Thread: Picks 2, 6 and 13

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Picks 2, 6 and 13

Points only league, and I have those three picks at this years draft. Who do you take from this years class? I would like to go out on a limb and say no Dmen will get drafted in the top 6

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Picks 2, 6 and 13

2Laine
    6Tkachuk, McLeod, Nylander
    Crapshoot of the best available. Maybe a D-man?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Matthews at #1 is a no-brainer I would think.. Then its the two Finns, give me Laine then Puljujarvi.. Dubois, Tkachuk, and Nylander would be my next three selections in order.. #13 will all depend on who is there, I woould hope for Keller but think he will be gone.. DeBrincat could be a sleeper at #13..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Titan

I definitely don't think Debrincat is worth picking up that early unless he gets scooped up by the Islanders or someone that can offer him a plum spot along a star
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

since it's point only, i'd do the following:
    2. laine (it looks like he's starting to pull away with the number 2 spot ahead of puljujarvi, and he is a much better goal scorer)
    6. after the big 3, i'd do tkachuk, dubois and then nylander. McLeod has more appeal in multi-cat leagues.
    13. i'd be targeting guys like Tyson jost, clayton keller (already mentioned here by someone), german rubtsov and keiffer bellows. I think rubtsov especially is gonna go much higher than people think. also, it's possible Mikhail sergachyov falls under your league settings. might be worth picking up if u need dmen. he's this year's provorov, with a bit less offensive potential. and jake bean might be there as well. he's this year's Anthony Deangelo.
    and I think there's a very good possibility that chychrun goes top 6. I can't imagine there won't be a team that won't want a potential franchise dman. Toronto or Edmonton come to mind, if they fall out of the top 3. but for points only leagues, it's probably more worth it to go with a forward with such a high pick.

Dobber Sports Veteran

2. Laine
    6. Dubois, Tkachuk or Nylander
    13. Keller or Jost
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Deity

I agree that pick #2 is either Matthews or Laine (who ever is left after the 1st pick goes)

It gets harder to recommend guys after that because we don't know who will be there at #6. For me, I would rank the next three possibilities like Tkachuk, Nylander, Dubois. Whoever is left from those three (I expect there will be only one left anyways so your choice should be easy) should be your pick here.

#13 gets even harder to determine. McLeod, Keller, Chychrun, Juolevi, Sergachev are all nice pieces. I'd say any of them are worth snagging at 13.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."