Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 96

Thread: 2016/17 DobberHockey Tiered Invitational: 10-Year Anniversary!

  1. #61
    woodrow's Avatar
    woodrow is online now
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,850
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Rep Power
    40

    Moderator

    Default Re: DobberHockey Tiered Invitational 2016/17: 10-Year Anniversary!

    I'd like to get back in. I actually got an invite a few years ago and then won the Entry, Pro and Experts league, B2B2B. I didn't get an invite the next year, but understand these leagues were kind of in a state of flux and I was no longer as active on these boards due to too many other commitments. By the time I clued in, it was too late. Good to see this continuing though.

    For anyone lucky enough to get selected for these leagues, it is a blast to say the least. The format is great and most GMs I played against were doing their utmost to win their respective leagues.

  2. #62
    lucafen4's Avatar
    lucafen4 is offline
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    5,075
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Rep Power
    49

    Dobber Sports Superstar

    Default Re: DobberHockey Tiered Invitational 2016/17: 10-Year Anniversary!

    I'm very tempted, although a dynasty I'm in is starting to come off the hinges before the puck drops because it's free. I don't doubt the competition and commitment in this would likely be more reliable. But I'm learning a personal lesson.

    I need to pay to play. Any chance there is a pay version of these? $25/$50? Or do I have to win this to pay next year - cuz that I'd also be into.

  3. #63
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,025
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    40

    Moderator

    Default Re: DobberHockey Tiered Invitational 2016/17: 10-Year Anniversary!

    Quote Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
    I'd like to get back in. I actually got an invite a few years ago and then won the Entry, Pro and Experts league, B2B2B. I didn't get an invite the next year, but understand these leagues were kind of in a state of flux and I was no longer as active on these boards due to too many other commitments. By the time I clued in, it was too late. Good to see this continuing though.

    For anyone lucky enough to get selected for these leagues, it is a blast to say the least. The format is great and most GMs I played against were doing their utmost to win their respective leagues.
    That's great, good to have you back!

    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'm very tempted, although a dynasty I'm in is starting to come off the hinges before the puck drops because it's free. I don't doubt the competition and commitment in this would likely be more reliable. But I'm learning a personal lesson.

    I need to pay to play. Any chance there is a pay version of these? $25/$50? Or do I have to win this to pay next year - cuz that I'd also be into.
    This is a free competition, and for the foreseeable future it will remain that way. It's competitive, but it's intended to be open to all and a lot of people don't want to pay to play.

    There isn't a similar pay version of this competition that I'm aware of, but can be considered if someone wants to get one going.

  4. #64
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,025
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    40

    Moderator

    Default Re: DobberHockey Tiered Invitational 2016/17: 10-Year Anniversary!

    As updated in the original post, there is now a feature article explaining all of the details for this competition:

    http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-h...r-anniversary/

    Please have a read and stay tuned for when recruitment begins, which will be in a new forum thread.

    This thread is for information only. If you require any clarification on rules etc., just let me know.

    Thanks.

  5. #65
    4T2's Avatar
    4T2 is online now
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,434
    Location
    Outside The Asylum
    Rep Power
    46

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default Re: DobberHockey Tiered Invitational 2016/17: 10-Year Anniversary!

    Alright, after 7 years on these forums, I've got to get in on this.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".


  6. #66
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,025
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    40

    Moderator

    Default Re: DobberHockey Tiered Invitational 2016/17: 10-Year Anniversary!

    Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Alright, after 7 years on these forums, I've got to get in on this.
    Excellent!

  7. #67
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Novice

    Default Re: DobberHockey Tiered Invitational 2016/17: 10-Year Anniversary!

    Awesome, thanks! For those of us who don't get to the forums every day in the off-season, will you also post here to let us know when we can sign up?
    Team 1
    14-team H2H keeper league, counting G,A,+/-,PPP,Hits,FW,SOG,W,SV%,GAA

    2C,2LW,2RW,2F,4D,2G,4BN
    I can keep 3F, 2D, 1G each year
    Kesler, Johansen, ???
    Karlsson, Gostisbehere
    Crawford, Mason, Talbot

    Team 2

    12-team H2H single-year league, counting G,A,PPP,Hits,PIMs,FW,SOG,BS,W,
    SV%,GAA
    2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2G,3BN


  8. #68
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,025
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    40

    Moderator

    Default Re: DobberHockey Tiered Invitational 2016/17: 10-Year Anniversary!

    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie_Dunlop View Post
    Awesome, thanks! For those of us who don't get to the forums every day in the off-season, will you also post here to let us know when we can sign up?
    Yes, I'll post here so you can see the thread updated with joining information, likely also linked to the new forum thread.

