Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nikita Zaitsev

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Nikita Zaitsev

I recently traded up to the No. 2 pick for our Prospect Draft.

The guy with No. 1 is assumed to be taking Matthews. I have pick #2, #10 and #17 in a 30-pick draft.

I am wondering where Zaitsev slots in with the rest of next year's Calder eligible talent entering the league.

I know a lot depends on which team Zaitsev signs with. But what do we know about him and where should we be looking to slot him in on draft lists?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Nikita Zaitsev

I think it's all but given that he signs with the leafs. Every report I have seen says so anyways.
    As for where he would slot in, I really haven't looked into him that far yet. At the latest though, he is probably well worth a flier at your #17 pick.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

The TO media says everyone is going to sign there. Easy click bait for Leafs fans desperate for good news regarding the future. Stamkos rumours alone must generate millions of hits.

Very unlikely Zaitsev lasts to my No.17. pick. I know there are others in the league who have him on their radar.

Dobber Sports Ace

17th is worth it to me, but I wouldn't use that 10th overall on him. 15-20 range seems right. If someone takes him higher then that oh well, their risk
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Veteran

Igor Eronko
    ‏@IgorEronko
    GM of #CSKA Sergei Fedorov to @rsportru: 'Right from the start of the season we knew Nikita Zaitsev agreed to terms with #MapleLeafs

I would probably try to grab him with your pick #10. 2nd overall, you have to go with Laine.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

The Great One

what do we think he brings to fantasy hockey in the NHL?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Igor Eronko
    ‏@IgorEronko
    GM of #CSKA Sergei Fedorov to @rsportru: 'Right from the start of the season we knew Nikita Zaitsev agreed to terms with #MapleLeafs

I would probably try to grab him with your pick #10. 2nd overall, you have to go with Laine.
    Agree with this whole post. Though if there is someone higher on your list that falls to 10, I would not feel bad about letting him drop to try and see if he's there at 17. You never know how a draft will play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    what do we think he brings to fantasy hockey in the NHL?
    I would say it won't happen right away, but in a few years, once he adapts, I could see him as a 35pt, two way kind of guy that doesn't really hurt you in the secondary categories.
    Not sure he has the 45pt level to him
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Agree with this whole post. Though if there is someone higher on your list that falls to 10, I would not feel bad about letting him drop to try and see if he's there at 17. You never know how a draft will play out.

I would say it won't happen right away, but in a few years, once he adapts, I could see him as a 35pt, two way kind of guy that doesn't really hurt you in the secondary categories.
    Not sure he has the 45pt level to him
    Great advise here. 35-40pts top 4 D is what I expect from him once he adapts to NA.
    7 teams
    28 keepers

Dobber Sports Pro

I would hope for him at #17 as there are some good young players you can get with your #10 (depending on your needs of course), but if you feel there are none and would rather take a player that may take longer to develop but has a high upside at #17 then take Z at #10
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Sage

Good stuff guys. I think I will have to see what is there at #10 before I know what to do.

Obviously I am taking Laine at #2. That was the reason I traded up to get the pick in the first place. Plus the price was right, the guy is a Blues homer so I gave him Jaden Schwartz and Paul Stastny who were on the keeper limit bubble anyway. By moving Schwartz I can keep Burakovsky and I have Laine. I think most would trade Schwartz for Burakovsky and Laine at this point.

Pick #10 is a spot I have a lot of experience. I drafted Toffoli and Burakovsky at that spot in previous drafts. So its not a pick to be thrown away lightly. I will just see what is there at 10. I wonder how Zaitsev stacks up against the rookie draftees that will be on the board at 10. It feels like #17 is the right spot to take him if he is still there and I think that is what I will end up doing.

I could also use the No. 10 pick to get Kyle Connor, work out a trade with that as the basis.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Good stuff guys. I think I will have to see what is there at #10 before I know what to do.

Obviously I am taking Laine at #2. That was the reason I traded up to get the pick in the first place. Plus the price was right, the guy is a Blues homer so I gave him Jaden Schwartz and Paul Stastny who were on the keeper limit bubble anyway. By moving Schwartz I can keep Burakovsky and I have Laine. I think most would trade Schwartz for Burakovsky and Laine at this point.

Pick #10 is a spot I have a lot of experience. I drafted Toffoli and Burakovsky at that spot in previous drafts. So its not a pick to be thrown away lightly. I will just see what is there at 10. I wonder how Zaitsev stacks up against the rookie draftees that will be on the board at 10. It feels like #17 is the right spot to take him if he is still there and I think that is what I will end up doing.
    Always good to have a plan, and it sounds like you're setting yourself up well.

Dobber Sports Sage

Thanks. No plan, no dollars. I just hope Laine doesnt end up drafted by the Soilers and have his development stunted.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post

I could also use the No. 10 pick to get Kyle Connor, work out a trade with that as the basis.
    If you can do that, do that immediately!
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    If you can do that, do that immediately!
    Connor for the 10th overall is a steal I think.
    7 teams
    28 keepers

Dobber Sports Sage

It will take more than just the #10, I think. Perhaps that pick and the #17 has a chance.