Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Discussion] Gio Levels Kadri, Kadri Don't Like It

The Great One

Default Re: [Discussion] Gio Levels Kadri, Kadri Don't Like It

Shut up Kadri

Dobber Sports Ace

Hit looked clean to me. It didn't even look like a monster hit etc. Maybe he hit Kadri a little high, but even that is iffy.

Bottom line. What Kadri did needs to be eliminated. Period. You can't make threatening gestures and clearly he verbally threatens Gio which makes the gesture worse.

Its one of those things that I'm sure is an over reaction, but the NHL needs to make an example out of this so it doesn't happen again

Dobber Sports Ninja

Kadri's a little bitch. Never liked him and this kind of childish response doesn't surprise me.

Having said that, I think as a society we've become way too hypersensitive in this digital age... can't say or do anything nowadays without pissing off some demographic.

It's a throat slash within the context of a heated game... a notch worse than trash talking. No different than saying "you're dead" after a skirmish on the ice. Should be a fine at best, a suspension is way overboard IMO. But then again, I'm insensitive...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Kadri's a little bitch. Never liked him and this kind of childish response doesn't surprise me.

Having said that, I think as a society we've become way too hypersensitive in this digital age... can't say or do anything nowadays without pissing off some demographic.

It's a throat slash within the context of a heated game... a notch worse than trash talking. No different than saying "you're dead" after a skirmish on the ice. Should be a fine at best, a suspension is way overboard IMO. But then again, I'm insensitive...
    True, but the NHL and all 4 major sports leagues are becoming very sensitive to these types of incidents and want them eliminated from reflecting on their brand. Fine for sure, 1 game suspension at the most.

Off topic, Gaudreau Monny and bouma must be happy the team got the W despite their benchings. Besides Ottawa the flames are the only other team North of the border with a chance at the postseason

Dobber Sports Ace

Nevermind the suspensions, they should make Kadri back up his words. I find it funny how he says "you're dead" like he was some sort of big, scary guy or something.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post
    Nevermind the suspensions, they should make Kadri back up his words. I find it funny how he says "you're dead" like he was some sort of big, scary guy or something.
    Yeah I found that comical. Even funnier was when he tried to level Gio and ended up flat on the ice haha

Dobber Sports Genius

What if a guy makes a gesture like this, then goes and does something crazy? The NHL has a responsibility to take these things seriously, or they'd be in deep if something ever happened, I would think.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Dobber Sports Genius

Kadri was not having a good night.

This was a big clean hit, he took a few other ones as well and lost his footing in a turn or two for good measure.

He was rightfully fired up so the beaking is whatever, the gesture was pretty soft in my books, not like he pulled his hand from the glove and dragged his finger across his throat. Still, the league has shown they're sensitive to this stuff so a fine or 1 game suspension wouldn't be surprising.

Flew to Calgary for this game so to find out that Johnny, Monahan, and Phaneuf were all out was a disappointment yet still a surprisingly fun matchup.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Ace

Couldn't have said it any better. Remember, these guys represent their teams and the league. Sure, it was a heated moment and a lapse of judgment, 99.999% of the time. But what about that minute percentage? The NHL needs to protect themselves. A fine for sure I think, and maybe a hefty warning (2nd offense and you get ____) and maybe some type of program to make the players go through (I know cheesy, but protects them)
    Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    What if a guy makes a gesture like this, then goes and does something crazy? The NHL has a responsibility to take these things seriously, or they'd be in deep if something ever happened, I would think.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post
    Although I agree with you completely, Kadri has gotten way stronger this year. Not sure it's something other Leafs/Hockey fans have noticed as well. Weird cause to me still seems weak on the puck but he is throwing his body around a lot more this year and actually dishing out some big body checks.

He gave Perry a run for his money when the Leafs went on their Western trip. Funny enough it was a similar play to what happened to Kadri with Gio. The difference was after perry got up he took it like a hockey player should and just went back to the bench.

EDIT: I also think he gets fined. One game suspension at max.

Dobber Sports Ninja

That's like saying schools have the responsibility to suspend kids everytime they jokingly threaten to beat someone up lol

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    That's like saying schools have the responsibility to suspend kids everytime they jokingly threaten to beat someone up lol
    Pretty sure some kid got suspended for using an imaginary bow and arrow at school.... soo...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I hope the NHL does something about the gesture. The NFL did.
    For me, it's the trickle down effect. Kids emulate athletes.

The "parking lot" comment, for example, is one I hate that I've seen trickle down to teenagers and then some of those teens become adults who never mature.
    Somebody somewhere decided that saying "I'll meet you out in the parking lot after the game" is an acceptable thing to say if you are mad at somebody on the field/ice.
    Some guy once said this to me after I dummied past him and scored a goal in an indoor soccer game once. (dummied = dribbled through his legs, made him look REALLY bad. I was pretty good soccer player as kid.)

We had a guy in my men's hockey league (was a teammate) 5+ years ago who actually got thrown out of the game for exchanging cheap punches with another player.
    Then he said the "parking lot" thing... then he went and sought out the guy... IN THE PARKING LOT.

Suspended.
    For life.
    From the men's league.
    (Deserved it too)

But that's why the NHL has to get it out of the league... for the kids (not for us).

Dobber Sports Pro

Yea, this is all it really comes down to if you ask me. Not so much that the NHL needs to cover itself for an impending Kadri killing spree, but moreso that the NHL just needs to be serious about this stuff to protect its image.

Sure it was classless/offensive/uncalled for, but let's be honest-- kids do that in pee wee games. I think it's more likely that Gio probably got a good laugh out of it instead of feeling threatened. It's no different than when a yippy little puppy barks like crazy at a big dog. The act itself is really minor if you ask me (someone else equated it to trash talk which i tend to agree with). It's just the fact that it's being done by an NHLer (aka, role model) on such a stage that makes it unacceptable.