a similar position - one of the two of them will emerge IMO, likely at the expense of the other.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Star

for points only, the way i pick potential player breakouts is more a function of opportunity.

first and foremost is opportunity. if a player is going to put up 55-60, with few exceptions hes going to be at MINIMUM the 4th banana forward on a team. that means the 4th best forward on the team (usually 3rd guy on the top line or top guy on the second line) who gets #1 pp time and at least say 17 minutes of ice time per game. to be safe, i prefer guys that are at minimum 3rd banana. if i recall correctly, only boston had 4 forwards put up 60+ points (bergeron, marchand, kreijci, eriksson). thus, simply go through the depth charts for each team and hope your guy gets hot from the getgo (very difficult to finish with 60+ these days without a hot start). i picked up eriksson and cammaleri in most of my leagues once i realized how they were being deployed. some guys will require a leap of faith, but i wouldnt pick anyone too far down the depth chart

panarin is a great story as he snatched the #2 scoring role on the team playing with kane practically all year....but that isnt common.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    for points only, the way i pick potential player breakouts is more a function of opportunity.

first and foremost is opportunity. if a player is going to put up 55-60, with few exceptions hes going to be at MINIMUM the 4th banana forward on a team. that means the 4th best forward on the team (usually 3rd guy on the top line or top guy on the second line) who gets #1 pp time and at least say 17 minutes of ice time per game. to be safe, i prefer guys that are at minimum 3rd banana. if i recall correctly, only boston had 4 forwards put up 60+ points (bergeron, marchand, kreijci, eriksson). thus, simply go through the depth charts for each team and hope your guy gets hot from the getgo (very difficult to finish with 60+ these days without a hot start). i picked up eriksson and cammaleri in most of my leagues once i realized how they were being deployed. some guys will require a leap of faith, but i wouldnt pick anyone too far down the depth chart

panarin is a great story as he snatched the #2 scoring role on the team playing with kane practically all year....but that isnt common.
    I love your recognition of the banana hierarchy.. not everyone can run around with a bushel full of top nanners.

Spot on with the theory that the opportunity a player receives acts as a foundational piece in the construction of successful season. Some players can earn their way up the depth chart, but top PP, ozone starts, lining up with the team's most successful shooters/distributors... all need to be there for a guy to pop 65+

A big reason I (and many others) see Ehlers having a shot at a big year next season. Down the stretch he was routinely playing 19-20 minutes a night on the top line, top PP and was being afforded opportunities be his creative and offensive self.

Those are the ingredients that a player (and especially young players) need in order to break out.
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    I love your recognition of the banana hierarchy.. not everyone can run around with a bushel full of top nanners.

Spot on with the theory that the opportunity a player receives acts as a foundational piece in the construction of successful season. Some players can earn their way up the depth chart, but top PP, ozone starts, lining up with the team's most successful shooters/distributors... all need to be there for a guy to pop 65+

A big reason I (and many others) see Ehlers having a shot at a big year next season. Down the stretch he was routinely playing 19-20 minutes a night on the top line, top PP and was being afforded opportunities be his creative and offensive self.

Those are the ingredients that a player (and especially young players) need in order to break out.
    I really like your bit on Ehlers there. The other thing to watch for with breakout players is shot attempts. Ehlers started shooting more often once he came back from injury at the end of the season. So another good sign of things to come next year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I really like your bit on Ehlers there. The other thing to watch for with breakout players is shot attempts. Ehlers started shooting more often once he came back from injury at the end of the season. So another good sign of things to come next year.
    Its true. He was shooting a ton to start his season as well. Averaged just under 4 per game through first month or so.

Lots to look forward to with Ehlers.. serious ceiling and the chance to line up with Wheeler/Laine/Connor on the opposite wing is filthy.

Keep on, keepin' on.