Thread: Hedman

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Hedman

According to you guys, what would be the best strategy with Hedman for my league in sig?

1- trade him now since he has another year at 4.75M then UFA
    2- wait till next season, keep him on his last contract year then, try to trade him
    3- keep him anyways even if he signs a huge contract

Thoughts? If you think I should trade him, what kind of return you would consider a trade for?

Thanks
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Hedman

Keep him. See how things go next year. He will be a top 5 one of these days. Really the only thing holding him back is the lower PP time.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Yep... unless someone offers you the moon, keep him. Right now, I don't think you would get "full" value... His value won't be lower next year so...
    Salary Cap Keep 4 (9F/1D/1G)

F : Stamkos / Lee / Ehlers / Schenn / Yakupov / Wilson / Perreault / Johansson / Little / Lucic
    D: Gostisbehere / Faulk
    G : Bishop / Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Master

I traded him away two years ago, and am still kicking my self for doing it. Keep him unless you get a "WOW" offer that you can't refuse.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I traded him away two years ago, and am still kicking my self for doing it. Keep him unless you get a "WOW" offer that you can't refuse.
    I share your pain... Trade him for help at C when Stamkos went down 2 years ago with broken leg... I won that year but that was a steep price...
    W(r)-Olofsson, Tippett, Tolvanen, Kupari
    D-Hamilton, Krug, Burns, Andersson, Pulock
    D(r)- Boqvist
    G- Hellebuyck, Hart, Shesterkin

KEEPER (6 each year + 10 rookies under 23), 11 Teams
    F+D : Points only
    G : 2pts for SO
    3 C, 5 W, 3 D + 2 G

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ElRoca View Post
    I share your pain... Trade him for help at C when Stamkos went down 2 years ago with broken leg... I won that year but that was a steep price...
    Key to that trade was you "won that year". I'd trade my grandmother if I had a better chance of winning. That is what sucked about what I traded him for...I'm still waiting to drink from the league's championship chalice.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Key to that trade was you "won that year".
    Funny thing is : I didn't need that C (it was Levacalier)... Would have won anyway... It was a dumb trade made 5 minutes before the deadline in a moment of panic...
    W(r)-Olofsson, Tippett, Tolvanen, Kupari
    D-Hamilton, Krug, Burns, Andersson, Pulock
    D(r)- Boqvist
    G- Hellebuyck, Hart, Shesterkin

KEEPER (6 each year + 10 rookies under 23), 11 Teams
    F+D : Points only
    G : 2pts for SO
    3 C, 5 W, 3 D + 2 G

Dobber Sports Ninja

I would keep him for the long run.

The only thing stopping Hedman from joining the elite club right now is his sharing of PP minutes with Stralman.... a coaching decision which continues to baffle me even more than limiting Stammer's minutes.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    The only thing stopping Hedman from joining the elite club right now is his sharing of PP minutes with Stralman.... a coaching decision which continues to baffle me even more than limiting Stammer's minutes.
    This.

The only thing is - the cap is tricky. If his salary increases to 8.5 mil, you're going to have to trim those dollars somewhere else. And, if Cooper is still messing with Hedman's role on the PP, you'll never get the most out of him. And... the big fella does see his share of nagging injuries each season. I could role with Hedman at 5+ and wait for the explosion... but at 8.5... hmm, not sure I'm willing to tie that up in 46-52 points (which is what I see Hedman as until something gives; then add 8-12+).
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Deity

Option 4 - Put him out there for others to see. Check to see how others are valuing him and if you see a deal you like that helps your team long term, both in value and cap, then pull the trigger. If you don't see anything you don't like, pull him off the block and carry on.

Just because you put someone on the trade block doesn't force you to trade them. It allows others to know that you are considering moving him if the return is worthy. To me it's an option that should be considered as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Another goal for Hedman tonight... he's been on a monstrous tear since the start of the new year. Pacing point per game. About freaking time.

Dobber Sports Legend

Another goal for Hedman tonight... he's been on a monstrous tear since the start of the new year. Pacing point per game. About freaking time.
    See what happens when the coach uses him properly? He lugged a ton of time in OT and was the most dominant player on the ice for either team. He was all over the place and almost setup winning goals on like 5 legitimate occasions. He should have the top spot on the main PP on lock down. Hell, I'd play him almost the 2 full minutes like the Sens do with Karlsson.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    See what happens when the coach uses him properly? He lugged a ton of time in OT and was the most dominant player on the ice for either team. He was all over the place and almost setup winning goals on like 5 legitimate occasions. He should have the top spot on the main PP on lock down. Hell, I'd play him almost the 2 full minutes like the Sens do with Karlsson.
    I think Cooper's just one of those stubborn, old-school "my way or the highway" high-ego type guys.

He's clashed with Stammer and Drouin already... wouldn't surprise me if Hedman grows frustrated eventually (if not already).

Dobber Sports Legend

I think Cooper's just one of those stubborn, old-school "my way or the highway" high-ego type guys.
    Sure seems like it to me...
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Genius

A GM offered Morgan Rielly for him....sure Rielly will get a cheaper contract but.....

1 year at 4.25M left on Hedman's contract then he should sign for mucho $$$.....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).