Thread: Looking for some help with a playoff poll

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Looking for some help with a playoff poll

Hello all,

I am in charge of picking two playoff teams and am looking for any advice I can get.

For my team, I have to pick one player from each team.

9 F, 6D, and 1 G and is goal-heavy.

Scoring:

G = 3 pts
    PPG = 4 pts
    SHG = 5 pts
    All A = 1 pt
    Hat trick = +5 pts
    Goalie win = 5 pts
    Shutout = +3 pts
    Goal given up = -1pt
    Saves = 1 pt/10 saves (no partial pts)

Not sure of the number of teams, but since any team can pick any player, not sure it matters.

Any strategies for picking players here would be helpful. Thank you!

I...am your father.

Default Re: Looking for some help with a playoff poll

It's a high-risk type of pool because you probably want your goalie to be on a team in the Final. The safest bet there is Holtby. I say this because STL/CHI could go either way, and one of them against the Ducks (or add LAK and SJS into the mix) and it's a crap shoot. In the East, at least WSH will get out of the first round, we know that much.
    I'd go Holtby, Crosby, Burns for sure. Then I'd use the other five D for the softest/weakest/most questionable teams
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Looking for some help with a playoff poll

Building off of Dobber there, I would also be looking at Ghost, as he will likely be out in the first, and then Suter/Spurgeon from Minnesota.
    Nashville is another good spot to grab a D, and I would go Josi over Weber there. That leaves you with 8 forwards and two Dmen to spread over the last 10 teams.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)