Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Addictions

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Addictions

Quote Originally Posted by OlympicGold2018 View Post
    Hi, I am you from the future. I ask you, please stop writing this madness.

I think this has been over stretched now...
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    I think your definition of naturopath differs from olympicgold's view, unless I'm mistaken. All naturopaths are not self-proclaimed healers of everything. From my own experiences, naturopaths are professionals that can help with ailments using methods such as acupuncture, hydrotherapy along with dietary advice.

The case in Canada where the child died was tragic AND avoidable. I agree that the naturopath was in the wrong, whether the parents were informed or not. But the same could have happened if they had gone to see a doctor and the child was misdiagnosed and sent back home... The issues typically stem from a wrong diagnostic of the problem at hand followed by a treatment that is innefective or even danagerous. Professionals have a responsibility to help others within their distinct field of knowledge. But I do get your view on cons that try to play medicine-man and risk lives for their own ego and wealth; just keep in mind that it's not all like that in the naturopathic field. Now what is the % in the naturopathic world that is good and safe vs the % that is linked to con-activity and risks lives?? I, for one, will step away from that particular debate
    You just used acupuncture (another totally debunked nonsense treatment) to try and back up that naturopaths are legitimate.

For me the issue isn't whether there are good naturopaths and bad naturopaths (in the main. In the case of the dead kid that is possibly a case of a bad naturopath and there should be consequences if the investigation leads to that), compared to good doctors and bad doctors.

It's an issue of naturopathic ideals and philosophies being intellectually bankrupt and not supported by fact, compared to the world of evidence based medicine.

Yes, there are many naturopaths who genuinely believe they are doing good in the world. That's what's terrifying to me. That people who have been given legitimacy via regulation, believe in the power of the Vis to heal people. This is Church of Scientology level insanity, but it's at the very core of Naturopathic "medicine". This stuff should have no place in a modern society unless it's relegated to a religious belief somewhere. It should not be anywhere near the health system at all.

At the end of the day I love the quote,
    You know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work? - Medicine.
    - Tim Minchin

Dobber Sports Master

Just a few administrative notes:

1) We are pretty close to hijacking/derailing the original thread, please bear that in mind going forward. I would not say this is being done maliciously here, just aspect of good form to keep in mind.
    2) The recent discussion here has been passionate, but largely not inflammatory. Debate all you like so long as it stays clean.
    3) Creating a second account just to troll another forum member is not okay.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Giant

New addiction:

Kale and Chia seed chips from Costco... They sucked me in with their typical tasting stands this evening. I ended up buying a bag (aka enough to feed a block party size) and now I just realized that I unconsciously ate half of it.

Oups!
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    New addiction:

Kale and Chia seed chips from Costco... They sucked me in with their typical tasting stands this evening. I ended up buying a bag (aka enough to feed a block party size) and now I just realized that I unconsciously ate half of it.
    So are they really good tasting or just better tasting than flavoured cardboard that most "healthy" snacks tend to be. #loweredexpectations
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    So are they really good tasting or just better tasting than flavoured cardboard that most "healthy" snacks tend to be. #loweredexpectations
    Hehe, they are actually good. They taste like a tortilla chip (they are corn based) but with an added crunch and a hint of grains.

I must admit, the fact that they are "healthier options" does help make them taste better, but they are good nonetheless (I think)

Minors:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Just a few administrative notes:

3) Creating a second account just to troll another forum member is not okay.
    Loch, have you ever done this?

Back to the topic, being close to Seattle, my addiction is Starbucks. Not proud of it, but can't help it.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiens2099 View Post
    Loch, have you ever done this?

Back to the topic, being close to Seattle, my addiction is Starbucks. Not proud of it, but can't help it.
    Nope... this I'm a one account kind of guy (here and on other forums).
    I would clarify by saying second accounts aren't inherently bad in most cases... but when they are being used for negative purposes? Well, there's no need for that is there?

Also, Starbucks? Ewww!
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Nope... this I'm a one account kind of guy (here and on other forums).

Also, Starbucks? Ewww!
    Only account? LOL, okay then.

Starbucks........you get used to it and it grows on you.