Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The next Gostisbeheres are...

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: The next Gostisbeheres are...

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    That may or may not be correct, we will see. I do think Tony D has a much more open route to the National than those others do. There has to be an opening to pull a Ghost or Klingberg move, and I dont see how Werenski or Montour arrives in the NHL any time in the next couple of years with all of the young talent blocking the path.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Strongly disagree. DeAngelo is not in Werenski or Provorov's class... He is also a nutcase like Kassian. Work ethic and desire questioned hard.
    Hehe, I won't be as direct as Ev, but DeAngelo's talent may not translate as well in the NHL considering his attitude and work ethic. I'm not saying he's a Johnny Manziel with great talent on the field but serious outside problems, but I do not think he will be as good as his junior numbers show. Also, Tampa does not deal well with players calling the shots. You play by their rules or you don't play (i.e. Lecavalier, St.Louis, Drouin and potentially Stamkos).
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Hehe, I won't be as direct as Ev, but DeAngelo's talent may not translate as well in the NHL considering his attitude and work ethic. I'm not saying he's a Johnny Manziel with great talent on the field but serious outside problems, but I do not think he will be as good as his junior numbers show. Also, Tampa does not deal well with players calling the shots. You play by their rules or you don't play (i.e. Lecavalier, St.Louis, Drouin and potentially Stamkos).
    Interesting. This is news for me, thanks for the info Bass and Ev. Will have to look into this more. A lot of the intangible issues elude me as I am not a huge follower of AHL minutae. It does come as a surprise that 27 points in 44 games is not considered to be a solid first year in the AHL for a D. I am going to dig into this more and take a long look at Montour, who is strangely not owned in my dynasty. Maybe I can trade DeAngelo before anyone in my league notices the tarnish. Lots of guys have asked about him in deals this year. Dobber has him extremely highly rated, a top 50 D in keeper formats.

Dobber Sports Genius

What about Pouliot? Could he turn things around in Pittsburgh?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Monster

Anthony Deangelo, Ivan Provorov, Brandon Montour, Derrick Pouliot, Haydn Fleury maybe..?, Jake Walman <-- IN MY OPINION (darkhorse)

Dobber Sports Giant

Interesting. This is news for me, thanks for the info Bass and Ev. Will have to look into this more. A lot of the intangible issues elude me as I am not a huge follower of AHL minutae. It does come as a surprise that 27 points in 44 games is not considered to be a solid first year in the AHL for a D. I am going to dig into this more and take a long look at Montour, who is strangely not owned in my dynasty. Maybe I can trade DeAngelo before anyone in my league notices the tarnish. Lots of guys have asked about him in deals this year. Dobber has him extremely highly rated, a top 50 D in keeper formats.
    Don't go trading him just because of what you hear though. Until we all see him make the jump to the NHL, anything is possible. Keep following his AHL progress and monitor Tampa's blueline situation at the end of this season; it should help gauging how far he is from the big show!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Don't go trading him just because of what you hear though. Until we all see him make the jump to the NHL, anything is possible. Keep following his AHL progress and monitor Tampa's blueline situation at the end of this season; it should help gauging how far he is from the big show!
    Would you trade Tony D for Namestnikov?

Dobber Sports Legend

Doug,

I didn't include DeAngelo in my 3 because his tires were pumped big-time this past summer after toying with the OHL.

Werenski and Provorov are more "household names" right now due to their 1st round selections and Werenski's addition to the USA juniors as team captain. However, they may still be obtainable for free (or cheap-ish) in many leagues. Even if there is a decent price to pay for these guys, I would consider it.

Montour is the fastest riser for me personally, followed by Thomas Chabot, OTT (someone mentioned) and Jordan Schmaltz, STL. If Shattenkirk moves on from the Blues, in a couple years Schmaltz could be their emerging offensive weapon from the backend.

As for Esa Lindell - I like him - but I like Julius Honka just as much (if not more). The only edge I give to Lindell is he's closer to the show and a lefty (which could work better with Klingberg).

Jeremy Roy (SJS) I like but don't love yet. Madison Bowey (WSH) is also a name to keep an eye on.

I see Weresnki as a future Gonchar type and Provorov a hybid of Doughty and Markov (when both putting up good numbers). Montour is a Kris Letang clone with less bite - his offensive chops are absolutely disgusting.

A little more on DeAngelo...

I wouldn't panic and look to cut bait just yet. He's not lighting up the A but his attitude and character issues are a tad overblown. Yzerman personally interviewed him for hours and came away pleased with his character. DeAngelo also has that potential "job" waiting for him in Tampa unless Yzerman fills it via a Drouin trade. Yes, there are some concerns with DeAngelo, but I'm more concerned about his recent play than his lack of character.

Edit: D. Pouliot... interesting cat. I once thought he was future gold and I'm starting to temper expectations - I'll leave it at that. Not writing him off but the caution tape is up.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Doug,

I didn't include DeAngelo in my 3 because his tires were pumped big-time this past summer after toying with the OHL.

