Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Who is the better goalie: Andersen or Gibson?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Who is the better goalie: Andersen or Gibson?

I wonder if Ana trades Andersens rights to get a solid return, keeps Gibson and then makes a play to trade for Ryan Miller as insurance to split time/mentor Gibson for the 1 year remaining on Millers contract. Miller would come quite cheap I imagine with the Canucks interested in rolling out Markstrom & Demko. Then Gibson takes over full time, Miller always wanted to be in Cali and Van/Ana have a consistent history of being a trading partner. Miller seemingly wants out of Van due to the misleading of the direction of the team when he signed on.

Ana gets a solid vet, gives the reigns to Gibson, and nets a hefty return for Andersen.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by GoNucks View Post
    I wonder if Ana trades Andersens rights to get a solid return, keeps Gibson and then makes a play to trade for Ryan Miller as insurance to split time/mentor Gibson for the 1 year remaining on Millers contract. Miller would come quite cheap I imagine with the Canucks interested in rolling out Markstrom & Demko. Then Gibson takes over full time, Miller always wanted to be in Cali and Van/Ana have a consistent history of being a trading partner. Miller seemingly wants out of Van due to the misleading of the direction of the team when he signed on.

Ana gets a solid vet, gives the reigns to Gibson, and nets a hefty return for Andersen.
    no one is taking on miller.

i can see them doing what the habs did. even though halak (andersen) did better in the playoffs (assuming he does), they trade him because price (gibson) is the golden boy.

it sure as hell worked out for the habs, so i can see the ducks doing it too. especially since gibson is locked up dirt cheap for 3 years, whereas andersen is going to be too expensive for their budget team

I...am your father.

Andersen is the better goalie
    Gibson, at this point, is the better fantasy own because he gets full 'Golden Boy' status. And that's important because it improves chances of success thanks to a longer leash and a few extra opportunities.

That being said, in a keeper league I'd still take the risk and trade Gibson for Andersen - perhaps I could get a draft pick thrown in.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Genius

Who is this Andersen guy and where did he come from? It seems he's pretty alright at being a hockey goalie and stuff.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Andersen is the better goalie
    Gibson, at this point, is the better fantasy own because he gets full 'Golden Boy' status. And that's important because it improves chances of success thanks to a longer leash and a few extra opportunities.

That being said, in a keeper league I'd still take the risk and trade Gibson for Andersen - perhaps I could get a draft pick thrown in.
    I feel like everyone teeters on this subject... In my opinion, the goalie coaches/evaluators have the biggest say in these matters. And if they have informed the Anaheim brass that Gibson is better (longterm) and the gm has responded with the contract then it must be so.

I do however, admit that goalie blunders have taken place. Ala Raycroft, Schneider. I just think they get this right more than they get it wrong, and trust their expertise.

Just my two cents
    Head to head. Keeper league. PTS ONLY. 12 team

8F: Stamkos, Giroux, Kopitar, P. Kane, Eberle, Kucherov, Tarasenko, Sharp
    Bench: Gaborik, Spezza, Boedker, Little, Maroon

4D: Letang, Shattenkirk, Hedman, Doughty

Bench: Sekera, Schultz

2G: Rask, F. Andersen

Bench: Miller, Raanta