Thread: NFL...... Keep 1 WR??

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default NFL...... Keep 1 WR??

If you could keep 1 WR in a PPR league, who would you keep??

J.Nelson(GB)
    B.Marshall(NYJ)
    A.Robinson (JAC)

My other keeper is L.Bell.. I am leaning towards A.Robinson as he is younger and has some solid chemistry with Bortles.. But its hard to ignore the other two WR's.. B.Marshall is iffy, because we aren't 100% sure who his QB is yet.. And well J.Nelson is a absolute stud when healthy..

I don't have to make my decision until September, but just looking for some feedback in the meantime!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: NFL...... Keep 1 WR??

I like Jordy here. If he hadnt been injured last year you would not be entertaining the idea of keeping someone else. I think Nelson will return with a vengeance this year so hang on for the ride. NYJ will not receive competent enough QB play for Marshall to ascend to the level of Nelson. Robinson is an ascending player but I dont see him reaching the output of Nelson over the next 2 years. It's a tough call, Robinson had a great season last year. If it's an age thing nobody can question you keeping Robinson since he is much younger. I just feel that Jordy will be marginally better for the next 2 years.

Dobber Sports Titan

I would have gone with Nelson as well. Have to go for the higher reward. Safer picks can be found much later.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

You can really choose any of the three and be right. My thoughts:

Jordy- top target for the best QB in the league. I don't expect him to reach the heights of his career year +90 rec, 1500 yards 10-15 TD's. But he's a safe bet for WR1 production.
    Marshall- it doesn't matter who is QB is because he produces the same numbers every year. One of the very best in the league
    Arob- first full season he put up 80/1400/14. He's on a young up and coming offence with a QB that seems to be very comfortable with him. Plus he's in a division with IMO some putrid pass D's.

If I have to keep one, it would be Robinson. In fact, I wouldn't take many wr's above him in a redraft right now (OBJ, Julio, Antonio) But since the other two options are just as solid, why not trade Robinson for a premium pick and improve your odds of rostering two of the three stud wr's?

Dobber Sports Expert

Allen Robinson in a heartbeat. This kid is the real deal and last year was his coming out party. Jacksonville is building a very good offense and he is the focal point. Robinson is being consistently ranked in the top 5 wide receivers in PPR formats. Consider this, Robinson finished 6th last year amongst wide receivers in PPR formats....the only guys to outscore him? Brown, Jones, Marshall, Hopkins & Beckham.

As for Marshall, the uncertainty at QB with the more than likely departure of Fitzpatrick gives him a big knock and I woulddrop him well out of the top 10 WRs for next season.

Nothing against Jordy but a torn ACL is difficult to overcome at 31 years old.

Dobber Sports Deity

Robinson for me too. I really like Bortles and think their offense as a whole is going to improve.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Are trades aloud during the offseason? If so be a good time to dish Nelson for picks. Maybe wait until the summer months when reports begin leaking re his recovery and other GMs' interests increase. I'd go with A-Rob due to his large market share of this offense and youth. Neither of the other two have both qualities.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Titan

A-Rob. But you can make the decision on Nelson in the pre-season. I don’t think he’ll be as bad as people think because ACL injuries aren’t what they used too, and he did it in the pre-season last yr so he’ll be a yr out of recovery. But it’s A-Rob………..Nelson…Marshall for me.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Another vote for the beast. A-Rob gonna be like Dez, but better.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Thank you so much guys for all your insight!! It is definitely appreciated.. I love that we have some football diehards around here..

We are allowed trades for draft picks and I think I could get some for J.Nelson if I threw him up on the block..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Thank you so much guys for all your insight!! It is definitely appreciated.. I love that we have some football diehards around here..

We are allowed trades for draft picks and I think I could get some for J.Nelson if I threw him up on the block..
    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    A-Rob. But you can make the decision on Nelson in the pre-season. I don’t think he’ll be as bad as people think because ACL injuries aren’t what they used too, and he did it in the pre-season last yr so he’ll be a yr out of recovery. But it’s A-Rob………..Nelson…Marshall for me.
    If it were a redraft and/or non ppr league I would lean toward Jordy Nelson I think he has another level. But in this particular league with it being a keeper and ppr I have to go with A-Rob. He had 158 pass targets in 2015 more than Nelson has ever seen in any one season. In fact in 2011 when Nelson went for 1200+ yards that was only on 96 targets. Nelson is more dynamic on a per game basis and TD potential but in PPR formats it's all about targets so ARob for me.

As far as trading Nelson yeah you can wait. No rush. I'd probably start sniffin' around when camp opens and the hype starts to build on these guys.
    @SmittysRant