  9. #69
    forsbergfan's Avatar
    forsbergfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,169
    Rep Power
    19

    Dobber Sports Padawan

    Default Re: 2016/17 DobberHockey Tiered Invitational: 10-Year Anniversary!

    I want in. around what date will the thread to sign up appear, so I know to look out for it?

  10. #70
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,025
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    40

    Moderator

    Default Re: 2016/17 DobberHockey Tiered Invitational: 10-Year Anniversary!

    Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    I want in. around what date will the thread to sign up appear, so I know to look out for it?
    That's great!

    Planning for early next week. I'll post in here so you'll see this updated thread, with a link to the new one.

  11. #71
    forsbergfan's Avatar
    forsbergfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,169
    Rep Power
    19

    Dobber Sports Padawan

    Default Re: 2016/17 DobberHockey Tiered Invitational: 10-Year Anniversary!

    any chance one of the leagues could have an offline draft, or a draft where we pre-rank our players, for those of us who would have a hard time getting to an online draft?

  12. #72
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,025
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    40

    Moderator

    Default Re: 2016/17 DobberHockey Tiered Invitational: 10-Year Anniversary!

    Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    any chance one of the leagues could have an offline draft, or a draft where we pre-rank our players, for those of us who would have a hard time getting to an online draft?
    I'm afraid there won't be any offline drafts. These leagues all need to be coordinated in the same way, in the same format to ensure a level playing field. Also, we won't know when a specific league will be finalised, especially as we wouldn't know how many people would want to do an offline draft. However, for those who will still want to participate but cannot attend one of the drafts there is the auto draft option (but others are live drafting). I know that's not ideal for many, though. I will be setting the draft order for all leagues in advance (depending on how soon the leagues fill up) if that is of any help.

  13. #73
    forsbergfan's Avatar
    forsbergfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,169
    Rep Power
    19

    Dobber Sports Padawan

    Default Re: 2016/17 DobberHockey Tiered Invitational: 10-Year Anniversary!

    Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I will be setting the draft order for all leagues in advance (depending on how soon the leagues fill up) if that is of any help.
    yes, this definitely helps. i wasn't expecing there to be any offline drafts, but it was worth asking (although if others want an offline draft, might be worth posting it here so we get an idea whether there'd be interest). but at least if i know where i'm drafting, i could try and get some strategy into my pre-draft rankings.
    thanks!

  14. #74
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,025
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    40

    Moderator

    Default Re: 2016/17 DobberHockey Tiered Invitational: 10-Year Anniversary!

    Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    yes, this definitely helps. i wasn't expecing there to be any offline drafts, but it was worth asking (although if others want an offline draft, might be worth posting it here so we get an idea whether there'd be interest). but at least if i know where i'm drafting, i could try and get some strategy into my pre-draft rankings.
    thanks!
    No worries, it's worth asking. To confirm though, there will not be any offline drafts so to anyone who asks I'll mention the same thing. The format is set so I won't change it for the reasons explained above, I'm afraid. All leagues are in the same format, because it's one competition and everyone should be on the same level playing field.

    As for the early draft order, yeah it's definitely helpful as I've had to autodraft a few times.

  15. #75
    finminer's Avatar
    finminer is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    395
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Rep Power
    14

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Re: 2016/17 DobberHockey Tiered Invitational: 10-Year Anniversary!

    Really looking forward to this. I've wanted to get in for several years but for some reason or another, haven't been able to. Now I'm watching like a Hawk!
    12-team $220 cap keeper; auction salaries
    9F, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench, 8 farm
    Contract up to 5 yrs; prospects have $5 ELC?s
    Top 4 teams paid; parity draft for others
    Roto: F Only G, F Only A, PPG+SHG, PPA+SHA, PIM, GWG+ShooG, D-Pts, G Net Pts, GAA, Save %

    C - Bergeron $2 18-19, Kopitar $25, Eichel $5 18-19, Trocheck $6, H Sedin $6
    LW - Palat $5, Couture $23, JT Miller $1 17-18
    RW - Kucherov $5 20-21, Larkin $5 20-21, Palmieri $6, Maroon $1
    D ? Werenski $5 20-21, Krug $5 19-20, Petry $1, Beaulieu $1, Skjei $1
    G ? Andersen $8 20-21, Saros $1, Condon $1
    Prospects: Rantanen, Aho, BRitchie, Meier, Matheson, Gillies, Nedeljkovic, Hellebuyck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •