Thread: To Panik, or not to Panik...

Dobber Sports Giant

Default To Panik, or not to Panik...

I know Panik is not really considered a prospect anymore but he is still pretty raw and has good potential to grow. Do you guys think his current output is a sign that he is breaking out or simply a hot start and nothing more. Should I be dropping him to temporarily handcuff Osuna with Storen (and then drop Storen to activate Perkins down the road) or should I stand pat and lose out on a couple of saves while ridding Panik's current streak?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: To Panik, or not to Panik...

I don't think you have much to worry about with Osuna. Closer's job is his for the foreseeable future.
    Keep Panik for now. Ride the wave and then see if he is worth anything in trade discussions by the end of the month.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I don't think you have much to worry about with Osuna. Closer's job is his for the foreseeable future.
    Keep Panik for now. Ride the wave and then see if he is worth anything in trade discussions by the end of the month.
    Thanks EB! I was thinking the same but since I will have to eventually drop someone to activate Perkins, I figured I would go with a depth player (Panik is one of my hottest depth players but he's not as ''sexy'' as a Fielder or Teixeira so he would be my drop at the moment). I was also wondering if others believed this was a ''wave or streak'' or if it was part of his ''breakout''?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

He has shown flashes before, so it's tough to discount it. Though really it is also hard to drop someone like Fielder/Teixeira who you know will produce. Depends on how much you watch to swing for the fences over the next few years vs. having the steady competitive team.
    I think you have to treat it as a wave for now. It's much too small a sample size to draw any other conclusions yet.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)