Thread: ANA can't alternate till the end, can they?? who gets the final few starts?

Dobber Sports Star

Default ANA can't alternate till the end, can they?? who gets the final few starts?

Debating an offer for Andersen but it only helps me if he is getting the nod down the stretch. I haven't followed the saga lately, has there been any indication of who will be the guy down the stretch?

Andy started last game and Gibby is starting tonight, so clear as mud from the outside. Hoping some more knowledgeable folks will help me out on this one.

Thanks!
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Administrator

Default Re: ANA can't alternate till the end, can they?? who gets the final few starts?

The only indication is there is no indication.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: ANA can't alternate till the end, can they?? who gets the final few starts?

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Debating an offer for Andersen but it only helps me if he is getting the nod down the stretch. I haven't followed the saga lately, has there been any indication of who will be the guy down the stretch?

Andy started last game and Gibby is starting tonight, so clear as mud from the outside. Hoping some more knowledgeable folks will help me out on this one.

Thanks!
    The situation definitely blows for owners of Anaheim goalies. I am benching Gibson this week in lieu of Smith in my h2h points league simply because of the murky picture. When a save is worth 0.2 points, the guy who plays for sure is getting the call for me.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Monster

There's absolutely no way of knowing who gets the next start. Andersen got a shutout, Gibson got the next start. Andersen allows 6, Andersen gets the next start. I would say the only consistent pattern is it seems they aren't getting more than 2 starts each in a row right now. I believe BB has a pre-determined schedule he's going with at the moment, so guessing based on performance probably won't do you much good.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

I...am your father.

I'm starting to get the impression that Boudreau wants to keep the pattern. Even in the playoffs they play every other game. Mentally if they expect that and accept that, then they should be okay. I'm sure he's talked to them about it and they're all on the same page.

If this works and the Ducks win the Cup, you'll see a lot of teams copy the blue print
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I'm starting to get the impression that Boudreau wants to keep the pattern. Even in the playoffs they play every other game. Mentally if they expect that and accept that, then they should be okay. I'm sure he's talked to them about it and they're all on the same page.

If this works and the Ducks win the Cup, you'll see a lot of teams copy the blue print
    This has never worked for any team ever in the playoffs, and I don't see it working for the Ducks either if Boudreau is foolish enough to continue with this style of goalie management. You need to select and ride a #1 goalie to win the cup.....sitting on the fence and going back and forth in the playoffs is foolish and will get nowhere IMO.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Prodigy

BB has stated that he is going every two starts for the time being. That was altered a bit when Gibson got sick and Andersen dropped a shutout. BB gave Gibson his 2 starts after that and then Andersen got 2. Gibson is a lock for tonight. After that? It should be Andersen's turn but another strong game by Gibson may cause BB to ride him for a while. I sure could use an additional Gibson start but I am only counting on tonight.
    CCRWRWLWLWFWDDDDUGG (4 bench; 2 IR)

Yahoo Head 2 Head; 2 Keepers
    (G),(A), (+/-), (PIM),(PPP),(SHP),(GWG),(SOG), (FW), (W), (GAA), (SV%), (SHO)

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by jatz View Post
    BB has stated that he is going every two starts for the time being. That was altered a bit when Gibson got sick and Andersen dropped a shutout. BB gave Gibson his 2 starts after that and then Andersen got 2. Gibson is a lock for tonight. After that? It should be Andersen's turn but another strong game by Gibson may cause BB to ride him for a while. I sure could use an additional Gibson start but I am only counting on tonight.
    I echo this and Dobber's comment. BB has been on record on the radio (as recently as last week) indicating he's fine with a platoon situation even heading into the playoffs.. I wouldn't expect much to change there.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    This has never worked for any team ever in the playoffs, and I don't see it working for the Ducks either if Boudreau is foolish enough to continue with this style of goalie management. You need to select and ride a #1 goalie to win the cup.....sitting on the fence and going back and forth in the playoffs is foolish and will get nowhere IMO.
    Why can't it work? Just because it hasn't in recent memory?

When has a team been able to alternate between 2 goalies as good as Andersen and Gibson? Teams ride their #1 because usually their #1 is significantly better than their #2, not because it's the only feasible way to win.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    This is so true.. The NHL is a huge copy cat league..

I don't see why it couldn't work.. Each guy wants to be better then the other..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Gibson left tonight's game early when Lindholm slid into him. That's the problem with Gibson sadly; great talent but oh so injury prone. That's why I really can't see Anaheim trading Andersen and leaving themselves with a question mark in goal.
    12 Team Roto., 30 Player (20 Keeper) Yahoo Dynasty

G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLK -- W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

4 - C/LW/RW
    6 - D
    3 - Util
    3 - G

C - Crosby, McDavid, O'Reilly, Couturier
    LW - Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Bennett, Fiala
    RW - Pastrnak, Kucherov, Caufield, Mangiapane
    Util - Lowry, Backstrom, McCann, Barzal, Pageau, E. Kane, Mercer, M. Foligno
    D - Dahlin, Karlsson, Hamilton, Dumba, Pulock, Dobson, Faulk, Romanov

G - Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Bernier

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Schneider View Post
    Gibson left tonight's game early when Lindholm slid into him.
    DAMN HAMPUS!!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Schneider View Post
    Gibson left tonight's game early when Lindholm slid into him. That's the problem with Gibson sadly; great talent but oh so injury prone. That's why I really can't see Anaheim trading Andersen and leaving themselves with a question mark in goal.
    Apparently he left as a precaution (perhaps even concussion protocol). He was put back in either bc he was fine or bc Andersen was playing poorly, IDK.
    CCRWRWLWLWFWDDDDUGG (4 bench; 2 IR)

Yahoo Head 2 Head; 2 Keepers
    (G),(A), (+/-), (PIM),(PPP),(SHP),(GWG),(SOG), (FW), (W), (GAA), (SV%), (SHO)