Thread: Carey Price season is officially over - Injury fully disclosed by team

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Carey Price season is officially over - Injury fully disclosed by team

Carey Price was injured on November 25 against the Rangers and it was a sprain right knee. They specify that it is not the same injury that he sustained on October 29 against the Oilers and not the same injury he had in the last years and they expect a full recovery.
    12 Teams Keep All - 25 players - Pts only (FWD: 1 pt per goal and assist - DEF: 2 pts per goal, 1 pt per assist - GOA: 2 pts per win, 4 pts per SO) / Active roster: 9 Fwds, 4 Defs, 2 Goalies

F: S. Crosby, T. Hall, V. Tarasenko, R. Strome, J. Gaudreau, J. Guentzel, D. Pastrnak , M. Rantanen, S. Aho, P. Buchnevich, E. Kuznetzov, M. Pacioretty, J. Pavelski, J. Marchessault, D. Perron
    D: K. Letang, D. Doughty, J. Carlson, D. Hamilton, B. Montour
    G: V. Husso, J. Quick, C. Hellebyuck, F. Andersen

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Carey Price season is officially over - Injury fully disclosed by team

Quote Originally Posted by vallaird View Post
    Carey Price was injured on November 25 against the Rangers and it was a sprain right knee. They specify that it is not the same injury that he sustained on October 29 against the Oilers and not the same injury has he had in the last years and they expect a full recovery.
    Price needs to stop playing the Rangers.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Carey Price season is officially over - Injury fully disclosed by team

Insane and disrespectful by the Montreal Canadiens to all of their fans to only release this now.

Dobber Sports Padawan

That's one hell of a sprain. I get that he is a goalie so it's important to take your time but 4+ months....

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    That's one hell of a sprain. I get that he is a goalie so it's important to take your time but 4+ months....
    I once had a brutal ankle sprain that took me out of sports for an entire year. Of course, I'm not a professional athlete, and I don't have unlimited resources, but still, sprains can be very bad.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Insane and disrespectful by the Montreal Canadiens to all of their fans to only release this now.
    I agree fully! Most fans knew this was a marketing ploy and didn't really expect him back considering the team was out of the playoff picture for some time, but nonetheless, I'm pretty confident this information was known by management and not shared earlier. Instead a glimpse of hope was shared since they kept considering him WTW and not shut out for good.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Stud

Sprains, at times, can be worse than the breaking of a bone as the ligament comes back weaker than before after a nasty sprain, where bones will often heal to an even stronger version of themselves.

Shame he didn't get back for a couple weeks in order to get some game time in before World Cup.. maybe the WC is in the cards..?
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Titan

I think for this very reason the league should get rid of UBI and LBI injury reports. Should be disclosed to a certain degree of location, or what happened.
    -It’s his knee
    Or
    -it’s a sprain

This stupid UBI and LBI is ridiculous. Someone said a player was out with a UBI when they were knocked out cold by a hit once, then could barely stand. Like why not just say concussion! Stupid Pat Quinn for inventing this BS slang.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll