Thread: Anyone in need of some fantasy hockey at this time of the year?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Anyone in need of some fantasy hockey at this time of the year?

Hey guys,

I just feel like nhl playoffs and playoofs pools, as cool as they are, don't make it for the down of the end of the fantasy season. Also, keeper league action is not at its top right now. I'd like to play in a new league, start a new challenge, but 1 year leagues won't start recruiting before august or september, and keeper league teams available at this point are more often than not long term projetcs, (nothing wrong about that, just not what I'm looking at now). I figured that maybe I wasn't the only one in that situation, sooo...

I'm wondering if anyone would be up to build a 1 year league with me, roto, somehting around 16 teams, 50$ to 100$ (because i feel like it just spices things up a bit), weekly line-up, (so it's not to much time consuming), with a slow draft as soon as the rules are set and the recruitment is done.

We could thne open trading and free agency throughout the summer. I feel like there are tons of infos that would affect player's value, (signings, nhl trades, new coaches..), that are not often a factor in 1 year leagues, so maybe it would be something cool to consider. Of course it's interesting to draft in september when we have all of the info, but maybe there's something to be done here to start a 1 year league early, with a little bit of "keeper spirit/summer action".

I've been a long time reader of this forum but didn't post much, so of course i don't expect many of you guys to follow me in this, but maybe some respected member of this community would see something into it and want to participate/create this potential league with me.

Just wanted to throw the idea!

(sorry for my english, not my first language!)
    105 teams (7 divisions of 15 teams with indivual drafts), Regular Season Points Total, Playoffs H2H Points, One Year League $$$
    Start 4F, 4D, 2U, 2G daily, 5 bench
    G, A, +/- (important cat), PIM, PPG, SHG, SHA, GWG, HAT, SOG, WIN, GA, SV, SO, OTL

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

I...am your father.

Default Re: Anyone in need of some fantasy hockey at this time of the year?

Did you set up a team in Dobbernomics? That was a playoff solution- 175 teams. Next year I'll get 500!

Also, my keeper league extends into the playoffs and offers a separate trophy and prize structure using the same roster as from the regular season. Something to keep in mind when putting together leagues! It doesn't have to end on April 11th each year...
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i remember i first started fantasy hockey on that site smallworld.com or something like that. i was so addicted...but then i tried dobbernomics and it just didn't have the same effect. i can't remember if the functionality is different or i just like regular fantasy hockey so much better now.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i remember i first started fantasy hockey on that site smallworld.com or something like that. i was so addicted...but then i tried dobbernomics and it just didn't have the same effect. i can't remember if the functionality is different or i just like regular fantasy hockey so much better now.
    It will, trust me. Functionality still not there, but it is getting there quickly. Another key need is to get it to 1000 users. That's my goal for the fall. With 1000 users, most players will have tons of value movement. And that's a key part of making the game fun

What my job is, is to get people to join. Because initial growth will be slow. I need to get the users up to a number where growth will surge and it grows itself (and when it grows itself, the fun value increases and thus it grows even faster). I just need to get to that tipping point. Smallworld had the advantage of being the only game on the Internet related to real sports.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Did you set up a team in Dobbernomics? That was a playoff solution- 175 teams. Next year I'll get 500!

Also, my keeper league extends into the playoffs and offers a separate trophy and prize structure using the same roster as from the regular season. Something to keep in mind when putting together leagues! It doesn't have to end on April 11th each year...

I had a pretty busy time at work before the playoffs start so I couldn't set up a line-up in Dobernomics unfortunately. But I'll definitely give it a try next year!

Thanks for the answer!
    105 teams (7 divisions of 15 teams with indivual drafts), Regular Season Points Total, Playoffs H2H Points, One Year League $$$
    G, A, +/- (important cat), PIM, PPG, SHG, SHA, GWG, HAT, SOG, WIN, GA, SV, SO, OTL

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    Remember too that although the Dobbernomics name is several years old, the current incarnation of the game is brand new, entirely different than what you may have seen in 2014-2015 for example. We're learning from you and from our users - we're trying to identify the needs and wants of participants, and that is how we can prioritize which improvements to make and which features to introduce. Customer service and responsiveness is paramount for us, and as such, we encourage any sort of feedback.
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by louba5 View Post
    I had a pretty busy time at work before the playoffs start so I couldn't set up a line-up in Dobernomics unfortunately. But I'll definitely give it a try next year!
    Glad to hear that! Incidentally we will be using our Dobbernomics mailing list to let users know, for instance, when registration opens for the 2016-17 season in the fall. Feel free to subscribe if you wish..
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbernomics View Post
    Glad to hear that! Incidentally we will be using our Dobbernomics mailing list to let users know, for instance, when registration opens for the 2016-17 season in the fall. Feel free to subscribe if you wish..
    Thanks for the tip!

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR: