Thread: News on Kasdorf?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default News on Kasdorf?

Really hoping I can get another start in on Friday for my finals matchup. Any word on Buffalo starters for the back-to-back?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

I...am your father.

Default Re: News on Kasdorf?

It's possible, but I can't remember that ever happening - a college goalie gets signed and is played immediately? It would tell me that the Sabres' brass do not trust Lehner to stay healthy in the future (I for one, do not)

But nothing to lose I guess. If he starts, my guess would be Friday's game
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Titan

It definitely would be a rare occurrence. There were however some rumblings on the forums a few days ago that he may get a start Friday (couldn't find a link to any substantial evidence however).
    Hopefully he does, as I really need the saves and the possible win.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Titan

https://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/...t-end-of-week/

Best I could find on Kasdorf was Blysma being very cryptic about the roster for the upcoming B2B games

Dobber Sports Titan

Kasdorf now confirmed as tonights starter for anyone taking a flier there

https://mobile.twitter.com/BuffaloSa...60814961860608

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yup... that was my thread a couple days ago.
    I signed him up in a couple leagues. I know a couple other keen competitors did too.

Montreal gave Charlie Lindgren a start last night as well.
    I think some GMs like to give their fans a taste of what could come... something to talk about... discuss.
    I think it can be good for a player's confidence to get a game in as well at NHL without having to wait forever it will... ever... happen.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see more of it in future years (undrafted NCAA players get a quick late-game for an NHL team out of playoffs).

As for Kasdorf, I had read a couple articles of people that liked his potential.
    BUF is a young team... and I'd guess they'll let Chad Johnson walk (who I think... is good enough to get a solid Cam Talbot-like short-term contract from... perhaps Calgary).

Kasdorf could be backing up Robin Lehner in BUF for some starts next year... so I think he's worth a flyer in deep keeper leagues too.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    It's possible, but I can't remember that ever happening - a college goalie gets signed and is played immediately? It would tell me that the Sabres' brass do not trust Lehner to stay healthy in the future (I for one, do not)

But nothing to lose I guess. If he starts, my guess would be Friday's game
    It happens with a lot of college free agents as it is one of the biggest things that teams can use as incentive to get a free agent to sign. If a new signee plays a game this season, it burns a year of his contract (depending on his age) which means he will be able to sign his 2nd NHL contract a year earlier.