Thread: Tarasenko for Burns

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Tarasenko for Burns

Thinking of offering my Burns for Tarasenko... Both are usually fantasy studs and their stats are very close this year, but Both have been slumping the past month. I'm thinking Tarasenko has more potential to bust out in the homestretch. I'd have to pick up a Dman to replace Burns.
    Some FA options are: Markov, Green, Daley, B. Campbell, Rielly, Martinez, Holden. Thoughts? Thanks!
    20 team, 56 player roster (30 minors) Full Dynasty Salary Cap H2H League. G, A, SOG, STP, HIT, BLK, FOW, TK/GV, GPT3, SV, SV%ES
    14 team, 29 player roster (6 Minors) - Keep 20 players + 6 Minors Dynasty H2H League G, A, P, PPG, PPA, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO
    12 team, 18 player roster - Full Re-Draft H2H League. G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG. W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Tarasenko for Burns

Looking at the team in your sig, I'd do it. You're loaded on D.

I'd go with either Campbell or Rielly. Rieilly will get more PP time with Phaneuf gone, but Toronto kinda stinks. Campbell is much older but he's a fix on PP1.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Titan

I would agree. Jump on that and add Rielly
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the input guys, the offer is sent out.
    20 team, 56 player roster (30 minors) Full Dynasty Salary Cap H2H League. G, A, SOG, STP, HIT, BLK, FOW, TK/GV, GPT3, SV, SV%ES
    14 team, 29 player roster (6 Minors) - Keep 20 players + 6 Minors Dynasty H2H League G, A, P, PPG, PPA, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO
    12 team, 18 player roster - Full Re-Draft H2H League. G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG. W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Deity

Hard to say if they will accept or not. If they look at the numbers, they may be tempted. If they just look at the names, I would be surprised they accept. Tarasenko's name carries more weight.

Good luck.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

In a 1yr league I think this is a very fair “hockey trade” if he needs D. You’re loaded at D, and need some help on the wings. If he has the opposite situation, it’s a nice lateral move for (might diminish in the periph cats, I’m not sure).

But if the GM is going off of name weight and not focusing on this yr (does happen in 1 yrs), I wouldn’t be surprised if he declines.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Burns' best value is not in your categories. If your fellow GM is shrewd he'll reject the offer. But if he takes it then great.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ok he's countered with his Tarasenko for my Burns and Draisaitl. I already own Mcdavid so I think Draisaitl is expendable.. Plus he's really slowed down the second half. Thoughts? Should I accept!? Thanks guys!!

Dobber Sports Deity

I think it's too much but that's just my opinion. As I mentioned earlier, by the numbers Burns and Tarasenko aren't that far apart. He's looking at names. It's numbers that win your hockey pools.

I wouldn't do that deal.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He's now saying he'd do my Klingberg and Draisaitl for his Tarasenko. I think Klingberg is more expendable Than burns. Thoughts?Thanks again.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

My Klingberg and Draisaiti for his Tarasenko and Markov. I get a lot of assists but need goal scoring. I think this deal addresses that. If Markov doesn't pan out, I have some waiver wire options. Any final thoughts? Thanks again

Dobber Sports Deity

I prefer that deal to the original offer.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I prefer that deal to the original offer.
    Thanks for the input. Offer accepted