Thread: Whom to drop?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Whom to drop?

Hello again,

Preparing for playoffs in a deep points only with +/- league (fingers crossed) and lately I've been eyeing some FA's and am now wondering who you deem droppable from my team (in sig - and possibly rank the least attractive to keep ROS)?

Open for suggestions, looking to drop maybe: Nichushkin - no PP. But am also considering to less extent: Strome, Lee, Killorn (despite good surroundings) or M. Rielly (playing the tough minutes in TOR).

Streit is an obvious one to drop but I'm hesitant of dropping him prior to trade deadline since I suspect him being dealt to some contending team in need of a QB.

Thanks in advance!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Whom to drop?

who is your eye on that is available on the wire?
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm looking at Pietrangelo, K Hayes, Kronwall, Gardiner and Nestrasil.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by nikitanikitin View Post
    I'm looking at Pietrangelo, K Hayes, Kronwall, Gardiner and Nestrasil.
    Drop Chusk add Kevin Hayes
    Girouxsalem

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

Trocheck,Kempe

Dobber Sports Genius

Are there any G options on WW in case you could change Dubnyk?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks Luigi. Looking ahead do you feel like there are others than Nichushkin who should also get the axe?

Frustrated with Rielly -7 past 4 games. I realize TOR won't be a top team this year but thought Rielly was better than this. Maybe it's still early post Phaneuf but I'm afraid this is Rielly's place ROS: playing the tough minutes while Gardiner is reaping the rewards.

CHunter: In our league goaltenders gets points from wins and shutouts so most nights I prefer to keep them on the bench. Especially Dubnyk - so I wouldn't mind changing him but there aren't many quality alternatives out there and also we only get one WW/FA pick per week : /

That's why I'm trying to look 2-3 weeks ahead of potential adds & drops and try to plan out the roster.

For reference: The top goalie in our league is Holtby with 91p and the top skater is Kane with 220p. New points system this season - It's a bit lopsided to say the least..

Dobber Sports Genius

Thanks Luigi. Looking ahead do you feel like there are others than Nichushkin who should also get the axe?

Frustrated with Rielly -7 past 4 games. I realize TOR won't be a top team this year but thought Rielly was better than this. Maybe it's still early post Phaneuf but I'm afraid this is Rielly's place ROS: playing the tough minutes while Gardiner is reaping the rewards.

CHunter: In our league goaltenders gets points from wins and shutouts so most nights I prefer to keep them on the bench. Especially Dubnyk - so I wouldn't mind changing him but there aren't many quality alternatives out there and also we only get one WW/FA pick per week : /

That's why I'm trying to look 2-3 weeks ahead of potential adds & drops and try to plan out the roster.

For reference: The top goalie in our league is Holtby with 91p and the top skater is Kane with 220p. New points system this season - It's a bit lopsided to say the least..
    Oh, I see....then you could drop Nichushkin....maybe Hayes or Kronwall could do
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Superstar

focusing on fact TOR just shipped best D man out (Dion), they are now worse all around on D so they'll take a further hit in plus minus.He is young and will be good but in one year Reilly can be replaced, what's on the wire? Goligoski or someone along those lines would be sneaky depth swap. My other league I swapped out Spurgeon with Ekholm and quietly paying off as we count blocks and hits. Try to add someone from team with positive goal differential not negative like TOR. If you can wait pick up Pietrangelo and stash on IR. Be a nice addition when he is healthy.
    Girouxsalem

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars

Trocheck,Kempe

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks guys!

Nice pickup Luigi with Ekholm, I always liked his offensive upside especially with Nashville having such an offensive D juggernaut system in place.

The wire is pretty slim here (for instance Goligoski, Ekholm and Spurgeon all got drafted in my league and has never reached the WW since, and we don't even have an IR spot so people in our league really has aaaa lot of patience). Pominville is on the WW but I'm waiting to see if the coach change progress his numbers.

I guess I'll wait a couple of more days to see if anyone picks it up on the WW. I've been shopping Nichushkin around but to no avail - although he had an assist last night so the wait is bearable (for now)..