Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2016/17 DobberHockey Tiered Invitational: 10-Year Anniversary!

The Great One

Default Re: 2016/17 DobberHockey Tiered Invitational: 10-Year Anniversary!

F our international visitors can we have a 7pm ET draft... That's still midnight here lol
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    F our international visitors can we have a 7pm ET draft... That's still midnight here lol
    any way we can do one around 3pm-ish est time? i'm sure there will be more than enough of us international guys to fill up a draft at a time that is early enough for most of us. 7pm est basically helps for england but for everyone else it's too late at night. 3pm est is still 8pm in london, so that still works for them, and it gives an extra 4 hours across europe/asia for others to participate so that everyone at least starts by midnight their time.

The Great One

anything before 7pm ET is good for me lol I forget I'm not the only international visitor!

Dobber Sports Master

International visitors aplenty mate. 3pm is 7am for me!

The Great One

Dubai?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    International visitors aplenty mate. 3pm is 7am for me!
    and is that a good time for you? i assume anything earlier is too early for you, and with a 3pm est start you can wake up and draft first thing in the morning!

why don't the international guys share what time works for them so that we can get a feel of what works for everybody?

2:30-3:30pm est time is best for me, and more on the earlier side of that. and thursday night is better for me as well. worse comes to worse i'll just autopick, though.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Definitely interested in participating this year but will be incommunicado most of Monday morning and afternoon as I have 2 doctors appointments and it's a 2 hour drive into the city and back so me and the missus we always run a ton of errands on these types of days to limit trips back and forth.

Anyway that a place can be held in whatever tier till I can get back home and on the comp to formally join. Would be appreciated but if not then it just sucks to be me.

Cheers
    14 Team Head to Head(Fantrax)
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-1 SKATER-6 or 7 BENCH
    Salary Cap-$119,250.000

C-N Backstrom/R Johansen/A Kempe/S Monahan
    LW-J Guentzel-J Huberdeau-C-N Niederreiter
    RW-B Boeser-P Buchnevich-K Fiala-T Wilson
    Skater-Z Smith
    D-J Carlson-J Faulk-S Johns-M Matheson-R Ristolainen-M Stone
    BENCH-A Burakovsky-N Goldobin-O Kase-J Puljujarvi-R-J Vrana-M Mueller
    G-F Andersen-J Quick-B Elliot-J Saros

Prospects:
    J Ang-J F Karlsson-D Gambrell-F Gauthier-J Kyrou-T-A Bjork-I Chekhovich-E Cernak-D-J Larsson-J Schmaltz
    V Husso-J Oettinger

2018 DRAFT-SELECTING 9TH
    Noah Dobson-Jake Wise-Akil Thomas-Jonathan Tychonick-Blake McLaughlin

Dobber Sports Titan

I'll make a time work if I have to. Work around the internationals for now.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Count me in...I might as well max out my Yahoo league allowance!
    2012 DobberHockey Hall of Fame - Player's Category

The Wolverine

Thank you everyone for your feedback. At the moment, for the first two leagues I have specific dates and times planned for each draft (to be announced when it opens). The challenge is trying to have a date that can likely suit the most people. I can relate to those abroad (I am one) and how difficult it is to attend a draft at times that tend to suit more North Americans.

I'd rather not wait for a negotiated draft/time for those international as I have a schedule to keep, and recruitment is going to open soon. However, I'm glad that you have given this feedback showing the demand is there. What I may do is start with the leagues I have planned (I'm afraid both will be on a weekday in the evening - historically this has worked well) but as I'm confident there will be enough interest, make a third league having a draft on a weekend, still in the evening Eastern Time as I find it's more suitable to most people. Also, those abroad should have a better opportunity to join. There is room for up to four leagues but want to start with two to ensure they can get filled and then open up more if there is plenty of interest.

Please understand that in order to get this going as smoothly and efficiently as possible, I need to have draft dates and times set in advance to ensure that those who join are available for those dates, or if they are willing to autodraft (I know, not ideal), can pick the one most suitable.

I appreciate your patience. I will have a think to see what suits best and explain once recruitment opens.

Stay tuned. Thanks.

The Wolverine

As I'm checking things, I just remembered that the first two league dates and times are set because there is currently pre-recruitment for those in the Entry leagues last year (mentioned this in the feature article - see link in signature). These will be the only two I'll start recruiting for and then will evaluate on when I can open up another one.

Will update here when I open the recruitment thread.

For those who have received an email from me about early draft choices, there is still a bit of time to make your decision before I open it to the public. You can still choose your date once it opens, but from then it will be first come, first served.

The Wolverine

Public recruitment now open! Check it out here.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Pumped to get in on this! (also need to post so I can send PMs)

The Wolverine

A few updates:

- There are 5 places remaining in each of the two leagues current open. Visit this thread and contact me to reserve your invite!
    - Looking at creating another league at a (hopefully) more suitable time for those outside of North America (likely on a weekend). Stay tuned for details.
    - Note that a few successful managers from each Entry division last year will be promoted to the Pro division. The leagues are just about ready and the invites will be sent out soon.

Come along and join the fun competition! A bonus prize for winning your league this coming season - a free copy of the 2017/18 Dobberhockey guide!

The Wolverine

Two additional leagues have just opened. Please visit the same recruitment thread for details.