Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Couple of DL guys you should watch off the top of my head

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Couple of DL guys you should watch off the top of my head

DL guys you should consider if you have an open spot, and dropping/adding someone soon anyways:

Wheeler – He’s just another Mets SP that should be a top 3 min in any other rotation. He had TJS and will be back mid-season. As of right now it’s hard to tell what he’d be like coming back, but in 10 –ish starts (Mets will likely go 6 starters, or move Colon to the BP) he could be a solid late season push player in Fantasy Baseball.

Devon Travis – His recovery will be longer than what ppl will hope for is my guess. He hasn’t even swung a bat with 2 hands yet, and likely won’t until May. Then an AAA conditioning stint will likely be long. He hasn’t played since like what, June /July last yr? But once he’s back, he’ll go lead-off on the strongest offense in the league, unless Pillar runs away with it. But I see Pillar as No9 hitter once Travis is in full swing.

Lance McCullers – Likely drafted, but he’s DL worthy and will be back late April.

Estrada – SP, RP eligible in Yahoo, O-Rank 220s I think, he’s likely available in the majority of leagues (but Blue Jays fans may have stolen him with a late round pick). Blue Jays starters right now are going 4 SPs because of Thursday’s day off. So Stroman is getting Friday’s game, and Estrada getting a day off. He’s DL’d right now, and will likely play Tuesday vs the Yankees in Toronto.

Brett Anderson – He’s 60 Day DL, and won’t be back till the 2nd half after surgery to repair a bulging disk in his back, but with a good season last yr, he could be a nice FA guy for ppl in June-ish. His 2015 was 10-9, 1.33WHIP, 3.69ERA, 180IP, 116ks (5.8ks/9)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Couple of DL guys you should watch off the top of my head

Thanks OG!!

Would you drop any of these guys for Anderson, Wheeler or Travis (he's on waivers in my league until tomorrow but should not be picked up via waiver so I can grab him early tomorrow) and risk losing them after slotting one or more of these guys on the DL (3 DL spots, none used ATM):
    J. Teherán
    J. Nicasio
    J. Hellickson

i.e. I drop one of my guys and pick up Anderson , put him on DL, pick up Wheeler, put him on DL, pick up Travis tomorrow, put him on DL and wait for my drop to clear?

Thanks in advance!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

I would def do that idea, maybe not for Anderson, but it’s a free add if you don’t have a season add limit. Anderson would 100% be my first drop off DL if you need the slot.

Nicasio starts soon (I think tmo?) so if he has a good game ppl would pick him up before he clears waivers. Teheran has the name weight, and I’ve never honestly heard of Hellickson. Reading his Fangraphs page the Quick Opinion says he’s more of an NL-Only league relevant player right now. So he’d be my drop out of the 3. And the projections for his ERA, and what not aren’t amazing anyways.

Dobber Sports Giant

Thanks OG! Will REP you as soon as I can!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Nice list except for most of them are taken in the leagues I play in except for Wheeler being available in a couple but that can be a late season gamble.

Dobber Sports Deity

They are all available in my 1 year , 10 team league. I'll have to keep an eye out for them. Thanks.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Drafted McCullers in one and then Travis and Wheeler with last two picks in another. Great advice here.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    They are all available in my 1 year , 10 team league. I'll have to keep an eye out for them. Thanks.
    100% pick up Lance McCullers if he’s available. He’s only out until later this month.

In keeper leagues, and you don’t have a full set of keepers, or you know you’re not going to play for the championship, Pollock is an obvious trade target. In a 1yr, I’m not even holding on to him, unless I have the DL space.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    100% pick up Lance McCullers if he’s available. He’s only out until later this month.

In keeper leagues, and you don’t have a full set of keepers, or you know you’re not going to play for the championship, Pollock is an obvious trade target. In a 1yr, I’m not even holding on to him, unless I have the DL space.
    In a 5X5 league where pitchers get points for W, Svs, K, ERA, WHIP, who would you drop between Garrett Richards, Iwakuma or Samardzija to pick him up? Those are what I would consider as my three weakest pitchers. I also could drop a batter but the only one I would consider is Christian Yelich. Keep in mine, we do not have an IR option in this league.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    In a 5X5 league where pitchers get points for W, Svs, K, ERA, WHIP, who would you drop between Garrett Richards, Iwakuma or Samardzija to pick him up? Those are what I would consider as my three weakest pitchers. I also could drop a batter but the only one I would consider is Christian Yelich. Keep in mine, we do not have an IR option in this league.
    NVM lol. Too early to give up on any of those pitchers. Keep an eye on him tho. My guess with McCullers is about 25GS, 160IP, 9k/9 (160k), 10W, 3.3-3.7ERA, 1.25WHIP. However, some think he’ll go more like 170ip-180ip, which changes a lot.

In his 4th game last yr he went the distance and had 11ks. Not going to happen every night, but if the Manager was willing to take the training wheels off that soon, I can see him being a top 30 pitcher moving forward. So 3rd pitcher on your team, and a potential highly sought after keeper pitcher.

But out of the 3, Iwakuma is the guy I’m not a fan off. Samardjza in SF should be good.

Dobber Sports Titan

I’m adding Homer Bailey to this list.

1st rehab start in the minors he threw:
    3.2IP, 3hits, 2BB, 6ks, 67pitches. Was consistently hitting 93-94mph, touched 96mph a few times. Still has 4 more rehab starts putting him returning around a month away if everything goes well, but could be pushed back as far back as September.

20% strikeout rate, with a 6% walk rate…and an elite splitter with a 26% swing strike rate is nuts.

But at 30yrs old, coming off TJS in May of 2015…who knows how he does.

Dobber Sports Titan

I’m adding Homer Bailey to this list.

1st rehab start in the minors he threw:
    3.2IP, 3hits, 2BB, 6ks, 67pitches. Was consistently hitting 93-94mph, touched 96mph a few times. Still has 4 more rehab starts putting him returning around a month away if everything goes well, but could be pushed back as far back as September.

20% strikeout rate, with a 6% walk rate…and an elite splitter with a 26% swing strike rate is nuts.

But at 30yrs old, coming off TJS in May of 2015…who knows how he does.
    He was definitely not on my radar, so that's a big help as another option to be watching, thanks!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    He was definitely not on my radar, so that's a big help as another option to be watching, thanks!
    No prob. I forgot he even existed.

Dobber Sports Titan

No prob. I forgot he even existed.
    Same here. I think it was MLB 08 I used to play where he had one of the highest potentials in the game and would just rocket up in terms of rating. I guess injuries really derailed him. Last I remember hearing of him was when he was at the bottom of the Cincy rotation a couple years ago, and not doing much more than you would expect out of a 4-5 SP.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    2013 was his breakout. 2014 he missed time with a bulging disk in his neck, and then surgery on his throwing elbow. He lost his ability to find the zone, and his improved SO slipped away from him. He had a terrible April, but was ok outside of that. Speed has never dropped; his slider was just as good after his 2014 surgery. But after 2 starts in 2015, he needed TJS.

He can still be that guy who would be a No2 in a good rotation, but maybe this yr is too early for that. His K rate should help if he continues to find the zone like he did in his 1st rehab start. Once I get a free DL spot (McCullers and Darvish are using it), I’m picking up Bailey.