Thread: Hall for Ovechkin+?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Hall for Ovechkin+?

Hey guys,

His first offer was (for 2nd team in sig):
    My Hall and Gunarsson for his Ovy and Ty Rattie

I declined the offer on the basis that 1) Hall is an elite point scorer (as is Ovy) 2) contract value is way better for Hall and 3) he's 6 years younger than Ovy. He agreed with me and asked what he would need to add to make this trade happen.

He is in contention this year and I'm not. He needs a 6th D that plays in the NHL (hence the Gunarsson throw-in). I consider Gunarsson to be worth a low pick at best, so I do not factor him much in that trade.

Here are some of his noteworthy players:
    Ovechkin, Duchene, Gaudreau, Giroux, Monahan, Perry.

His rookies and picks:
    Rattie, Rychel, Sekac, Klimchuk, Grigorenko, Dauphin | 4th and 5th round picks for the 2016 rookie draft.

Secondary guys:
    Byron, Fleishmann, Hagelin, Maroon, Chris Stewart.

So simple, what should I request he adds to make the trade above happen? Should I be looking to move Hall at all?

Additional info : No waiver wire pickup is permitted in this league (i.e. you can only acquire players by drafting them of by trading them). Band-aid boys' value is greatly reduced since we count the best 12 forwards at the end of the year (so missing 20 games hurt the total points produced for my fantasy team).

Thank you for your time and help
    16 team, dynasty cap league (real salary), Points ONLY (W=2+SO=3)
    Count best 12 F, 6 D, 2 G || 19-20 Cap = 94M

F: Point, Matthews, DeBrincat, Kessel, Malkin, Meier, Gourde, Hinostroza, Toffoli, Batherson, Jankowski, Prokhorkin, Nick Ritchie, Maroon, Thompson, Kravtsov, Sikura, Lunderstrom
    D: Letang, Krug, Gostisbehere, DeAngelo, Manson, Persson, Djoos
    G: Bobrovsky, Fleury, Merzlikins, Subban, Gustavsson, Sandstrom, Gillies, Husso

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Hall for Ovechkin+?

Looking at your team, I don't think you are ready to compete even next year. For this reason, the player he adds to Ovechkin would have to be better than Taylor Hall for it to make any sense for you at this stage of your rebuild. In a points only, salary cap dynasty league, Hall is significantly more valuable than Ovechkin. Assuming both players give you the same amount of points in a season, which I think is a reasonable assumption, Hall has a 50% greater points per dollar spent than Ovechkin. That's a very big difference. Adding in that he's 6 years younger and I wouldn't make a deal unless you are getting someone like Duchene or Monahan in addition to Ovechkin. I don't even know if Monahan would be enough as I am not a big believer in his offensive abilities.

I don't see how the other GM could make a deal like that while he's trying to win the league this season.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think you'd be laughing if you can get a Gaudreau or a Monahan to complete this deal. Someone like Berglund or Paajarvi is droppable to make it happen. As long as adding Ovechkin won't handcuff your team from making moves in the future, although your other salaries will be low if you're mainly concentrating on young players.

I wouldn't make any deal, however, unless you're improving your depth.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Deity

Personally I'd just keep Hall and carry on.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Personally I'd just keep Hall and carry on.
    This ^
    12 Team Roto Keeper
    G A +/- SOG PPP FOW HITS BLKS PIM
    W GA GAA SV SA SV% SHO
    10 Keepers
    F- Kopitar Kesler Thornton Benn Draisital Pacioretty Kuznetsov Backes D.Sedin Ryan Burakovsky
    D- Subban Faulk Byfuglien DeHann Martinez Trouba
    G- Halak Dubnyk Talbot
    BN- Bjugstad Dubinsky Ryan Gudas Tanev Hanzal Marleau

12 Team H2H
    B- H/AB R H HR RBI SB K TB AVG OBP
    P - IP W HLD SV K ERA WHIP K/9

B: Hosmer Donaldson Correa Trout Harper Heyward Sano Weiters Duffy Pillar Incarte Hernandez Realmuto Peraza Alvarez Span
    P: Cole Sale Fernandez Cueto Hamels Robertson Giles Wilson Colome Watson Samardzija Bauer Knebel
    F: Turner Travis Margot Stephenson Gouirrel Jr

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for your help. Rep given where possible.

If he was swapping Ovy for Gaudreau, than what do you think he would need to add? After declining and mentioning the name of Gaudreau, he asked that question... He really seems to want Hall...

Hall for Gaudreau + Rattie? Ask for more? Stay put?

Thanks again for your help!

F: Point, Matthews, DeBrincat, Kessel, Malkin, Meier, Gourde, Hinostroza, Toffoli, Batherson, Jankowski, Prokhorkin, Nick Ritchie, Maroon, Thompson, Kravtsov, Sikura, Lunderstrom

Dobber Sports Icon

If he is interested in moving Gaudreau for Hall, then I would see what you would need to add to Hall to get Gaudreau and Monahan. I like having pairs because it helps you in a first or worst type of strategy. Maybe try something like Hall + Shattenkirk for Gaudreau, Monahan and his 2nd or 3rd best dman.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I like the idea of getting the pair, but I feel like I'm pretty thin at D (remember we start 6 and I currently only have Shattenkirk as a true producing D)...

I'll ask .