Thread: Klingbergs value?????

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Klingbergs value?????

Im mulling over a potential trade and the quantity of the return is nice but is the quality im giving too much?

My:

Klingberg
    Green

His:

Ekblad
    Werenski
    Hanifin

Stats:

G
    A
    Pts
    PP pts
    +/-
    Pims
    Shot
    Blocks
    Hits

I like Klingberg but does Ekblad have 50+ pts in him? Hes potentially better for goals and the 2 prospects have great potential.

This one is an arm twister.

12 team keeper

dress 12F 6D 2G, bench 6F 3D 2G

keep 8 F, 4D, 1G, draft every year for the rest.

Forwards: 2pts/Goal 1pt/Assist 4pts/hattrick
    Defense: 3pts/Goal 1.5pts/Assist 6 pts/hattrick
    Both: 0.05 pts/Hit 0.05/Blocked shot

Goalie: 2pts/win 1pt/tie 5pts/Shutout 0.02pts/save

Dressed
    F - STAMKOS, OVECHKIN, KUCHEROV, PAVELSKI, BACKSTROM, DROUIN, PANARIN, WHEELER, Landeskog, Cammalieri, Marleau, Ward

D - HEDMAN, EKMAN-LARSSON, BARRIE, PARAYKO, Markov, Savard

G - HOLTBY, Anderson

Bench
    F - Burakovsky, Killorn, Hertl, Read, Rantanen, Sutter
    D - Trouba, Niskanen, Zidlicky
    G - Halak, Hammond

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Klingbergs value?????

More info is needed, I assume it is not the league in sig, are you in rebuild mode or contending?

I have been the only owner of Klingberg in my Roto League. I live in Arkansas and we get a lot of Stars games. I saw him play his first two or three games and when I was watching him play a game in which he got his first three point game I quickly ran and added him that night. I reached a bit early for him in last years draft too. I am open to trade him in my keeper for the right return but it will take something decent in return.

Klingberg is in place to be the ONLY option on PP for a high scoring (top 5) team. He has two seasons of very similar numbers to compare and seems to be able to continue production at this same rate or more next few years. He gets to play the power play with Sharp (60P) Spezza (60P) Seguin (90P) and Benn (90P).

Hanifin is still behind J. Faulk for power play time and could even be behind J. Wisniewski (who we do not know what Carolina will do with yet) His best offensive weapons are very unproven or unimpressive at best. This team is not a lock to improve in any way next season. 50 point value could be 2-5 years away

Ekblad is two seasons into his NHL career and both season are pretty much a mirror image of each other. No doubt he will increase as he develops, however, he is two seasons @ 0.5 points per game. His shot rate has increased, which I really like for defenders! He is on a young team which WILL improve next few seasons but maybe not without regression along the way. This year the panthers were very good and there is a chance not every one produces like this again next year. 50 point value could be 2-3 years away. I would like to point out the Dobber Ramblings that discuss Ekblad in the last few days. The point was made that Brian Campbell is a FA and how that could change Ekblads performance. In a nutshell he is not very good without the very experienced Campbell playing with him. This could be important or not to you in your choice.

I would not take this trade unless I was in rebuild mode and had a very prospect heavy roster. If that is your situation you are getting a very good return, maybe even the top two young defenders in the NHL.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hipcheck View Post
    I would not take this trade unless I was in rebuild mode and had a very prospect heavy roster. If that is your situation you are getting a very good return, maybe even the top two young defenders in the NHL.
    Pretty solid assessment. Same kind of thing I was thinking that it just isn't quite enough. It is a tempting amount of young talent for a rebuilding roster though, but I don't think that's where your team is at. Right BL?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Agree with the above two takes on this trade. How many d-men are worth more than Klingberg right now - Karlsson, Burns, anyone else?
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Im in it to win now, as appealing as the youth Dmen are ill hold onto Klingberg thx guys

12 team keeper

dress 12F 6D 2G, bench 6F 3D 2G

keep 8 F, 4D, 1G, draft every year for the rest.

Forwards: 2pts/Goal 1pt/Assist 4pts/hattrick
    Defense: 3pts/Goal 1.5pts/Assist 6 pts/hattrick
    Both: 0.05 pts/Hit 0.05/Blocked shot

Goalie: 2pts/win 1pt/tie 5pts/Shutout 0.02pts/save

Dressed
    F - STAMKOS, OVECHKIN, KUCHEROV, PAVELSKI, BACKSTROM, DROUIN, PANARIN, WHEELER, Landeskog, Cammalieri, Marleau, Ward

D - HEDMAN, EKMAN-LARSSON, BARRIE, PARAYKO, Markov, Savard

G - HOLTBY, Anderson

Bench
    F - Burakovsky, Killorn, Hertl, Read, Rantanen, Sutter
    D - Trouba, Niskanen, Zidlicky
    G - Halak, Hammond

Dobber Sports Deity

I wont lie, I like the Ekblad side LOL!

In a win-now mode, I can see the reasons for keeping Klingberg, but damn that's a lot of young talent on the Ekblad side that in as little as a couple seasons could be the better return, easily. I love all three of those kids. Werenski could start panning out as early as this year.

Green is fodder for me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by BogosianLandeskog View Post
    Im in it to win now, as appealing as the youth Dmen are ill hold onto Klingberg thx guys
    Klingberg is 23 years old!! He'd be an asset to a rebuild and to a contender. I'd end up doing the same, it's a decent offer but in the end I like the Klingberg side.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Icon

I would take the Ekblad side in a heartbeat. I would take the Ekblad even if Werenski was not in the deal and he could turn out to be the best dman of the three that you are being offered. Based on your league settings, Ekblad would have been awfully close to Klingberg in total points for your team last season. Ekblad was 19 years old for 2/3rds of the season. With the addition of shots, blocks and hits, Klingberg is likely not a top 10 dman in the league. You should not overvalue him because he had 58 points in a season where the Stars scored 17 more goals than any other team in the league. These

Normally I don't like to be the team giving up 2 players to get 3 of them but when you are acquiring 3 guys who all have the ability to be better than either guy you are receiving, you make the deal. Even if you are in a "win now mode", I am pretty sure you could package up Werenski and Hanifin for a HUGE upgrade on Green and be better off with Ekblad + whoever.

Dobber Sports Superstar

it is actually a pretty close trade - in the long run I think the ekblad side will be better as green is basically 2-3 years away from being out of league, but Klinger is best player point wise.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO