Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bears inform Forte he won't be re-signed

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Bears inform Forte he won't be re-signed

I wonder where he ends up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...7680601089?p=v

Bears informed Matt Forte they will not re-sign him. His time in Chicago is done.... fb.me/MLOH9O3A
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Bears inform Forte he won't be re-signed

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Patriots

Dobber Sports Deity

Maybe Dallas.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Maybe Dallas.
    Or Dallas LOL .....I know New England never really goes after the big name RB but I just think his game fits so perfectly there

Dobber Sports Deity

In one of my football keeper leagues, it's a keep 2 players and Forte was one of my two keepers the past two seasons. I am curious where he goes because that could be the difference between me keeping him again for next season and setting him free.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

broncos

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Or Dallas LOL .....I know New England never really goes after the big name RB but I just think his game fits so perfectly there
    They already have a better, younger, faster, cheaper Forte in Dion Lewis. And a hammer in Blount. Both will be healthy again next year.

Everyone keeps saying the Patriots, I don't see a chance in hell they go for Forte. That's just not Belichick's style.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Forte has said that he wants to win a championship and would take less money to do so. I can see a Broncos, Panthers, Pats, packers and maybe Seahawks signing him. All of them can use an elite pass catcher/blocker out of the backfield.

For fantasy purposes, if he can get 10-12 carries+2-5 catches/game he'll still be a high end RB2

Dobber Sports Titan

Seahawks would bet he logical choice if Lynch is done. But their backup is actually really good.

Lions?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Seahawks would bet he logical choice if Lynch is done. But their backup is actually really good.

Lions?
    Rawls played pretty well for them before his injury.

Dobber Sports Titan

Actually what about the Texans or Titans?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I can see him going home to play with his hometown New Orleans Saints.. But I can also see him sticking it to the Bears and signing with Green Bay!!

1) NWO
    2) GB
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Expert

Good move for the Bears. Going through the rebuild, they give Forte a chance to win elsewhere and don't tie up significant cap dollars with his contract (already have enough of that with Baby Cutlet). Win/win for both sides in my opinion.

Allow me to toss my line into the pond of free agency here. I believe 5 teams make a push to get Forte on a short contract (in no particular order)...keep in mind have no idea about the specific cap spaces of NFL teams:
    Dallas
    NYG
    Baltimore
    NE (if Forte signs cheap)
    Washington

A lot of this depends on Forte as well, if his desire is more to win or cash in on one final pay cheque before he heads off to the RB graveyard.

My thoughts on some of the other teams that were mentioned:
    Lions -- Zenner is their RB of the future, I could see Forte here if they want a mentorship/model for Zenner and Abdullah to follow
    NO -- Ingram is the primary guy and with a healthy Robinson, I can't see the Saints, a very cap strained team paying the bucks to sign Forte...they need to fix their D problem first
    GB -- Moreso see the Packers drafting a Rb and working with Lacy than bringing in Forte...their running game was not the reason their offense was dismal compared to previous seasons, that O-Line won't be fixed by signing Forte
    Texans -- Even though injury prone, Texans aren't going to walk on their 30 year old RB for another guy treading over the hill
    Titans -- I see zero chance here mainly due to Forte wanting to have a chance at the playoffs...you don't build good football teams around a RB so Titans may not even be interested
    Broncos -- Anderson was fine down the stretch...he wasn't the superstar but didn't need to be a 200 yd/game guy...Broncos need to be cap smart to keep the D in tact, so I don't see them spending Forte money here
    Seahawks -- Rawls will be the go-to guy with Lynch retiring...but I see this as a possibility if Forte accepts not being the starter for a chance to get a ring and be more of a 3rd down/situational guy
    Dallas -- Not a Cowboys fan but this would be my dream scenario to see for Forte
    Patriots -- Nobody has a clue, ever, what the pats will do...but they seem stable at RB and I feel they work on their D more than their O in the offseason...but same as SEA, if Forte wants to win and nothing else, this is where I would go

Dobber Sports Titan

Foster may be cut. Ivory, Miller, Morris and Forte headline the possible RB FA. Texans were fine without Foster for most of the yr (he only played 4 games), but obviously need to find a QB.

If they find a QB quickly (pretty sure this yrs draft isn’t QB deep), I can see a run at one of the mentioned RBs and cutting Foster. Who was cleared to start jogging like last week. The QB FA pool isn’t that bad either, but you don’t want to be finding your fix at QB from other team’s cast offs, they usually don’t work.

Either the Texans sign an RB, or they draft Ezekiel Elliott at 22 (best RB available, and no QB worth reaching for).

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Foster may be cut. Ivory, Miller, Morris and Forte headline the possible RB FA. Texans were fine without Foster for most of the yr (he only played 4 games), but obviously need to find a QB.

If they find a QB quickly (pretty sure this yrs draft isn’t QB deep), I can see a run at one of the mentioned RBs and cutting Foster. Who was cleared to start jogging like last week. The QB FA pool isn’t that bad either, but you don’t want to be finding your fix at QB from other team’s cast offs, they usually don’t work.

Either the Texans sign an RB, or they draft Ezekiel Elliott at 22 (best RB available, and no QB worth reaching for).
    Did not know that the Texans had that intention....I heard previously he was safe.

If they do cut him, I can't see them signing Forte. Like you said the smart move would be to draft an RB (I'd still draft Henry over Elliott). Miller would be a good fit since he could maybe start to get a lions share of the feast on offense (terribly underused in Miami, which is a shame for him but delights me as a Bills fan). From everything I've read over the past few hours, seems like the Texans were upset about the Rams taking Gurley last year so sounds like they are going RB in round 1.