Thread: Daniel Bryan retires due to concussions

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Daniel Bryan retires due to concussions

He posted on Twitter this morning that he is retiring tonight on Raw because of medical issues. The mainstream media is writing it as it is legit. A part of me thinks it might be a work, but if not, it's too bad. He was really popular, and was something different than the normal big man that the WWE always tries to push.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Daniel Bryan retires due to concussions

'
    Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    He posted on Twitter this morning that he is retiring tonight on Raw because of medical issues. The mainstream media is writing it as it is legit. A part of me thinks it might be a work, but if not, it's too bad. He was really popular, and was something different than the normal big man that the WWE always tries to push.
    We'll see.....WWE always has stuff up their sleeve and the fact that he'll be on RAW tonight makes me think it's a storyline.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I don't think Bryan would play into it on his twitter for a story line. Just a gut feeling but to me it seems legit. Hope I am wrong though, he was a pleasure to watch and I am still dying to see Bryan vs Lesnar one on one on a large stage
    12 Team Roto Keeper
    G A +/- SOG PPP FOW HITS BLKS PIM
    W GA GAA SV SA SV% SHO
    10 Keepers
    F- Kopitar Kesler Thornton Benn Draisital Pacioretty Kuznetsov Backes D.Sedin Ryan Burakovsky
    D- Subban Faulk Byfuglien DeHann Martinez Trouba
    G- Halak Dubnyk Talbot
    BN- Bjugstad Dubinsky Ryan Gudas Tanev Hanzal Marleau

12 Team H2H
    B- H/AB R H HR RBI SB K TB AVG OBP
    P - IP W HLD SV K ERA WHIP K/9

B: Hosmer Donaldson Correa Trout Harper Heyward Sano Weiters Duffy Pillar Incarte Hernandez Realmuto Peraza Alvarez Span
    P: Cole Sale Fernandez Cueto Hamels Robertson Giles Wilson Colome Watson Samardzija Bauer Knebel
    F: Turner Travis Margot Stephenson Gouirrel Jr

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Dingy View Post
    I don't think Bryan would play into it on his twitter for a story line. Just a gut feeling but to me it seems legit. Hope I am wrong though, he was a pleasure to watch and I am still dying to see Bryan vs Lesnar one on one on a large stage
    Guess you were right!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quite a short run yet an amazing one. Professional wrestling, just like any other combat sports is a heavily physical field. Though we all know the matches are staged, still we can't hide the fact that pro wrestling requires brawn and willingness to draw blood.