Thread: Lets Just Hold on in Calling McDavid the Best Player in the World

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Lets Just Hold on in Calling McDavid the Best Player in the World

Sid Crosby might still have something to say on the topic. Wow what a goal. I'll post the link when it's up.

EDIT: Here's the video.

https://www.nhl.com/video/national-h...eo/t-277752844

Banned

Default Re: Lets Just Hold on in Calling McDavid the Best Player in the World

Mcdavid was behind five or more players at least. Crosby is still the king. He was just saving it for the stretch

Dobber Sports Sage

Once McDavid gains 15 lbs and get's seriously confident there will be no denying him as the best in the world.

Put me down as one of those people who think he's in the same section as Sid, Ovy, Karlsson and Kane.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Star

Mcdavid will probably be there soon. What focus Crosby had to get a good shot away after getting fish hooked twice by Fowler.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Star

It's important to be aware of the criteria that people are using when suggesting that somebody is the "best in the world" at something. It's not like we can test the midichlorian in his blood to see if he has over 20 thousand like Aniken does. In order to be considered the best in the world at something, doesn't there have to be some evidence that he can be on top for longer than he has been? McDavid hasn't played 20 games in the NHL in his entire life yet.

Anybody can score an amazing goal once. Remember Malik and his amazing between the legs shootout goal? He was horrible. Crosby has had goals like this for long enough that we know it isn't a fluke, and he deserves to be in the "best player in the world" conversation.

I remember when everyone in the world was saying that Fedor Emelianenko was the best fighter in the world. The problem is that he always fought in obscure events and organizations, and he never really got involved in the biggest fights in the world. How can anybody say that he is the best in the world when he hasn't proven anything yet?

In fantasy hockey, isn't one of the golden rules that players don't always live up to their potential? Does McDavid have a ton of potential? Yes. Is he going to be the best player in the world? I think so. Is he the best player in the world? No, not yet. After a measly 17 games in the NHL, I am not ready to say that he is the best in the world; Sidney still holds that title for me.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Deity

McDavid still has much to prove before he bumps Sid.

That being said, it's funny how people's tune has changed about Crosby recently since he went on his tear. So many were doubting him and were mentioning the term "decline" for Sid after his slow start to the season. Good to see the best in the world playing like it again.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    It's important to be aware of the criteria that people are using when suggesting that somebody is the "best in the world" at something. It's not like we can test the midichlorian in his blood to see if he has over 20 thousand like Aniken does. In order to be considered the best in the world at something, doesn't there have to be some evidence that he can be on top for longer than he has been? McDavid hasn't played 20 games in the NHL in his entire life yet.

Anybody can score an amazing goal once. Remember Malik and his amazing between the legs shootout goal? He was horrible. Crosby has had goals like this for long enough that we know it isn't a fluke, and he deserves to be in the "best player in the world" conversation.

I remember when everyone in the world was saying that Fedor Emelianenko was the best fighter in the world. The problem is that he always fought in obscure events and organizations, and he never really got involved in the biggest fights in the world. How can anybody say that he is the best in the world when he hasn't proven anything yet?

In fantasy hockey, isn't one of the golden rules that players don't always live up to their potential? Does McDavid have a ton of potential? Yes. Is he going to be the best player in the world? I think so. Is he the best player in the world? No, not yet. After a measly 17 games in the NHL, I am not ready to say that he is the best in the world; Sidney still holds that title for me.

Rylant
    Go read the Oiler's thread lol

Banned

Phaneuf is the best player in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Tru

Dobber Sports Deity

You have no idea how badly I want the Lightning to trade Jonathan Drouin to the Senators. LOL!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You have no idea how badly I want the Lightning to trade Jonathan Drouin to the Senators. LOL!
    if it's like the Filatov trade, I'm down

Dobber Sports Deity

if it's like the Filatov trade, I'm down
    I doubt it would be.