Thread: Who do you like more : Parker or Floyd

Dobber Sports Star

Default Who do you like more : Parker or Floyd

Hey,

I'm in a standard Dynasty league (going in our 2nd year), keep 6. My current keepers are Luck, Gurley, Lacy, Cooper and Kelce.

I'm looking to add an other WR to my team. Most teams will look to keep their best WR.

I'm in early talks with one GM and he said Devante Parker and Michael Floyd would be available.

Who do you like more and why?

I'm looking for a young WR would could potentially breakout next year. Do you have a few players who could fit that description?

Thanks,
    MK

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Who do you like more : Parker or Floyd

Between the two I would go with Floyd. If he didn't break his finger early last year, his final numbers would look much better. Palmer trusts him and if healthy will be a high end wr2.

It's still too early for breakout candidates.

Dobber Sports Expert

Parker. Floyd has competition in Arizona with Fitz and the emergence of Brown. He's in a constant 3-way battle for targets when they don't decide to feed Davey Johnson...all-in-all, too many mouths to feed in Arizona.

Parker is going to be #2 guy behind Landry and the deep ball threat...he his going to get tons of looks on the outside as teams try to jam up Landry and Ajayi. Rishard Matthews (overrated) is likely not to return either as FA so that opens the door wide for Parker. Miami's TEs also pose zero threat to the passing game

Hmmmmmm....tough call for me. Prob Floyd for me. Better QB and ball moving offense overall. Fitz is there true but he can't play forever. Brown is a vertical threat field stretcher so he won't draw significant targets away from Floyd. I like the idea of Parker but he's inconsistent just like he was in college, and so is his QB. Tannehill is unwilling to throw deep unless the pass is clearly there so that limits Parker's value imo. I know Gase is a "qb guru" but....we'll see. Plus you can get Floyd cheaper with the hype on Parker

It's close but I'll take Floyd here.
    @SmittysRant

Banned

Definitely go with Parker here. Golden apple above nailed it

Dobber Sports Ninja

Floyd for me.

Banned

Parker for sure.

Dobber Sports Pro

Per one of the sites that I use, the expert consensus is that Parker is the 15th ranked dynasty WR and Floyd is 25th.

I own Floyd in my dynasty league, and I would trade him straight up for Parker if the Parker owner was willing.

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Per one of the sites that I use, the expert consensus is that Parker is the 15th ranked dynasty WR and Floyd is 25th.

I own Floyd in my dynasty league, and I would trade him straight up for Parker if the Parker owner was willing.
    I'd rather own Carroo than Parker, and keep Floyd.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Star

Just an update...

I made the deal a while ago and I'm happy with it. I traded a 2017 3rd round pick for Parker and a 2017 6th round pick (in a keep 6, 10-team league).

So my keeper heading into next season so far are Luck, Gurley, Lacy, Cooper, Parker and Kelce. I'll be drafting 3rd overall.

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    Just an update...

I made the deal a while ago and I'm happy with it. I traded a 2017 3rd round pick for Parker and a 2017 6th round pick (in a keep 6, 10-team league).

So my keeper heading into next season so far are Luck, Gurley, Lacy, Cooper, Parker and Kelce. I'll be drafting 3rd overall.
    Fair value on the deal. Question: Do you need to keep Luck in a ten team league? There's so much depth at the position this year. I would consider Cooper over Luck.

EDIT: Sorry I meant Floyd. I like to have as much depth at the wr and rb positions as possible. Just something to consider.
    @SmittysRant