Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The next big thing at RB!

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: The next big thing at RB!

McFadden, Morris, and Elliot. How do you feed those guys touches? Elliot is a great player (maybe best “Football player” in the draft), but why so many top end RBs? They Oversaturated one position in my eyes.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

He'll produce better than Gurley, but he's not more talented than Gurley. Surefire first round FF pick though.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    He'll produce better than Gurley, but he's not more talented than Gurley. Surefire first round FF pick though.
    Could Elliott out produce Gurley...sure. He is playing on a better offense that isn't geared solely on the run and nothing else. Still, 1100 yards and 10 TDs in 13 games on one of the league's most dormant offenses is a pretty impressive task. Elliott could over take this, but he needs to supplant Run-DMC and the Butler before doing so. I fully anticipate he will, but they're still road blocks nonetheless.

I wouldn't say Elliott is a 1st round FF pick...dynasty yes, but not any redraft leagues. To draft Elliott in the 1st round, I think you are drastically overspending to be taking him in the 1st. There are far more reliable bets that will net greater production. You want a guy who is established and you know will net you the production. There is always a chance the Elliott completely face plants at the NFL level, there's a chance he's in nothing more than an RBBC the entire season, there's a chance he's a superstar. Just remember how darling Ameer Abdullah was leading into FF drafts last year.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Could Elliott out produce Gurley...sure. He is playing on a better offense that isn't geared solely on the run and nothing else. Still, 1100 yards and 10 TDs in 13 games on one of the league's most dormant offenses is a pretty impressive task. Elliott could over take this, but he needs to supplant Run-DMC and the Butler before doing so. I fully anticipate he will, but they're still road blocks nonetheless.

I wouldn't say Elliott is a 1st round FF pick...dynasty yes, but not any redraft leagues. To draft Elliott in the 1st round, I think you are drastically overspending to be taking him in the 1st. There are far more reliable bets that will net greater production. You want a guy who is established and you know will net you the production. There is always a chance the Elliott completely face plants at the NFL level, there's a chance he's in nothing more than an RBBC the entire season, there's a chance he's a superstar. Just remember how darling Ameer Abdullah was leading into FF drafts last year.
    Ameer Abdullah wasn't the 4th overall pick behind the best offensive line in the NFL. The Cowboys didn't spend a 4th overall pick to put Elliot in a committee. Think of draft capital. And look at what McFadden did last year, with no Romo and no Dez. McFadden last year is Elliot's floor.

Dobber Sports Sage

Elliott will be outstanding. He is Jerry Jones' boy, he personally chose him. Bell-cow. They will ride him like Earl Campbell. Expect huge numbers as the featured element in the Dallas offense running behind one of the best OLs. There is no reason why he should not be a top 5 fantasy back immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Take Henry. He's much better than advertised.
    Did I say that...?

@SmittysRant