Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Forum: Summer Members vs. In-Season Members

I...am your father.

Default Forum: Summer Members vs. In-Season Members

A couple of years ago when I first started going through and tracking the posts for each month and all users with 100+ posts, I picked up on patterns. I went back all the way to the beginning (2007). There is a definite separation of in-season vs. off-season for members. For example, I'll see the same member reach 100+ posts in September and October of every year for seven years running...but no other months. But I'll also see a handful of people who appear every April and stick around until September...then they go away, only to return in April

Many members leave after February or March and won't come back until September. Anyway, I thought you'd find it interesting since I saw it mentioned in another thread.
    Fungchen, for example, is a May to October guy. MarmotKing is another summer guy. Praba is around a lot more in the summer. Shake has been April to September, for the most part.
    Metaldude all but disappears for the summer. Same with Vincent Vega
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Forum: Summer Members vs. In-Season Members

Very interesting. Wonder what drives these particular posting trends?

Personally, I enjoy the offseason times. Guess it's just a slower, more relaxed environment then (much less "Who Won This Trade" and "Quick Help!" posts). I know some have commented on the lockout period as a dark time for the site, but I don't really see it that way. I got through the lockout and stayed involved with fantasy hockey b/c of the site during that time and remember the discussions being pretty good then.
    Full Keeper: 10 Team (300 drafted), H2H, Daily, Y!
    Roster: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 10Reserve, 1IR
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW
              W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backes, Toews, Couture, Scheifele, Horvat, Fabbri
    LW: Landeskog, Galchenyuk, Lucic, Palat
    RW: Kucherov, MacKinnon, Carter, Coyle, Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Klingberg, Josi, Shattenkirk, Ekman-Larsson, Phaneuf, Nurse, Ceci
    G: Holtby, Allen, Lack, Greiss, Enroth, Kuemper

2015 League Champion
    2016 League Champion

Dobber Sports Monster

Yes the off season is more of a fun time for me on the forum boards. During the season I am locked in on league stuff. Watching games. Working rosters. Handling league work. During the off season, we have free agency, trades, draft talk etc. For me, just more to engage in talks as a whole in the off season.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Im definitely pre season and late season guy. But that's mostly due to commitments in other sports leagues. Once football is done I'm normally on here quite a bit....but then in like a month I'm prepping for MLB.

Administrator

Every month is trainwreck month for me.

As for why people are seasonal I'd say it's a combination of when they are available (jobs, home life, kids, cottage, etc) and when they feel compelled to interact (prospect draft, daily in-season questions, keeper choices, etc).

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Banned

As long as we all stick together our fantasy hockey dreams will come true every day.

The Magnificent One

Eric said it. Feel like it has a lot to with your real life situations but also how involved your leagues are. For me I skim the forums but don't post that much anymore unfortunatly. Work has taken up a large chunck of my time during work hours and sadly after also. I try to post to trade talks in keeper leagues but otherwise not so much
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Giant

It all depends on work and school schedule for me. A few jobs ive had in recent years (same company) have had me near computers and a few haven't. Nothing makes your workday go by faster than surfin dobber hockey.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Ninja

I thought this was going to be a cage match. #disappointed
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

I know I usually leave the forums first week of July.

Draft is done. Most UFA's have signed their deal. Nothing really left to talk about. The forums usually get weird around that time. Any news is good news. Threads usually start with "It's a slow day so .....".

I'll return to the forums when training camp starts.

I'll probably pop in if there was some big announcement during that time but usually it's very slow. Therefore, I have nothing to comment on...hockey wise. And that's why I'm here

Dobber Sports Master

I bet we're all pretty cranky by very late august -thats usually when the craving for hockey starts to hit me hard .

There is no off season for dynasty football/hockey.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    There is no off season for dynasty football/hockey.
    This is kinda the way it's been for me for some time now too, although my work commitments are changing very soon so that could alter activity both here and in some of my pools.

I may have to hand my crown for most posts in a year off to someone else this season.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

For me, the offseason is preparing for the upcoming fantasy drafts in September; discussing sleepers, breakout candidates and other things is still a great reason to come here.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Stud

Im here year round.. just dont post much...

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft