Thread: Kap to the Broncos -- close, but no cigar yet

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Kap to the Broncos -- close, but no cigar yet

Broncos have a deal in place for Kapernick at the moment, who has met with Elway twice this offseason so far. The downside is that the Broncos want the 49ers to cover $5M of Kap's salary. As the article suggests, cant see the 49ers even considering this but will be interesting to watch unfold.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...F:topheadlines

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Kap to the Broncos -- close, but no cigar yet

Being a Niners fan, I've been watching this myself.

Personally, if the Niners have to eat $5M of his salary, they may as well keep him. Thats damn near half of his salary for this year.

I'd love to get that 2nd round pick (even though its a late 2nd) from the Broncos but I just dont think it's worth eating that much cap.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

They don’t have the pieces to throw a rookie QB into the fire too. Better to hold onto him and see if Chip can play with him.

Next yr is the yr to see if you can get rid of him.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

The guy I'd really like to see the Broncos pursue is AJ McCarron...maybe they've already pursued and told to go pleasure themselves. This is a QB I would be putting a full arsenal for. I could understand the Bengals wanting to hold him, but if you're going to trade for a young QB, he'd be #1 on my list.

As I said, I think the niners would be dumb to eat some of Kap's salary here, so him to the Broncos is probably pretty mute. But there has been no action in the NFL lately and I need something to talk about.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiMoro/st...14920349933569

#49ers to keep Colin Kaepernick as #Broncos deal is considered "dead"

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

He posted that at 3:21, so he pretty well got that info from me #crediblesource.

Haha, joking aside, I don't think anybody can be surprsed about that after details of the Broncos' proposal in the trade surfaced. Hey Denver, life aint so bad, Pickmagic is still available!

Dobber Sports Deity

As a Niners fan, I am good with the decision. That was just too much cap to eat and the return just wasn't good enough because of that fact.

Who knows, maybe Chip Kelly can figure out Kaepernick and get him back playing well again. I am dubious of it but continually hopeful.

I'm worried about Kaeper's potential no matter where he ends up. The Niners did everything they could to strip down that offense for him last year between designed plays, schemed receivers, throw to player-X etc...and he still wasn't seeing the field. Maybe his confidence was just shattered at that point. Who knows. But you can have all the athletic ability in the world, but if you lose your field-vision forget it...

I would have to assume the Broncos have performed their due diligence. Still, I can't help but wonder how this all turns out for him.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    He posted that at 3:21, so he pretty well got that info from me #crediblesource.

Haha, joking aside, I don't think anybody can be surprsed about that after details of the Broncos' proposal in the trade surfaced. Hey Denver, life aint so bad, Pickmagic is still available!
    I've always seen lots of hate thrown around, and never really understood. It might just be an indication of the QB position state, but Fitz is probably a top 20 QB in the league right now.

Like Palmer, Flacco, Cam, Dalton, Rodgers, Luck, Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Eli, Wilson are all better than him for sure. So that's 12. Carr, Bortles, Jameis, and Mariota are probably better, but it's debatable. They will be better soon. I'd throw Fitz in the Stafford, Ryan, Tannehill, Cousins, TyGod, Cutlet group. I'd easily take Fitz over, say, Osweiler.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I think Fitzpatrick is a warrior and would be a nice fit..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I've always seen lots of hate thrown around, and never really understood. It might just be an indication of the QB position state, but Fitz is probably a top 20 QB in the league right now.

Like Palmer, Flacco, Cam, Dalton, Rodgers, Luck, Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Eli, Wilson are all better than him for sure. So that's 12. Carr, Bortles, Jameis, and Mariota are probably better, but it's debatable. They will be better soon. I'd throw Fitz in the Stafford, Ryan, Tannehill, Cousins, TyGod, Cutlet group. I'd easily take Fitz over, say, Osweiler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I think Fitzpatrick is a warrior and would be a nice fit..
    Fitz is great....for 3/4 of a season...but when it comes to crunch time he can't get his team over the hump. Prime example was last year with the Jets, Fitz threw 3 picks in the 4th quarter of a must win game against Buffalo. The Jets had that game in the bag, and he threw it away, literally. I can't count how many times he threw games away for the Bills during his 4 years there.

I watched him play for Buffalo for years and it was the same thing game in game out. Push down the field, pick. Next drive, repeat. He's a dink and dive quarterback who needs a strong run game to hide his arm and lack of accuracy. He may have put up 31 TDs, but his completion % was bottom of the league, near the top in most INTs, and near the bottom in yards/attempt and middle of the pack in yards per completion. What I'm trying to find is what were his WRs/TEs/RBs yards after catch average as well as his breakdown of where his touchdowns actually came from. There really is not anything special in the numbers, or the actual game of Pickmagic.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Fitz is great....for 3/4 of a season...but when it comes to crunch time he can't get his team over the hump. Prime example was last year with the Jets, Fitz threw 3 picks in the 4th quarter of a must win game against Buffalo. The Jets had that game in the bag, and he threw it away, literally. I can't count how many times he threw games away for the Bills during his 4 years there.

I watched him play for Buffalo for years and it was the same thing game in game out. Push down the field, pick. Next drive, repeat. He's a dink and dive quarterback who needs a strong run game to hide his arm and lack of accuracy. He may have put up 31 TDs, but his completion % was bottom of the league, near the top in most INTs, and near the bottom in yards/attempt and middle of the pack in yards per completion. What I'm trying to find is what were his WRs/TEs/RBs yards after catch average as well as his breakdown of where his touchdowns actually came from. There really is not anything special in the numbers, or the actual game of Pickmagic.
    You're describing half the QBs in the league. At least Fitz can do it for 3/4s of the season.