Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Stone injured

Banned

Default Stone injured

Chest injury. Will not play tomorrow. There goes 70 points

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Stone injured

Wasn't going to hit 70 anyways, but at least now there's another excuse for why. That's what happens when you stare down at the ice and reach for the puck. Byfuglien is an absolute monster. Kudos to Stone for even being able to stand up after that. Wow.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just a thunderous body check by Byfuglien. Old school, shade of Scott Stevens, although Stone wasn't cutting across the middle at the blue line with his head down.

Stone is going to be one big bruise tomorrow. The Sens should have gone with "general body soreness". I hope he doesn't have a concussion.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

I was watching the game after I got home from hockey myself and saw the hit. Man that was some hit and it was a nice clean hit too. I am glad he didn't get a concussion on the play.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    Wasn't going to hit 70 anyways, but at least now there's another excuse for why. That's what happens when you stare down at the ice and reach for the puck. Byfuglien is an absolute monster. Kudos to Stone for even being able to stand up after that. Wow.
    welk yeah it's an excuse why because my prediction was an 82 points hits prediction

Dobber Sports Titan

He smashed his head off the ice so hard. Instant to the locker room, but he came back out after missing like 3 shifts. How can you determine someone’s health after something like that so quickly?

But ya, such a stupid play. He never checks his path to the puck. Loses it, head down reaching for it, Buff on the ice. You bet your butts hitting the ice soon.

Clean hit, but I hate how every hit now that’s big needs someone sticking up for his teammate. It’s so annoying. But it’s nice to see players sticking up for each other, but that’s a clean hit. Don’t do it on clean hits.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    welk yeah it's an excuse why because my prediction was an 82 points hits prediction
    Ev - go back and read your thread - nowhere was it premised that he had to play 82 games. When you predict someone is going to hit 70 points, then you're saying with it that said player will be able to withstand the rigors of the season.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I definitely have respect for this kid for getting up and coming back and trying to play after Byfuglien trucked him..

That was the hit of the year hands down..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

https://streamable.com/ib2d

lol ****ing owned.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeez.
    A few years ago my neighbours kid was showing off how fast she could run and ran straight into the side of a parked van.
    So... yeah, like that but probably worse. Ouchies.

Dobber Sports Titan

The announcers were saying he ran into a tree without looking once, but this hit was worse because this time the tree loaded up then hit you.

Dobber Sports Titan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    He smashed his head off the ice so hard. Instant to the locker room, but he came back out after missing like 3 shifts. How can you determine someone’s health after something like that so quickly?

But ya, such a stupid play. He never checks his path to the puck. Loses it, head down reaching for it, Buff on the ice. You bet your butts hitting the ice soon.

Clean hit, but I hate how every hit now that’s big needs someone sticking up for his teammate. It’s so annoying. But it’s nice to see players sticking up for each other, but that’s a clean hit. Don’t do it on clean hits.
    No he didn't. He doesn't have a concussion or a head injury.

Also not the cleanest of hits because it's clear interference. Should be a 2 minute penalty (not sure if it was - I did not watch the game).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Ev - go back and read your thread - nowhere was it premised that he had to play 82 games. When you predict someone is going to hit 70 points, then you're saying with it that said player will be able to withstand the rigors of the season.
    Regardless you were still wrong about Stone and you have yet to eat your words.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    No he didn't. He doesn't have a concussion or a head injury.

Also not the cleanest of hits because it's clear interference. Should be a 2 minute penalty (not sure if it was - I did not watch the game).

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless you were still wrong about Stone and you have yet to eat your words.
    His stick was touching the puck. No way it’s interference.

And my comment on his head hitting the ice was based off the camera view from yesterday’s game (I was watching it) from down the boards. It looked like the back of his head smashed off the ice. It was the view where you would see it through Buffs legs. The Gif I posted doesn’t show it (or Buffs legs hiding it).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    His stick was touching the puck. No way it’s interference.

And my comment on his head hitting the ice was based off the camera view from yesterday’s game (I was watching it) from down the boards. It looked like the back of his head smashed off the ice. It was the view where you would see it through Buffs legs. The Gif I posted doesn’t show it (or Buffs legs hiding it).
    The puck was past both of them when he was hit. Like I said I don't really care, I just thought 2 minutes would be necessary. It's not really necessary hit to go out of your way like that as a dman.