Thread: Spangenberg... 8 RBIs already

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Spangenberg... 8 RBIs already

Hey all, is Cory Spangenberg able to hit 70-20-80 with a decent average this year? I know it's barely his 2nd full season but he has put up great numbers in the early going. Was wondering if I should drop a guy like Teheran or Grilli to pick him up (actually I would need to drop both as I would have to activate Estratda from the IR first).

I guess I will wait for some feedback before doing anything drastic
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Spangenberg... 8 RBIs already

Profile: How you feel about Spangenberg depends on which you choose to emphasize between his strengths and his weaknesses. Strength: he just posted a slightly above-average batting line as a 24-year-old in his first real major league season. Other strength: he did that while also recording the majority of starts at second base. Weakness: the aforementioned batting line (like many of those he produced in the minors, as well) was the product largely of a high batting average on balls in play. Other weakness: his capacity to play an average second base is questioned by, for example, former lead prospect analyst Kiley McDaniel. Spangenberg accumulated nearly 2.5 times as many strikeouts as walks in the minors. That sort of profile places a considerable burden on his ability to do damage on contact. That formula worked for him in 2015 -- and has served as the foundation of Howie Kendrick's career, for example -- but it fails more often than it succeeds in the majors. (Carson Cistulli)

The Quick Opinion: Spangenberg has succeeded offensively in the minors and majors despite a troublesome ratio of walks to strikeouts. It's not impossible for him to continue succeeding that way, but it's improbable.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Giant

Holy smokes OG! Thanks for that info; I guess I'll hold back a bit before a make a move that would force me to drop 2 players...
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Holy smokes OG! Thanks for that info; I guess I'll hold back a bit before a make a move that would force me to drop 2 players...
    That’s just off Fangraphs user profile. Use that site when determining a player for sure. It’s like hockey reference/baseball reference but I think it’s more tuned for fantasy purposes when dealing with player profiles.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    That’s just off Fangraphs user profile. Use that site when determining a player for sure. It’s like hockey reference/baseball reference but I think it’s more tuned for fantasy purposes when dealing with player profiles.
    Awesome! I had never heard of it. A big thanks for this!

Minors: