Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Dobber - Ask Your Questions Now! - Easter Edition

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Dobber - Ask Your Questions Now! - Easter Edition

Heyooo!

Not sure if the window has closed already for the questions but I would like to ask one and also take the opportunity to thank Dobber for doing this in the first place.

So, I'm in the semi's and looking to drop a goalie (Rask, can only start 2 and only points for W) for a skater. In a heavily depleted FA pool, who do you prefer of these?

Team in sig, settings is Goals, Assists and +/-.

Josh Bailey (EV with JT & PP2 but doesn't produce too much + NYI awesome schedule in the last week)
    Elias Lindholm (solid producer but the +/- is a drawback)
    Frank Vatrano (spooner & loui + some PP, might be sneaky add)
    Hudson Fasching (potentially playing with E. Kane and ROR)
    Mattias Janmark (no PP but EV on L2)
    Milan Michalek (because TOT schedule)
    Zach Hyman
    Jason Zucker
    Oliver Bjorkstrand
    Vincent Lecavalier
    Jonathan Marchessault

Thanks once again!

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by pahlsson26 View Post
    It's a good thing I read ramblings in the morning, because I have a few questions .

1) What do you think about two Ducks defensemen, Brandon Montour and Jacob Larsson, in Dynasty leagues? Both will probably have to wait until 2017-18 to get a real shot, but I'm more interested in 3Y and long-term. If Vatanen is moved this summer and Despres/Manson is lost in expansion draft, how much does that affect them? Also, how does Larsson compare fantasy-wise to Top-20 pick in 2016 NHL Draft?

2) What do you think about Drouin next year? Will he stay in Tampa or will he get traded? If there's an expansion draft, it probably forces Yzerman's hand a little, but on the other hand they will have a lot of RFAs and UFAs to sign this summer and next. Also, what can we expect out of him point-wise in the short-term (i.e. if he finally gets a shot in the top six in 2016-17)?

3) Do you think Klefbom will be the go-to guy on the Oilers defense over Sekera next year? Should we treat him as a future #2 guy when Nurse takes over or will he slip a little further down the depth chart?

4) Assuming Ladd gets a 6M contract somewhere and plays in the top six, is it realistic to expect 60 points from him in the next couple years? How about Loui Eriksson and David Backes?
    1) Two great prospect defensemen with high offensive upside. You are correct in the wait time. And with Theodore already there, they'll have to earn their opportunities at the NHL level. Larsson is more of a certainty while Montour has higher upside (high 50s vs. Larsson's mid-to-low 50s). Larsson is easily a Top 20 fantasy own versus this year's draft class, probably Top 10

2) I think they trade him. With TBL I say he gets 45 points. On another team I say 55.

3) No, Klefbom will be a rock on defense and a steady two-way guy, but probably not a No.2 for offense. Maybe at best like what Seabrook does, a little less than that. Goligoski-type (high 30s)?

4) Ladd is fairly safe for 60 wherever he goes. Eriksson look for a step back (5-10 points). Backes I would treat as equal to what he always does, but wherever he goes it will be hyped and his value will inflate.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Padawan

[QUOTE=Dobber;1600392]I would not trust this. But what are your other options? Right now Murray won't do much, I think they ride Fleury all the way. So you have Elliott starting 6 of 9 or whatever...or do you even own him still? I don't see him in your sig. Bob should be safe to keep the GA down to three or less each game, and should win one out of every two going forward

- - - Updated - - -

Dobber - thanks
    No, I do not have Elliott anymore - had to cut him when he got hurt (he was in for price and we can't stack injury replacements so in order to keep Price had to cut Bob)
    No other options since Murray isn't hurt the only replacement can come from waiver wire.
    So it's either sit on Murray and play one goalie or grab Bob and hope for a couple of good starts out of him.
    GAA and SV% is really close in our league... 4 goals against and I'll lose pts in the standings
    Last edited by Loki; March 28, 2016 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Typo
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Thanks for doing this, Dobber.

One question - when are you going to make your MLB pool pick?
    Done. I had been waiting for cullitons, didn't know he finally went!

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by nikitanikitin View Post
    Heyooo!

Not sure if the window has closed already for the questions but I would like to ask one and also take the opportunity to thank Dobber for doing this in the first place.

So, I'm in the semi's and looking to drop a goalie (Rask, can only start 2 and only points for W) for a skater. In a heavily depleted FA pool, who do you prefer of these?

Team in sig, settings is Goals, Assists and +/-.

Josh Bailey (EV with JT & PP2 but doesn't produce too much + NYI awesome schedule in the last week)
    Elias Lindholm (solid producer but the +/- is a drawback)
    Frank Vatrano (spooner & loui + some PP, might be sneaky add)
    Hudson Fasching (potentially playing with E. Kane and ROR)
    Mattias Janmark (no PP but EV on L2)
    Milan Michalek (because TOT schedule)
    Zach Hyman
    Jason Zucker
    Oliver Bjorkstrand
    Vincent Lecavalier
    Jonathan Marchessault

Thanks once again!
    I say Bailey because he's reasonably hot (though pointless last game). He tends to get his points in bunches and he also tends to finish every season strongly.

Banned

Do you think guys that win their fantasy hockey leagues this year should pay their entry fee on time next year?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Laine and Puljujarvi.....In a position to grab both at 2 and 3 overall for league in sig (10 team, keep 10). Will they be in the NHL full time next year? Do you prefer one over the other? What do you feel is their upside?

