Thread: who should I move Rinne for ?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default who should I move Rinne for ?

I'd like to acquire a 2nd goalie in place of Rinne.
    who should I target ?
    Holtby, Bishop, Price and Crawford are not available.

team and scoring in signature
    Yahoo! 12 Team H2H (1win - Roto)
    Keep 6 : 2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2 I/R+
    G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HIT, BLK
    Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO : 4 weekly starts

C : Mackinnon, Scheifele, Duchene, Eller
    C/LW : RNH. C/RW : W.Nylander. RW : P.Kane.
    LW : Connor, Vrana. LW/RW : Ehlers, Johnsson
    D : Carlson, Ghost, DeAngelo, M.Pettersson , Cernak
    G : Bishop, Binnington , Halak, Demko

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: who should I move Rinne for ?

Generally I'd reconsider because right now you'd be selling Rinne on a low (unless he goes extremely hot in the playoffs). I guess his value next season could very well be above of what you'd get for him right now. So maybe better hold onto him.

If you really want to switch him and the Gs you mentioned are not available, my primary target would be Rask. He's had a rather bad year, so his owner might be a bit weary of him, too. And if nothing else you'd get at least the younger G. I wouldn't be surprised if Rinne is the more valueable of the two next season though. NSH's D looks very solid while BOS currently has quite the patchwork and will leave Rask in a way tougher spot...

Other options:
    - Lundqvist (pretty much a wash IMO though: also oldish and on a down year - decline even?)
    - Fleury (yes, there's Murray looming, but you might as well use this to try to get an extra in your return. I guess Fleury will still start about 60 games. Murray is about as much a threat to Fleury as Vasilevskiy has been for Bishop or Bernier was for Quick. Everyone expects the young guy to take over, but it might never happen...)
    - Mrazek (here the takeover did happen, but his owner might not feel that certain about it yet. Least proven, but also most years ahead of him. Hasn't peaked yet, so maybe the best target after Rask)
    - Dubnyk (the Wild were underperforming for much of the year, I think his value will be very similar to Rinne's. Good job security with his contract, too)
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    Generally I'd reconsider because right now you'd be selling Rinne on a low (unless he goes extremely hot in the playoffs). I guess his value next season could very well be above of what you'd get for him right now. So maybe better hold onto him.

If you really want to switch him and the Gs you mentioned are not available, my primary target would be Rask. He's had a rather bad year, so his owner might be a bit weary of him, too. And if nothing else you'd get at least the younger G. I wouldn't be surprised if Rinne is the more valueable of the two next season though. NSH's D looks very solid while BOS currently has quite the patchwork and will leave Rask in a way tougher spot...

Other options:
    - Lundqvist (pretty much a wash IMO though: also oldish and on a down year - decline even?)
    - Fleury (yes, there's Murray looming, but you might as well use this to try to get an extra in your return. I guess Fleury will still start about 60 games. Murray is about as much a threat to Fleury as Vasilevskiy has been for Bishop or Bernier was for Quick. Everyone expects the young guy to take over, but it might never happen...)
    - Mrazek (here the takeover did happen, but his owner might not feel that certain about it yet. Least proven, but also most years ahead of him. Hasn't peaked yet, so maybe the best target after Rask)
    - Dubnyk (the Wild were underperforming for much of the year, I think his value will be very similar to Rinne's. Good job security with his contract, too)
    Great post with lots of options here.
    I agree you don't want to sell Rinne low, but if you can find an owner that is able to put this season behind him, then you may be able to find a fair deal.

The other two options I would look into, are:
    1) Waiting to see how the Anaheim situation shakes out, and then look to target either Gibson or Andersen.
    2) Buying Talbot before Edmonton jumps in the standings (acquires a #1 D man). He should be a cheeper buy at the moment, but may actually provide some of the most value over the next few years of the options still on the table.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

Like the rest of the guys said, I'd maybe hold off on trading Rinne. He's shown that he can be an elite goalie in the past and his value is pretty low. If you traded him, I don't think you'd really get another goalie that was better than him considering Holtby, Bishop, Price and Crawford are not available. The only goalie I think that is better than Rinne that is available is Lundqvist but the age factor is worrisome. If you really wanted to trade Rinne, I think you could go two ways. You could acquire another top goalie like Rask or Dubnyk or you could take a shot with a young goalie with potential for a cheaper price. Trading for Talbot has the potential to work out great for you because you should be able to get him cheap yet he can easily become a top fantasy goalie if Edmonton takes off. Who I would try to acquire if you did want to trade Rinne (I recommend keeping him but if you want to trade him there are options)

1. Talbot- I think getting him has the biggest reward potential because he should be cheaper to acquire than the other goalies
    2. Dubnyk
    3. Halak
    4. Lehner
    5. Murray
    6. Lundqvist

Dobber Sports Titan

I would not suggest Halak at all. With Greiss and Berube pushing him for starts, as well as him fighting himself with the injuries, there is just way too much that can go wrong there.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Great post with lots of options here.
    2) Buying Talbot before Edmonton jumps in the standings (acquires a #1 D man). He should be a cheeper buy at the moment, but may actually provide some of the most value over the next few years of the options still on the table.
    Good point! If this is finally the year when EDM does make the jump indeed... I'd like it to happen as I own Talbot, too, but a part of me is doubtfull - I have no clue why...
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    Good point! If this is finally the year when EDM does make the jump indeed... I'd like it to happen as I own Talbot, too, but a part of me is doubtfull - I have no clue why...
    I think they will be able to jump up from last anyways, but how far they jump will be based purely on if they can acquire a #1 D, or Nurse/Klefbom turn into a viable first pairing.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would keep Rinne rather than sell low, however he may have enough name value in our league with some g/m's. Therefore his low value won't come into play.
    Yahoo! 12 Team H2H (1win - Roto)
    Keep 6 : 2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2 I/R+
    G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HIT, BLK
    Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO : 4 weekly starts

C : Mackinnon, Scheifele, Duchene, Eller
    C/LW : RNH. C/RW : W.Nylander. RW : P.Kane.
    LW : Connor, Vrana. LW/RW : Ehlers, Johnsson
    D : Carlson, Ghost, DeAngelo, M.Pettersson , Cernak
    G : Bishop, Binnington , Halak, Demko

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Faced with the same decision. I feel the prudent decision is to wait and watch as these playoffs progress. If Nash litre it up, it could put you/us in a far better decision to hold or move.

Dobber Sports Recruit

I am also considering dropping Rinne but I notice his stats every second year are great,think I will hold off.

How about Schneider, how's he stack up in your league?