Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Justin Schultz

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Justin Schultz

I hope he plays his way into the lineup for the rest of the playoffs so I can finally trade his keester.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Schultz should be playing over Pouliot (and honestly over Maatta when healthy, but that's not going to happen) for the rest of the playoffs. Pouliot almost single-handily cost the Pens the game twice in his only OT shift. Sullivan may still favor him since he had him in Wilkes-Barre, though.

As for the off-season, it will be up to Schultz if he stays or goes with the Pens. There is no way the Pens will make a qualifying offer, so he can either take a pay cut and stick with the Pens to hopefully turn his career around, or he can become a UFA and go after the biggest deal. His history would point towards the latter, but hopefully he sees the value in sticking around. I'm not sure the Pens would have spent a 3rd rounder on a 7th/8th d-man for a few months unless they had a pretty good idea he was open to returning the next season, though.

Dobber Sports Stud

Typical game for Schultz. He looked a step behind and wouldn't stay on his skates for the first few shifts (chalk it up to playoff jitters). He looked fantastic offensively, and could have come away with a few points if he'd had a little luck. I would like to think 18 min. of semi-mistake free hockey earns him another game. A 3-1 series lead takes the pressure off of Maata being pressed to come back. I would put him ahead of Pouliot, and even Cole (I thought he was a better player). I guess we'll see if he gets another game.
    F-Jarvis,Aho,Mittlestadt,Byfield,Berggren,Brink,Chyt il,Dach,Kakko,Kaliyev,
    Cooley,Newhook,Macelli,Marchenko,Meier,Michkov,Per fetti,Reichel,Stankoven

D-Bean,Hutson,Mateychuk,Mintyukov,Seider,Addison,Kor chinski

G-Kotchetkov,Oettinger,Wallstedt,Dostal,Knight,Taras ov

F-G,A=1pt (14 count)
    D-G,A=2pt,+- (8 count)
    G-Win=2pts,T=1,SO=1,G,A=1 (3 count)

12 Team Dynasty

Dobber Sports Stud

Chips in an apple in the clinching game, winning a Stanley Cup ring. Makes endouring his abuse in Edmonton that much easier. Now, does he resign?
    F-Jarvis,Aho,Mittlestadt,Byfield,Berggren,Brink,Chyt il,Dach,Kakko,Kaliyev,
    Cooley,Newhook,Macelli,Marchenko,Meier,Michkov,Per fetti,Reichel,Stankoven

D-Bean,Hutson,Mateychuk,Mintyukov,Seider,Addison,Kor chinski

G-Kotchetkov,Oettinger,Wallstedt,Dostal,Knight,Taras ov

F-G,A=1pt (14 count)
    D-G,A=2pt,+- (8 count)
    G-Win=2pts,T=1,SO=1,G,A=1 (3 count)

12 Team Dynasty

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by TeamRamrod View Post
    Chips in an apple in the clinching game, winning a Stanley Cup ring. Makes endouring his abuse in Edmonton that much easier. Now, does he resign?
    2 years, 2.5 per with Pittsburh is my prediction.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I agree that a 2 years deal in PIT under 3 per should get done He may want to see what the open market has to offer though.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    I agree that a 2 years deal in PIT under 3 per should get done He may want to see what the open market has to offer though.
    I think if the Pens make him a 2 year offer it's going to be pretty hard for him not to accept. He's still an RFA, Pittsburgh likely won't give him a qualifying offer, but I can't see many teams wanting to make too long a commitment, or sign him for much more than 3mil/year. Right now he's just won a ring with the Pens, and is being given what is probably a better opportunity for minutes than he'd see a lot of other places.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Administrator

And now a bunch of people are going to overvalue him (again) going into next year.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    I hope he plays his way into the lineup for the rest of the playoffs so I can finally trade his keester.
    I think you may finally be able to get something for him now Golden.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)