Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Possible 1st round UPSETS...which team

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Possible 1st round UPSETS...which team

The "secret" pick is definitely a wrinkle I haven't heard of before. I would be curious to see who got picked by everyone and how that plays out (I'm assuming you get double the points for Hank now, correct?)

Fairly solid team, and as a Nashville fan I appreciate the late support there as an underdog with the Rinne and Josi selections.

Best of luck!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    The "secret" pick is definitely a wrinkle I haven't heard of before. I would be curious to see who got picked by everyone and how that plays out (I'm assuming you get double the points for Hank now, correct?)

Fairly solid team, and as a Nashville fan I appreciate the late support there as an underdog with the Rinne and Josi selections.

Best of luck!
    Thanks Eskimo Brother.
    Yep, double the points for the King. I like the secret pick thing, different Won't know the secret picks (or rosters) of the other franchises until rosters are posted online in next couple of days. We picked 7th in 5th round and held our breath until we got Lundqvist again so none of the 6 franchises which picked b4 us would have secret picked him.
    I like the Preds but man that west is tough to get through. Considering where we got them it will be rewarding to us if they get past the first round and maybe $$$ if they get through 2. Sorry to say, Preds were not a hot item even in such such deep pool as the only skaters taken other than our 2 were Forsberg and Neal. I wanted Weber instead of Josi but got out voted by my 2 team mates lol. Josi pretty good though.
    We need the hockey "upset" gods on our side to get in the $$$.

Good luck to you too if UR are involved in playoff stuff.

Dobber Sports Titan

Can't say it surprises me that they weren't a hot ticket team! Always the underdog.
    It does surprise me that Johansen didn't go though. I do agree with your teammates on the Josi over Weber thing.

A little too addicted to fantasy to not be involved in playoff pools haha.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Spelled his name wrong (above) but we did get Johansen, Rinnie and Josi from the Preds. And Johansson from the Caps.

Shoot...yesterday it was NYR vs Panthers. I liked. So far today and not sure if it might change...NYR vs Pens...damnit. Don't like this matchup at all.

Dobber Sports Titan

If the Islanders get a few points in their two games this weekend, then you will be back to your good matchup

Dobber Sports Padawan

If the Islanders get a few points in their two games this weekend, then you will be back to your good matchup
    Thanks. I'm finding it impossible to understand all the possible matchup scenarios. If the Isles don't get any more points do they retain their current bracket position?
    If so, and I was them, I'd kind of be 'PRACTICING" tonite and Sunday to get the Panthers instead of the Pens. Flyers won so Bruins out? Considering their precarious position a surprisiingly high number of Bruins were taken in our draft.

Dobber Sports Icon

Best of luck!
    I was in a pool once with a "secret" pick except it was a little bit different. They called it a sleeper and you had to pick him before the draft started and you only got his points if no team drafted him during the regular draft. The year was 2000 and my sleeper pick was Brian Boucher. I am pretty sure it was 2 points for a goalie win so Boucher's 22 points as an extra pick led me to the championship by a large margin.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

There is going to be a boat load of 7 games series in the first round!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..