Thread: Draisaitl

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Draisaitl

I made a big push to get Draisaitl via trade. Now that I have him he of course is coming back down to earth. Which is ok, but now that he is being split from Hall and playing third line is there a big concern going forward and into next season? And will he stay third line when the Nuge returns? I've watched a few games of late and gotta say he hasn't looked like anything special. Thoughts?
    Keeper League 12 GM - points only - extra .5 for ppp and extra 1 for shp

9 forwards 4 d iced

9 Keepers:

Tarasenko
    Scheifele
    Draisaitl
    Boeser
    Rantanen
    Nylander
    Werenski
    OEL
    Holtby

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Draisaitl

Most Oiler fans think he is playing through an injury of some sort right now.

Not sure if it is that or the typical "young guys get tired later in the season" action that usually happens
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Deity

This is what happens when you go from the lead guy to second fiddle.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ya for sure. I had hoped they would load up the top pp but doesn't look like that is happening. Now im in a bind as I was planning to keep him over zetterberg and zuccarello, is that now too risky? I saw they put him back with hall last night. I'm worried that if they don't trade the nuge Drai could be their third line centre next season.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BO STUDLEY View Post
    Ya for sure. I had hoped they would load up the top pp but doesn't look like that is happening. Now im in a bind as I was planning to keep him over zetterberg and zuccarello, is that now too risky? I saw they put him back with hall last night. I'm worried that if they don't trade the nuge Drai could be their third line centre next season.
    I figure that he will continue to play on Hall's wing regardless of whether RNH is moved out or not. He appears to be too good a player to just flame out. I expect some of this is the effect of an NHL season on rookie legs.

RETIRED

Administrator

I'm still amused at some of the homer comments made while he was at his (unsustainable) best.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by BO STUDLEY View Post
    I don't think Drai falls to the third line - he's been slumping for sure, but I have a strong belief that RNH is the one who's going to be dealt. Love RNH's work ethic, but I just don't see him remaining with EDM long-term over Drai. Size matters in the West and while RNH has matured physically and has added bulk, Draisaitl is better suited for the rigors of a "heavy" game.

Don't see how/why Chiarelli would want a $6M third-liner centreman.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by marshal View Post
    I don't think Drai falls to the third line - he's been slumping for sure, but I have a strong belief that RNH is the one who's going to be dealt. Love RNH's work ethic, but I just don't see him remaining with EDM long-term over Drai. Size matters in the West and while RNH has matured physically and has added bulk, Draisaitl is better suited for the rigors of a "heavy" game.

This ^

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by marshal View Post

Personally I think you are completely wrong about RNH. Not so much that he may be dealt, because that's always a possibility, but you seem sure it's going to happen because you feel the Oilers don't believe in him as a legit center in the West because of his size. This is where I think you are wrong. The Oilers rely heavily on him and have seen huge improvements in his defensive game. He is becoming their two-way threat that is a key piece of their lineup. They offered him for Seth Jones because they believe he is that good and it would take something very similar to Jones before I see them even considering trading him. The Oilers realize that if there's one thing that's hard to find, its quality down the middle. Now that they seem to have some of that, I dont see them dealing it away unless they find something that is a major upgrade to another part of their team.

And I also don't see Draisaitl moving to the 3rd line, but I do see him possibly moving back to a wing. Although Draisaitl has made big strides this year, he does still have a lot to learn in the league.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Personally I think you are completely wrong about RNH. Not so much that he may be dealt, because that's always a possibility, but you seem sure it's going to happen because you feel the Oilers don't believe in him as a legit center in the West because of his size. This is where I think you are wrong. The Oilers rely heavily on him and have seen huge improvements in his defensive game. He is becoming their two-way threat that is a key piece of their lineup. They offered him for Seth Jones because they believe he is that good and it would take something very similar to Jones before I see them even considering trading him. The Oilers realize that if there's one thing that's hard to find, its
    quality down the middle. Now that they seem to have some of that, I dont see them dealing it away unless they find something that is a major upgrade to another part of their team.

And I also don't see Draisaitl moving to the 3rd line, but I do see him possibly moving back to a wing. Although Draisaitl
    has made big strides this year, he does still have a lot to learn in the league.
    This is exactly my thoughts on the situation. Also with injuries a big part of today's game the depth of having 3 more than capable centres in your top 6 is a major strength
    16 GMs with 15 Keepers, Pts only, Top 9F,4D,1G count
    2020 & 2013 UFHL Champion

McDavid/Draisatl/Scheifele/Malkin/Marchand/
    Hall/Voracek/Nugent-Hopkins/Bergeron/Giroux

Hedman/Hamilton/Doughty/Ellis/Nurse

Grubauer

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I guess my question becomes do I keep draisaitl over zetterberg or zuccarello? I feel like it's a gamble but one that could pay off.

Dobber Sports Expert

Even in a limited keeper, you can't let Draisaitl walk over Zetterberg or Zuccarello. I would drop Zetterberg and keep the upside of the younger 2 players. Z will be 36 next year and his production is starting to decline over the past two seasons.