Thanks Dobber.
    10 Team, weekly H2H one-win league. Keep 15, any position. 26 man roster.

Skaters: G, A, PPP, SHG, GWG,+/-, Shots, Hits.
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SO.

Start: 4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 2G.

C: McDavid, Mackinnon, Lindholm
    LW:
    A. Svechnikov, Stamkos, Forsberg, Stutzle
    RW: Kempe
    D: Dahlin, Ekblad, Seider, Bouchard,
    ​Sergachev/Chychrun

G: Shesterkin, Sorokin

Banned

Keeper league, talbot or halak?

I...am your father.

[QUOTE=Loki;1600423]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I would not trust this. But what are your other options? Right now Murray won't do much, I think they ride Fleury all the way. So you have Elliott starting 6 of 9 or whatever...or do you even own him still? I don't see him in your sig. Bob should be safe to keep the GA down to three or less each game, and should win one out of every two going forward

- - - Updated - - -

Dobber - thanks
    No, I do not have Elliott anymore - had to cut him when he got hurt (he was in for price and we can't stack injury replacements so in order to keep Price had to cut Bob)
    No other options since Murray isn't hurt the only replacement can come from waiver wire.
    So it's either sit on Murray and play one goalie or grab Bob and hope for a couple of good starts out of him.
    GAA and SV% is really close in our league... 4 goals against and I'll lose pts in the standings
    If giving up four goals in two games costs you points, then there isn't a goalie on the planet I would recommend you dress for the week

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott AllStarMVP View Post
    Do you think guys that win their fantasy hockey leagues this year should pay their entry fee on time next year?
    I don't think anyone should be allowed to play if they haven't paid before the draft. But if you're close buddies and trust that they'll pay, I can see pushing it to November. If it's a keeper league set a penalty of $5 per day late, next time they win money (be it 2016 or 2026). I'm very strict about this - too many arguments over this stuff so these rules need to be crystal clear (and rigid) from the outset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mcmcpher2 View Post
    Laine and Puljujarvi.....In a position to grab both at 2 and 3 overall for league in sig (10 team, keep 10). Will they be in the NHL full time next year? Do you prefer one over the other? What do you feel is their upside?

Thanks Dobber.
    I think they both eventually get into the low 70s, assuming NHL scoring bounces back a bit. And I am sure one of the will be in the NHL next year. I prefer Laine

- - - Updated - - -

Keeper league, talbot or halak?
    Talbot for sure

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

In my signature I have 14 players in bold who I'm thinking of keeping, Help me select my last keeper or if I shouldn't keep one of those guys for another guy. The league categories are in the signature as well.
    Keeper league. 13 teams, Start 9F, 4D and 2G plus 10 BN keep 15. Max 4 goalies on team
    Scoring cats:Goal (25), Assist (25), PPP (10), SHG (20) +/- (10), PIM (3) SOG (2) GWG (20) Win (50), GA (-15) SV (2) SO (50)
    Forwards: Point, Jarvis, Beniers, Thomas, Guenther, Raymond, Caufield, Boldy, Schmaltz, Krebs, Tolvanen, Newhook, N. Robertson, Teravainen
    Defensmen: Chychrun, Perunovich, Clarke, Lundkvist, Slavvin, Walman, Liljegren
    Goalies: Hellebuyck, Gustavsson, Knight, Korpisalo

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by C.R. View Post
    In my signature I have 14 players in bold who I'm thinking of keeping, Help me select my last keeper or if I shouldn't keep one of those guys for another guy. The league categories are in the signature as well.
    You have the right keepers and you do indeed have a tough decision for the last one. Atkinson, Sedin (for trade value), Stepan and Hornqvist tempt me. But I'd go with Stepan for the combination of upside/proven/name value (for trading).

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Currently in finals starting tonight and runs thru Sunday and just got news that Kucherov out for tonight

My back up options are Galchenyuk, Ryan or Raffl (who has 4 games but less upside)

Any suggestions and how you'd rank them? Im thinking Galchenyuk as Ottawa is a tire fire right now, and Raffl is hit/miss with no pp time but would love your thoughts
    1 Year Yahoo H2H weekly, 12 teams...top 8 make fantasy playoffs

Goals/Assists/PlusMinus/PPP/Hits/Shots
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C (play 3): Seguin (W), Couturier, Nugent-Hopkins (W), Staal (MIN), Trocheck
    W (play 6): Hall, DeBrincat, Kreider, Zucker, Neal, Olofsson, Nyquist
    D (play 4): Josi, Suter, Ristolainen, Klefbom, Hronek
    G (play 2, minimum 3 appearances): Fleury, Murray, Halak
    IR+: Drouin (W)

Banned

Potatoes or carrots

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by domo604 View Post
    Currently in finals starting tonight and runs thru Sunday and just got news that Kucherov out for tonight

My back up options are Galchenyuk, Ryan or Raffl (who has 4 games but less upside)

Any suggestions and how you'd rank them? Im thinking Galchenyuk as Ottawa is a tire fire right now, and Raffl is hit/miss with no pp time but would love your thoughts
    Galchenyuk for sure. Wouldn't hesitate for a second. Raffl last, I don't trust him

- - - Updated - - -

Potatoes or carrots
    What the hell can you do with carrots? Unless you're a rabbit?