Thread: Montréal goalies futures (back up)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Montréal goalies futures (back up)

How do you see goalies in Montréal for the next 2 years

Price #1, of course

mike condon
    zachary fucale
    Charlie lindgren
    ben scrivens shouldn't be back next years

next years isn't that much important for me, looking for 2017-2018, but probably too far.

Thanks you if you can Help me
    16 teams, points only

Players got random contract.

f(12): N.Ritchie-4, M.Pacioretty-1, R.Strome-2, W.Karlsson-3, J.Virtanen-4, R.Getzlaf-1, C.McDavid-4, E.Lindholm-2, M.Rantanen-5, L.Stempniak-4, A.Hemsky-3, M.Cammalleri-3

b: B.Perlini-5, T.Rattie-3, M.Colle-5, M.Puempel-3, D.Caggiula-5, R.Asplund-5, J.F-karlsson-5, K.Bellows-5, A.Lehkonen-5, A.DeBrincat-5, A.Johnson-5, H.Borgstrom-5, JC.Beaudin-5, M.Reway-5

d(6): D.Doughty-1, D.Byfuglien-1, J.Gardiner-2, S.Jones-2, R.Pulock-4, S.Theodore-4

b: N.Nesterov-2, L.Bengtsson-5, J.Chychrun-5

g(2 of the same team): Price-1, Condon-4

b: Fucale-5, Sorokin-5

The Great One

Default Re: Montréal goalies futures (back up)

Condon will back up next year but predicting after that is a crapshot. Would have expected to see Fucale play a game this year with the Habs troubles in net so not sure what that says about him for 2017-18 - even if he gets into a game or two next season now will it be enough to wrestle the back up gig off Condon? not sure.

One thing that has come to light the last few years though is that predicting back ups is rough - and even then it isn't a prerequisite to them becoming starters thee or elswhere

Administrator

I'd put Lindgren in as a possible successor to Condon. Fucale hasn't shown he is anywhere near NHL-ready yet. There's also a chance they go back to free agency to find a backup.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Fucale will spend another couple seasons in the AHL but he is the future backup I'd say. They will put bandainds in place until he is ready to assume the role behind Price.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

2017-2018? I think they will let Fucale and Lindgren develop in the AHL for another 2 years. So I'd go with Condon or a UFA.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I like Condon as the back-up for next year - but probably as last year as Hab.
    He was solid enough and at $575k... that's basement dollars and saves a few K for other players.
    Lindgren/Fucale in AHL split, one promoted in 2017-2018 as MON back-up.

Dobber Sports Giant

Condon next year for sure. The fans love him in Montreal and he did a decent job holding the fort in his first NHL season.

Fucale is NOT ready and I doubt he is in the next 2 years as well. He may become something special in the future but as it stands, he is a long term project.

Lindgren came out of nowhere and played great during his only start this year. I think he splits duties with Fucale so both can better their game next year and go from there.

I would not be surprised if the Habs went out to get a backup after the 2016-17 season via free agency if they can't lock up Condon...
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

This is probably a bit of a moot (Moo) point, as, assuming Price is healthy enough, he will be around longer than two years just eating up starts.
    I would go with Condon as your best bet out of the ones listed, however by the time someone else is relevant, it will probably be someone who comes over in a trade or as a UFA.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)