Thread: Nikita Gusev

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Nikita Gusev

Currently scoring at over a point per game pace in the KHL. Anyone knows when he crosses the pond? Apparently very good friends with Kucherov and Kuch is trying to encourage him to come over but he just signed a 2-year KHL extension I believe. Could he waive his KHL contract early?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Nikita Gusev

He just signed the two-year extension, yes, for a pile of money. From what I read (there's not much out there I could find), he's there for two more years.

Maybe there's a way he could waive the contract, as you suggest...but if he were wanting to do that, why sign the contract?

So.....no, I don't know the answer to your question

Fantrax 18-Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G), 25/30
    Unlimited call-ups = 134 gms
    G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, W, GAA, S, SV%

C: Stamkos, Stepan, Little, T.J.
    W: Kessel, MaGranlund, Simmonds, Landeskog, Hall, Lucic, B.Ritchie, Burakovsky
    D: Gogo, Keith, Leddy, Dumba, Barrie, Forbert,
    G: Rask/Anderson/Mason
    B: Filppula/Hartman/Vrbata/Clendening

Farm: Chartier, Forsbacka Karlsson, Bowers, Chmelevski, Geekie, Gourde, AMorand, MShaw, Haapala, Merkley, Katchouk, Korshkov, Kovacs, Shinkaruk, Lindblom, O'Regan, Bear, Bengtsson, Jokiharju, Kylington, Paigin, Grzelcyk, Stanley, Vaakanainen, Koekkoek, Walman, Fitzpatrick, Berube, Pickard, Zhukov

Banned

Probably never. He's so so small.

Dobber Sports Pro

I could see him coming over after his extension in the KHL is done, and if the Lighting have a roster spot he could claim easily
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Monster

Damn I didn't realize he signed 2 year deal. I got him in all my keepers. But you never know 2 more years development could be very helpful

Dobber Sports Wizard

Everything about Gusev points to him staying in the KHL. His size, the new contract, future earnings. But with all of the other Russians in the Tampa system, there's a little glimmer of hope. I'd imagine that is specifically why Tampa used a draft pick on him, in hopes that his buddy Kucherov could get him to come over. I imGine he probably knows Vasilevskiy, Nesterov, and Namestnikov from somewhere playing as kids.

But really, right now, that's all there is for him maybe coming over.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Monster

is it safe to say Gusev is the best player outside the NHL right now? or no? I see some posters on Hfboards claim that Gusev was wanting to have one big year in KHL before coming over just to show he is ready for the NHL. Apparently he has an opt out clause in his contract according to what ive read so hopefully he comes to the NHL next season. Such a talented player.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    is it safe to say Gusev is the best player outside the NHL right now? or no? I see some posters on Hfboards claim that Gusev was wanting to have one big year in KHL before coming over just to show he is ready for the NHL. Apparently he has an opt out clause in his contract according to what ive read so hopefully he comes to the NHL next season. Such a talented player.
    Sergei Mozyakin is the best player outside the NHL. Even Kovalchuk is better than Gusev in my opinion. A case could also be made for Jan Kovar and Vadim Shipachyov but of course it's more difficult to compare wingers to centers.

As far as I know, players can get out of their KHL contract only if they buy it out themselves. I don't remember if they need to pay 50% or 67% of the remaining contract value to the team but either way it's a big chunk of money. Very few players want to go down that road but it has been done before.