Thread: NYI Goalies

Dobber Sports Stud

Default NYI Goalies

Hey guys,

I'm interested to see who you think will be the future in net for the islanders. It seems like Halak and greiss are in a split now or are close to it at least.

Is now the time to invest in a NYI prospect G? And who?

Cheers, rep!
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: NYI Goalies

Stephon Williams is in the A and probably next in line if he develops properly.

Ilya Sorokin has a like 0.958 sv% in 24 KHL games right now, with like a 0.98 gaa. Kid seems pretty unreal. But he is signed there until 2017/18 I believe.

Linus Soderstrom, Sweden's goalie at the WJC, I think he is slightly autistic but he is playing very well.

There is that Berube kid possibly but since they can't sneak him through waivers so I doubt he stays.
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Greiss is having a hot run for now, but Halak is clearly the #1 here; he started 7 or 8 of the last 10 games.

But Greiss could help too, especially in the last week since NYI play 5 games with 2 BTB.

OUPS! Just saw you were asking about prospect. I say you should wait till next year since Greiss still has 1 year left to his contract and Halak has 2.
    So if a prospect gets promoted it might be next year if he has an excellent camp. But it's more probable that it will be in 2 years when they will need a back-up and Halak will be UFA then it will be perfect timing for the NYI to promote someone.

Administrator

I don't like thinking about a single goalie destined to be the future guy. It rarely plays out that way and goalies in general are a total shot in the dark. They signed Halak as a free agent and I wouldn't be surprised if they continue going that route after Halak.

If anyone would break through and take over at some point I'd put my money on Sorokin. But who knows?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

your bases would be covered if you could plant sorokin,soderstrom and williams into your farm.

I have no idea which fella rises to the occasion to steal job from Jaro down the road so just plant em and take it from there .

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yonald,

I believe ericdaoust said it right. NYI are more likely to fill the spot in the near future through a FA or as early as this NHL Trade Deadline via a trade. Maybe if the Canucks lose a few more games and Markstrom continues to play well a "Miller to New York" could happen???
    NHL-Pts Only-12 Teams 30man rosters - Keep 28.

Weekly H2H - 8F, 4D, 2G. Skaters-G's, A's 1pt. PPG, SHG +.5pts Goalies-W's 2pts SO's 3pts.

FWD- Stamkos, Couture, Point, W Karlsson, Marchessault, JT Miller, Palmieri, Zucker

DEF- Barrie, Weber, Green, Theodore

GOAL- Elliott, Varlamov

Bench
    F - Turris, Stepan, Labanc, Kerfoot, Perlini, O'Reagan, Batherson
    D - Edler, Ekholm, Lindholm
    G - Reimer, Howard, Stalock, Coreau, Pickard, Montembeault

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Yonald,

I believe ericdaoust said it right. NYI are more likely to fill the spot in the near future through a FA or as early as this NHL Trade Deadline via a trade. Maybe if the Canucks lose a few more games and Markstrom continues to play well a "Miller to New York" could happen???
    goaltending is the least of their problems ''this season'' so I highly doubt they need Miller while Halak/Greiss tandem has been solid .