Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Playoffs 2016 Pool

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Playoffs 2016 Pool

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I really love the concept of this dobbernomics thing, but the interface is really preventing me from getting into it.

First and foremost, all the junk on the right side of the page should be replaced by something useful, like maybe a list of players so you can add/drop without having to constantly go from one page to another. It's just too much work to make moves, and making moves is the whole point. Why do I have to drop a player before I can see a list of potential players to replace him? Very strange.

There are a number of little glitches and weird design things that I assume are still being worked out, so I won't mention those

This is something I could get extremely addicted to, but it's not quite there yet if you ask me.

Agree with all of this.

I would add that on more than one occasion, not only were the scores not updated in the morning, but even after they were updated certain players on my team did not receive their points. Ever. So a bit deflating when you are trying to be competitive.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that this fantastic pool is free and we are the guinea pigs being used to help work out the kinks. My hats off to all those behind the scenes working hard to make this happen. I am sure in time it will be amazing. Unfortunately, however, until this dobbernomics pool works out a more accurate and user friendly interface I am not going to be able to put my full attention towards this pool. I will do my best to persevere
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Administrator

Much requested, the ability to browse available free agents has now been released.
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Administrator

I consider it important to address user concerns and hence will reply below.

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    I would add that on more than one occasion, not only were the scores not updated in the morning, but even after they were updated certain players on my team did not receive their points. Ever. So a bit deflating when you are trying to be competitive.
    Yahoo leagues have been operational since 2001 and Fantrax since at least 2009 yet even they still on occasion experience glitches related to statistics collection. We've had less than 2 weeks of 'playoff' experience - it would be unrealistic to expect zero issues in that respect.

What I can vouch for though is that any such issues are followed up as soon as we notice them or are notified of them. The few instances where stats weren't available first thing in the morning were corrected that same day.

I believe that your team's stats are correct though, and can run a full audit of your team to confirm that.

That being said, I have to acknowledge than there is much room for improvement. All of your points are valid concerns and are being heard, and every day we will chip away to try to get this pool up to the standards that you and other users would expect. That's my promise to you.

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Something that I've been meaning to ask as far as how the whole pricing mechanics of this thing works:

Marc-Andre Fleury has yet to play a game in these playoffs. We also have no idea if he will even play a game at all. And yet he's more expensive than, say, Brian Elliott.

I couldn't imagine that many players are carrying him on their rosters given his price, so

shouldn't his price be incrementally dropping, if not absolutely falling through the floor? Otherwise, there's no incentive to take a risk on him.

Also, why isn't Murray available?

RETIRED

Administrator

The initial price of players is based in part on the player's projected stats. For the playoffs we weren't able to build an entirely new projection scheme hence all the player prices are based on their regular season price. Fleury's regular season projections vs. Elliott's being what they are explains the price difference between the two.

Murray is available now.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbernomics View Post
    The initial price of players is based in part on the player's projected stats. For the playoffs we weren't able to build an entirely new projection scheme hence all the player prices are based on their regular season price. Fleury's regular season projections vs. Elliott's being what they are explains the price difference between the two.

Murray is available now.
    Yes, I get that you had to start somewhere. What I'm getting at is that MAF's value (and others) seems to be more or less static and does not reflect the current "market realities", so to speak.

By the law of supply-and-demand, if there's no demand then prices should surely fall. Any team that foolishly invested in Fleury at the beginning should be in "Holy Shlt!"-mode now.

But as it stands now, they could theoretically ditch Fleury for Elliot or Jones or whomever and just gain more cap-space for other players. I see this as a serious flaw in the overall game model.

RETIRED

Administrator

I can't get into much detail, but the pricing algorithm will be undergoing evaluation and tweaking

Dobber Sports Master

not to take anything away from the dobber name but I wonder if you were to brand it as ''smallworld'' if you'd attract some players that loved the setup in the late 1990's before it was taken over by the sporting news .

btw , I've used the scoring formula (with some tweaks) from smallworld,tsn,nomics as the base scoring formula for my dynasy h2h's for years .

Administrator

Fixes/enhancements in the past week:

- Ability to browse free agents at any time
    - Integrated simultaneous add/drop capability directly from the players screen
    - Default roster now shows players owned right now, today
    - Ability to navigate to the next roster period
    - Hovering over menu items & league standings link retains same font size
    - Minimized need for user scrolling on roster & players pages
    - Added +/- in statistics views

Dobber Sports Expert

How's everyone doing in the pool?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehdaun View Post
    How's everyone doing in the pool?
    30th. I've had a terrible 2nd round. Terrible! 1-2 so far with my picks
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Expert

I'm 31st after last night. Made a few mistakes at the beginning while learning the format and for picking up too many Chicago players. Had to carry those dead spots an extra week or so until I got more moves.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Not to be hyper-critical, and maybe it's just me, but I'm going to suggest that Friday at 5:30p may not be the best time for a weekly deadline...

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm sorry, maybe I'm just a total idiot, but I'm not getting this at all.

Supposedly the deadline is today, Friday the 13th at 6:30 pm Eastern. I had understood that that deadline was for the period running from Saturday the 14th through Friday the 20th.

But now the current period is showing today through next Thursday, and by waiting until this morning to make my transactions I've lost them??? WTF?

One of the following must be true:

a) I have no idea how this thing is supposed to work, or
    b) it's not working.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I'm sorry, maybe I'm just a total idiot, but I'm not getting this at all.

Supposedly the deadline is today, Friday the 13th at 6:30 pm Eastern. I had understood that that deadline was for the period running from Saturday the 14th through Friday the 20th.

But now the current period is showing today through next Thursday, and by waiting until this morning to make my transactions I've lost them??? WTF?

One of the following must be true:

a) I have no idea how this thing is supposed to work, or
    b) it's not working.
    Same thing happened to me Karma. Luckily I made a few selections already, but I had fully expected to have at least this morning to finalize my roster. I think mods need to tweak this a bit. We can't all be expected to stay up waiting for the final game to end to make our moves for the week.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen