Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kyle Connor vs Christian Dvorak

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Kyle Connor vs Christian Dvorak

Even if Connor turns out to be the worst amongst the other who have been so successful as an NCAA freshman, he'll still be a top 6 NHL'er. Can't say the same about guys who rip up the CHL.
    I like both and I think Dvorak won't be a bust by any means but I vote Connor here.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Expert

Connor for me. I really like Dvorak and have seen him play a ton, but 1 guy is a first round pick in a very deep draft, one guy was a late 2nd round pick (yeah I know there are steals but I'm speaking overall quality of the respective drafts). Not saying that Dvorak's point outputs are a sole result of him riding shotgun to Domi and Marner, but they do play a factor. Connor is a complete package player and is putting up outstanding numbers as a rookie playing against competition much older and bigger...to lead the NCAA as a freshman?! This isn't overally close in my opinion. He is scoring at the same pace that Jack Eichel scored last season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Connor for me. I really like Dvorak and have seen him play a ton, but 1 guy is a first round pick in a very deep draft, one guy was a late 2nd round pick (yeah I know there are steals but I'm speaking overall quality of the respective drafts). Not saying that Dvorak's point outputs are a sole result of him riding shotgun to Domi and Marner, but they do play a factor. Connor is a complete package player and is putting up outstanding numbers as a rookie playing against competition much older and bigger...to lead the NCAA as a freshman?! This isn't overally close in my opinion. He is scoring at the same pace that Jack Eichel scored last season.
    Agreed. But to note, Eichel was a year younger and in a better conference. Hockey East is tougher competition.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Agreed. But to note, Eichel was a year younger and in a better conference. Hockey East is tougher competition.
    Yes you're right on the age part. I won't argue the competition level discrepancy as I don't have a clue there, I don't watch a great ton of college hockey. Didn't mean to make it sound like I was comparing him to Eichel offensively, my intent was more geared towards his ability to score (bad comparison).

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by markpiel View Post
    Kyle Connor.
    another vote for Connor - here in Wpg. Can't wait till he gets here.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO