Thread: My Draft Happy

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default My Draft Happy

Just had our draft for Year 2 of a Yahoo Keep 10 Roto League (in sig). Coming into the draft I felt like I had a solid base of keepers with (Trout, Harper, Donaldson, Correa, Sano, Heyward, Hosmer, Sale, Fernandez, Cole) I was focused on winning this year and wanted to build some speed around what I felt was a strong power base aided by getting 1st overall pick in the inaugural season.

We expanded this year to add five additional bench slots as well as a 5 man farm system done thru a separate draft.

I made a lot of trades last year for players and in the off season offloaded many of these players for pick upgrades so I had the majority of my picks in the top 10 rounds with only 5 after to represent the newly added 5 bench slots.

Here is how draft went:
    1. (6) Cole Hamels (Tex - SP)
    2. (14) Ken Giles (Hou - RP)
    3. (15) Jeff Samardzija (SF - SP)
    4. (38) David Robertson (CWS - RP)
    5. (48) Kevin Pillar (Tor - OF)
    6. (56) Matt Duffy (SF - 2B,3B)
    7. (58) Dellin Betances (NYY - RP)
    8. (63) Ender Inciarte (Atl - OF)
    9. (80) Matt Wieters (Bal - C)
    10. (82) Tony Watson (Pit - RP)
    11. (83) Mike Fiers (Hou - SP)
    12. (96) César Hernández (Phi - 2B,3B,SS)
    13. (98) Denard Span (SF - OF)
    14. (105) Trevor Bauer (Cle - SP)
    15. (178) Trea Turner (Was - 2B)
    16. (183) J.T. Realmuto (Mia - C)
    17. (202) Brad Miller (TB - 2B,SS,OF)
    18. (207) Kevin Gausman (Bal - SP,RP)
    19. (226) Tyler Glasnow (Pit - SP)
    20. (231) Jonathan Villar (Mil - 3B,SS)

I felt good about team but immediately after draft I was sent an offer that was tough but I thought would help me this year so I traded
    Glasnow Fiers and Betances for Cueto Wilson and Finnegan

The change to add Cueto to my rotation was to much to resist as Glasnow was only going to pitch half a year at most and would not be able to be kept on farm or on roster after season. Losing betances stung but I thought my relief was strong enough to stand it. Getting Wilson back helped with our newly added Holds category, replacing complete games, as well

We then had the prospect draft where I selected Stephenson, Sam Travis, Gouirrel Jr, Margot, and Peraza. Peraza and Turner were switched after final roster cuts.

Then we had free agency open and in day one I felt I still wanted some more power and depth so I dropped Gausman (injury concern), Brad Miller (Hernandez is duplicate with more speed) and added Colome (closer this year I hope) and Pedro Alvarez (30 homer potential)

I ended up with the team in Sig after the first week and am feeling good about my chances for this year. I finished third last year largely because of lack of speed, average, and pitching depth and I feel like I have rectified those areas of weakness.

Open to opinions or guys I miss or over ranked as always rep provided.
    12 Team Roto Keeper
    G A +/- SOG PPP FOW HITS BLKS PIM
    W GA GAA SV SA SV% SHO
    10 Keepers
    F- Kopitar Kesler Thornton Benn Draisital Pacioretty Kuznetsov Backes D.Sedin Ryan Burakovsky
    D- Subban Faulk Byfuglien DeHann Martinez Trouba
    G- Halak Dubnyk Talbot
    BN- Bjugstad Dubinsky Ryan Gudas Tanev Hanzal Marleau

12 Team H2H
    B- H/AB R H HR RBI SB K TB AVG OBP
    P - IP W HLD SV K ERA WHIP K/9

B: Hosmer Donaldson Correa Trout Harper Heyward Sano Weiters Duffy Pillar Incarte Hernandez Realmuto Peraza Alvarez Span
    P: Cole Sale Fernandez Cueto Hamels Robertson Giles Wilson Colome Watson Samardzija Bauer Knebel
    F: Turner Travis Margot Stephenson Gouirrel Jr

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: My Draft Happy

I don’t know how you could lose with those keepers. Then you added Hamels and Cueto. Well done. Barring injury this is the team to beat in your league. Cole, Sale, Fern, Cueto, Hamels. Seriously how do you lose any of the SP cats with them? IP, W, K, ERA, WHIP should all be yours.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I don’t know how you could lose with those keepers. Then you added Hamels and Cueto. Well done. Barring injury this is the team to beat in your league. Cole, Sale, Fern, Cueto, Hamels. Seriously how do you lose any of the SP cats with them? IP, W, K, ERA, WHIP should all be yours.
    Could not agree more there. The only question I have is whether Dingy should be happier with the stacked batters or starting pitching. Trout, Harper, Donaldson and Correa? People would gives their arms for those kind of keepers.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Ya I am pretty happy with the squad. The keepers were really born of good luck more then anything. I got randomly selected for first overall last year. I picked Trout first, and for some reason people passed over Harper right down to 24th overall after his sub par year two years ago but I was thrilled to get him and then Donaldson on the turn. Correa was a first day FA pick up and stash on NA the whole year. Keepers would have been even better as I did the same stash with Gallo and Schwarber but when I had to make a choice due to roster constraints I dropped Schwarber and kept Gallo, still kicking myself for that.
    12 Team Roto Keeper
    G A +/- SOG PPP FOW HITS BLKS PIM
    W GA GAA SV SA SV% SHO
    10 Keepers
    F- Kopitar Kesler Thornton Benn Draisital Pacioretty Kuznetsov Backes D.Sedin Ryan Burakovsky
    D- Subban Faulk Byfuglien DeHann Martinez Trouba
    G- Halak Dubnyk Talbot
    BN- Bjugstad Dubinsky Ryan Gudas Tanev Hanzal Marleau

12 Team H2H
    B- H/AB R H HR RBI SB K TB AVG OBP
    P - IP W HLD SV K ERA WHIP K/9

B: Hosmer Donaldson Correa Trout Harper Heyward Sano Weiters Duffy Pillar Incarte Hernandez Realmuto Peraza Alvarez Span
    P: Cole Sale Fernandez Cueto Hamels Robertson Giles Wilson Colome Watson Samardzija Bauer Knebel
    F: Turner Travis Margot Stephenson Gouirrel Jr