Thread: Schneider, Talbot or both

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Schneider, Talbot or both

In a dogfight for the championship. I can't get the W, SV% or GAA cats. The kicker is our league counts L as a cat and we're tied so a loss by either goalie tonight flips that category plus I need 1 start to reach my minimum. So with all that would you start Schneider in his first game back against Tampa or Cam against Calgary to get a W. I guess a SO would be an added bonus

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Schneider, Talbot or both

So with the SO category being a complete crapshoot, you only want the one start to meet the minimum, and to not lose the L category. In that case it's tough to put in Schneider in his first game back against Tbay. I think if you have to bet on one, it would be Talbot.
    Do you have any other options for games tomorrow? (In case it gets to 9:30 and then Edmonton releases that Brossoit is starting instead)
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Unfortunately I do not because I had to use all my moves this week due to injuries. I was leaning towards Talbot so I'm hoping to find out if he's starting before the New Jersey/Tampa game begins.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by marsid6687 View Post
    Unfortunately I do not because I had to use all my moves this week due to injuries. I was leaning towards Talbot so I'm hoping to find out if he's starting before the New Jersey/Tampa game begins.
    That's probably what I would do then. I think Talbot is the slightly preferred option in this situation, but you can't risk losing everything by not getting your minimum one start. If you have to pick up Schneider, then go get him. He's been great all season.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Padawan

Talbot starting tonight, according to Oilers Twitter. You know what to do.

https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/s...05154966835201
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks guys! Rep given to both of you. Now with the way this week's going for my team, let's hope Talbot doesn't come down with something before the game starts like Rakell did this week.

Dobber Sports Titan

Best of luck to you and Talbot for tonight!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)