Thread: Matt Murray

The Wolverine

Default Matt Murray

Removed from game after collision with Schenn:

Matt Murray exited Saturday's match with the Flyers during the first period.
    Murray made all 11 saves asked of him before Brayden Schenn bumped his head firmly, knocking off his mask. Jeff Zatkoff replaced Murray after 17:35, and we'll keep you posted on Murray's status.
    https://vine.co/v/iTmLwI6jO05

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Matt Murray

He seemed to be okay and with it when he was leaving the ice. Left under his own power.
    Moreso likely just a precautionary visit to the dark room, with the penguins not having much to lose by pulling him.

Not trying to belittle the fact he got hit in the head though. Really hoping it isn't anything serious.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Big Daddy

Penguins can't survive with Zatkoff in the playoffs. Is there any clear timetable for Fleury's return, and how far do you guys think a young Matt Murray can carry the Pens if Fleury is out for the entire playoffs?
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Titan

All I have heard about Fleury's timetable is "soon". So it wouldn't surprise me to see him game 1, but it may not be at 100%.
    Murray can definitely be solid enough, and to let the offence do its thing for a series or two. Don't know if I would trust him past round 1 though, but by then would probably be the latest Fleury would be back anyways
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)