Werenski and Provorov are more "household names" right now due to their 1st round selections and Werenski's addition to the USA juniors as team captain. However, they may still be obtainable for free (or cheap-ish) in many leagues. Even if there is a decent price to pay for these guys, I would consider it.

Montour is the fastest riser for me personally, followed by Thomas Chabot, OTT (someone mentioned) and Jordan Schmaltz, STL. If Shattenkirk moves on from the Blues, in a couple years Schmaltz could be their emerging offensive weapon from the backend.

As for Esa Lindell - I like him - but I like Julius Honka just as much (if not more). The only edge I give to Lindell is he's closer to the show and a lefty (which could work better with Klingberg).

Jeremy Roy (SJS) I like but don't love yet. Madison Bowey (WSH) is also a name to keep an eye on.

I see Weresnki as a future Gonchar type and Provorov a hybid of Doughty and Markov (when both putting up good numbers). Montour is a Kris Letang clone with less bite - his offensive chops are absolutely disgusting.

A little more on DeAngelo...

I wouldn't panic and look to cut bait just yet. He's not lighting up the A but his attitude and character issues are a tad overblown. Yzerman personally interviewed him for hours and came away pleased with his character. DeAngelo also has that potential "job" waiting for him in Tampa unless Yzerman fills it via a Drouin trade. Yes, there are some concerns with DeAngelo, but I'm more concerned about his recent play than his lack of character.
    Great stuff. With prospect D usually taking so long to develop and arrive, I dont always focus on the details surrounding them, even though those details can be the difference between success and failure.

I am not running out to shop DeAngelo. But I have moved from absolutely not trading him to actually entertaining the idea if a great offer comes in. This is honestly the first time I have seen anything around here that raises doubts about DeAngelo's future.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LPP View Post
    I have a question for you Fungchen3:

Where would you place the following D-Men in your list:

Thomas Chabot (OTT)
    Jeremy Roy (SJS)

I too think Provorov and Werenski will be excellent starting next year... Not familiar with Montour much.

Cheers,
    LP,

I think I may have answered your question ^ post.

I really like Chabot - getting better and better! Roy, I need to be sold a bit more.

Montour has potential to be a future homerun. Already on ELC with Ducks. Some in Anaheim organization say his offensive game is the best in their entire organization among D (including Fowler, Vatanen, Lindholm and Theodore). His game keeps improving and he's dominated offensively at every stage so far. His shot selection is top-notch and his instincts are razor sharp. He's also short and thick like Letang. Righthander who blew the doors off at camp and wowed the brass; he's been stellar in the AHL.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Legend

This is honestly the first time I have seen anything around here that raises doubts about DeAngelo's future.
    Oh, there was a ton of talk prior to draft day. He's been suspended for some questionable behavior and has received plenty of negative rep for it. Yzerman made it a point to spend a VERY long time vetting him prior to selecting him. At best, it is / was maturity issues; at worst, he's a Steve Downie type, sans the extreme violence. The skill is there though... and I'm being overly patient due to the potential upside and situation.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Sage

Oh, there was a ton of talk prior to draft day. He's been suspended for some questionable behavior and has received plenty of negative rep for it. Yzerman made it a point to spend a VERY long time vetting him prior to selecting him. At best, it is / was maturity issues; at worst, he's a Steve Downie type, sans the extreme violence. The skill is there though... and I'm being overly patient due to the potential upside and situation.
    So, DeAngelo takes a lot of bad penalties then? I remember Downie being kind of a roto/multi-cat stallion when he was with TB.

If you were offered Namestnikov for DeAngelo would you be interested in that?

Dobber Sports Legend

So, DeAngelo takes a lot of bad penalties then? I remember Downie being kind of a roto/multi-cat stallion when he was with TB.

If you were offered Namestnikov for DeAngelo would you be interested in that?
    DeAngelo is more of a lose cannon with his mouth - here's some stuff.

No, I would keep DeAngelo over Namestnikov right now.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Novice

LP,

I think I may have answered your question ^ post.

I really like Chabot - getting better and better! Roy, I need to be sold a bit more.

Montour has potential to be a future homerun. Already on ELC with Ducks. Some in Anaheim organization say his offensive game is the best in their entire organization among D (including Fowler, Vatanen, Lindholm and Theodore). His game keeps improving and he's dominated offensively at every stage so far. His shot selection is top-notch and his instincts are razor sharp. He's also short and thick like Letang. Righthander who blew the doors off at camp and wowed the brass; he's been stellar in the AHL.
    Awesome! Thank you for your detailed response.

I will look into Montour. I already have Werenski, Chabot and Jeremy Roy. 😀 (still need to improve though)

LPP

Banned

Yzerman Didn't see the character flaws in drouin. Nobody is perfect at evaluating them. Deangelo def had issue in junior just like kassian

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Yzerman Didn't see the character flaws in drouin. Nobody is perfect at evaluating them. Deangelo def had issue in junior just like kassian
    I dont think Yzerman missed anything with Drouin, and I dont think he missed anything with DeAngelo either. I think he knew exactly what he was getting.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."