Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Browns shopping the #2 overall pick.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Browns shopping the #2 overall pick.

I will be completely unsurprised when both quarterbacks fail to live up to expectations. It's not a very good draft class for the position, and need has driven two GMs to lose their minds.

Dobber Sports Expert

Or maybe the Eagles want Elliott that bad....woof

Dobber Sports Sage

You never know, but I think they could have moved up to 3 or 4 and still got Elliott. Moving to 2 says QB to me.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    You never know, but I think they could have moved up to 3 or 4 and still got Elliott. Moving to 2 says QB to me.
    No they are definitely moving up to grab a QB, I was just trying to stir a little pot. The only team ahead of them that would take a RB is Dallas but with the way things are shaping up, they will take S/CB Jalen Ramsey at #4 and hold out for Henry in the 2nd round. Chargers will take OT Larry Tunsil at #3...so I think the draft questions really start at #5.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think if the Eagles truly wanted Elliott, they would have just stayed at 8. I dont think anyone else was going to take a RB that early. MAYBE Dallas, but unlikely.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    No they are definitely moving up to grab a QB, I was just trying to stir a little pot. The only team ahead of them that would take a RB is Dallas but with the way things are shaping up, they will take S/CB Jalen Ramsey at #4 and hold out for Henry in the 2nd round. Chargers will take OT Larry Tunsil at #3...so I think the draft questions really start at #5.
    I have heard that the Chargers are shopping #3 now, presumably someone who NEEDS Tunsil would be interested in that.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I have heard that the Chargers are shopping #3 now, presumably someone who NEEDS Tunsil would be interested in that.
    A team with an OLine that torrid is going to trade away a chance to take the top OLineman on the board? That just seems crazy to me but NFL teams do weird and stupid things with draft picks.

Browns got a massive return on the trade enabling them to stock up on futures. Good on them. Ya have to figure Bradford gets dealt to DEN now right??
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    A team with an OLine that torrid is going to trade away a chance to take the top OLineman on the board? That just seems crazy to me but NFL teams do weird and stupid things with draft picks.
    This is a deep draft for offensive tackles. You can trade a smidgen down to Stanley or one of the other top 5 OTs, who will save you millions in salary over his career from Tunsil at the 3rd pick, whilst adding some additional 2nd/3rd/4th round picks to further fortify the line.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Did the Browns just make a good football decision??? Woah///

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Did the Browns just make a good football decision??? Woah///
    Looks that way. They can really beef up their roster now, and be patient on selecting their franchise QB. They'll almost certainly have a high pick next year and 2017 draft class generally and QB in particular is a much more talented pool than this year's class. To be frank, neither Wentz or Goff are 1st or 2nd overall caliber of talent. Fear is one helluva aphrodisiac to an NFL GM/coach.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

So it sounds like QBs are going 1-2 again this draft. The Eagles confirm they are taking a QB at #2. Who ever the Rams don't take at #1 is gone at #2.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    from what i heard the guys traded up to #1 because they thought #2 would take they guy they wanted. so now that #1 was traded it means their guy is off the board so now #2 is available.

there is also a good chance i made all of this up.
    E5?

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Padawan

It might not be the sexiest draft year for QB's but many see Goff as a franchise QB. That's who the Rams traded up for and that's who the Browns wanted themselves. As for Philly, the price they paid to move up for a franchise QB isn't too steep. But I wonder what it is their scouting team sees in Wentz that LA and Cleveland don't (assuming Goff was their target) that makes them comfortable with either or?

The Chargers sitting at 3 now could get a massive haul for this pick and it wouldn't be for Tunsil. Ramsey, Bosa, Buckner, Jack are all elite defensive prospects in this draft. You would have to leap Dallas to get the guy you want.

Dobber Sports Deity

As a Niners fan, if we can't get the QB we wanted at 7th overall (which obviously aint happening now), I would be more than happy with Buckner there at that spot. I don't expect any of the others you just listed to be available at 7 but all would be excellent picks for the Niners. There are plenty of rumours floating around about Jack's knee and just how strong it is, but that could be pre-draft BS to hurt his position.

I am also hoping the Niners sign the recently released Josh Norman too. What a weird situation around him right now.