Thread: Tyler Johnson trade offer

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Tyler Johnson trade offer

I oust received this offer... Am I correct in thinking it is more of a lateral move or does it make me significantly better?

t. Johnson & teravainen
    for
    palmeiri & saad

accepting would create roster issues in the immediate future...

i can bury TT In the minors to start next year
    if I took this trade I would have to drop likely Nyquist and then another drop to make room for Schwartz

thoughts

Edit: the more I think about it the less this one makes sense.. 2 55pt guys for a 65-70 pt player & TT.. Leaning toward reject
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Tyler Johnson trade offer

I would keep Johnson and TT for sure.....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont think its a bad offer. How long will you be allowed to stash Teravainen? You say you can stash Teravainen to start the year but for how long? Is it a game limit thing that will force you to make a decision on him as well?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would take the Johnson side.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The best player in the deal is TJ, who has 70-point potential. On top of that, you'd have to drop two guys. No question which way to go.

20-team NHL cap keeper; auction salaries w/contracts; 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 3B, 18 farm
    H2H Cat Wins: G, A, Pts, 2G+A, DPts, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, FO%, STG, GWG, G Wins, GAA, Save %, ShO
    C: Stamkos, Toews, DRyan, Compher, Fisher, Haula
    LW: Lucic, Tkachuk, Eriksson Ek, Connor
    RW: Radulov, Tarasenko, JWilliams, Point, Callahan
    D: Braun, Del Zotto, McNabb, CMiller, Petry, Subban, Butcher
    G: Andersen, Rinne
    Farm: Anderson-Dolan, Beaudin, O?Regan, Suzuki, Kayumov, Bastian, Pu, Meloche, Pionk, Poolman, Montembault, Hill

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont think its a bad offer. How long will you be allowed to stash Teravainen? You say you can stash Teravainen to start the year but for how long? Is it a game limit thing that will force you to make a decision on him as well?
    I can stash him until 150 games... I can actually keep him down beyond that, but if I call him up after 150, he's up

Administrator

I like the TJ side a lot more.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I can stash him until 150 games... I can actually keep him down beyond that, but if I call him up after 150, he's up
    Gotcha.

Again, I dont think this is a bad offer but the keeper situation makes this a tougher deal to consider. TyJo is the best player in the deal and the obvious keeper. If you can stash Teravainen until you are ready to bring him up, then I'd stand pat on the offer and decline.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Gotcha.

Again, I dont think this is a bad offer but the keeper situation makes this a tougher deal to consider. TyJo is the best player in the deal and the obvious keeper. If you can stash Teravainen until you are ready to bring him up, then I'd stand pat on the offer and decline.
    Yeah, that's where I was leaning, I feel like I would be trading an entry level BMW and a Mini Cooper for 2 Accords... add in the roster drop I have to make and it pushes me further into the no category. I've rejected the current offer.

I'm leaning on the Crosby owner, and if that falls through, I've tossed the idea of offering TJ & TT for Larkin (same owner as the above offer)