Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Andreas Athanasiou

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Andreas Athanasiou

Any thought on this guy? Was watching the game tonight and this guy seems to have some decent skill. Worth a pick up in the off season?

10 Team, Points Only, Full Keeper, Salary Cap league (AAV)
    30 player max(main roster only)
    12 F, 6D, 2G(Weekly Line-up) count toward points (G=1/A=1/W=2/SO=+1/SOL=1)

F: -P. Kane, Benn, Schiefele, Laine, Eichel, S. Reinhart, Ehlers, Schmaltz, Bailey, Panik, Eaves, Zetterberg, Steen, Beauvillier, C. Fischer

D: - Byfuglien, Matheson, Hanifin, Ekholm, Djoos, Butcher, Sanheim

G: - Dubnyk, Lundqvist, Shesterkin

Picks :
    2018 : 1st, 4th, 4th
    2019 : 2nd
    2020 : 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Andreas Athanasiou

He's the new breed of hockey player in the ever changing, quicker then ever NHL.

He's got loads of skill and is as quick as anyone in the league. The question is: does he get the opportunity to succeed as a top 6 or does that opportunity belong to the bigger name players/prospects?

I'd put his ceiling ~65 points but he's just as likely to become a (20/20) 40-45 point 3rd liner, do to a lack of opportunity/management trying to mould him into more of a 3rd line checker with skill.

Time will tell...
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Deuces6 View Post
    Any thought on this guy? Was watching the game tonight and this guy seems to have some decent skill. Worth a pick up in the off season?
    Look at what Detroit thinks about him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqD1fjE0YK8
    12 Teams Keep All - 25 players - Pts only (FWD: 1 pt per goal and assist - DEF: 2 pts per goal, 1 pt per assist - GOA: 2 pts per win, 4 pts per SO) / Active roster: 9 Fwds, 4 Defs, 2 Goalies

F: S. Crosby, T. Hall, V. Tarasenko, R. Strome, J. Gaudreau, J. Guentzel, D. Pastrnak , M. Rantanen, S. Aho, P. Buchnevich, E. Kuznetzov, M. Pacioretty, J. Pavelski, J. Marchessault, D. Perron
    D: K. Letang, D. Doughty, J. Carlson, D. Hamilton, B. Montour
    G: V. Husso, J. Quick, C. Hellebyuck, F. Andersen

Banned

he looks like a bottom sixer skill guy and I don't see him ever getting the minutes or opportunities to be a fantasy asset

I might pick him up as Wings prospects are always overvalued especially after they show something in the NHL. Look at Nyquist who is better than AA.

Dobber Sports Expert

3rd line player...more of a checking role but has the upside to put the puck in the net. I'd be surprised if he ever topped 50 points in a season.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    3rd line player...more of a checking role but has the upside to put the puck in the net. I'd be surprised if he ever topped 50 points in a season.
    You're right, although in today's NHL 50 is a pretty damn good year.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Banned

50 points is a 1st liner

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    He's the new breed of hockey player in the ever changing, quicker then ever NHL.

He's got loads of skill and is as quick as anyone in the league. The question is: does he get the opportunity to succeed as a top 6 or does that opportunity belong to the bigger name players/prospects?

I'd put his ceiling ~65 points but he's just as likely to become a (20/20) 40-45 point 3rd liner, do to a lack of opportunity/management trying to mould him into more of a 3rd line checker with skill.

Time will tell...
    I agree with this summary, I was able to watch him play here in Barrie, for two years. Hard working player, super nice guy too.
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    You're right, although in today's NHL 50 is a pretty damn good year.
    True...wasn't saying he'll get there or flirt there, just used it as a 'bad' benchmark when I saw a "~65pt ceiling"

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    True...wasn't saying he'll get there or flirt there, just used it as a 'bad' benchmark when I saw a "~65pt ceiling"
    Yeah I agree upside numbers are thrown around way too loosely.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by vallaird View Post
    Look at what Detroit thinks about him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqD1fjE0YK8
    I loved the background music in the vid!

If he ever gets the Wings 30G and 20A, I think they would be ridiculously thrilled. 20-20 is what I would realistically expect. He definitely flashes skill but I wonder if his speed was largely responsible for his junior success.. like Emerson Etem... etc. As a hockey fan I am excited to watch him, but he isn't someone to reach for in terms of a prospect. One to watch, surely, but don't discount top 10 top 15 prospects for this guy.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Monster

Any projections for next year? He has shown some good success so far and is getting limited ice time. Decent hands and very good skater. What do you guys think about him.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Any projections for next year? He has shown some good success so far and is getting limited ice time. Decent hands and very good skater. What do you guys think about him.
    I think Detroit will try to move a body out for some help on D this offseason, too many smallish wingers (Nyquist, Tatar, Pulkkinen) so that should open a spot for him to have some more ice time.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I think Detroit will try to move a body out for some help on D this offseason, too many smallish wingers (Nyquist, Tatar, Pulkkinen) so that should open a spot for him to have some more ice time.
    Agree with this. Projections are really going to depend on where he fits in in the depth chart next year. So keep an eye on what Detroit does with their Fs in the offseason
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

I don't get to watch him too much but I did love seeing him play in Barrie, super down to earth guy as well you could tell he just loved the game when you talked to him.
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray