Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kassian: Multi-Cat Stud or just a Dud?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Kassian: Multi-Cat Stud or just a Dud?

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Totally depends on what the rest of your roster looks like. In Ovi's owner's case he is in 2nd place in the league, with 3rd place being a good margin lower than him. He kept Patrick Kane for $49, Patrice Bergeron for $21, Duchene for $4, Faulk for $2, Carlson for $3, Steen for $5, so he is making up a lot of the cost of Ovie by having good value contracts on other guys.

The key to an auction keeper league like this is to build through picking up the right guys up on cheap contracts through draft, free agency, and trades, and then having them locked in for life at low prices. Then go about filling out the balance of your roster with expensive one year players in the draft or by making trades at deadline.

As you can see my team is loaded with cheap guys, some of whom have already hit and some who are still just prospects. If guys like Draisatil, Domi, Ehlers, and Burakovsky turn into stars like Panarin, Klingberg and Josi have... then I will be in good position to add 2-3 guys like Ovie, Crosby, Malkin, Karlsson, etc. in the draft and be very competitive despite having several outrageous contracts on the books. That's the plan, anyways... We'll see how it works out.

Must be a long time running league it he still has Duchene, Faulk, Carlson locked up for those bargain contracts. I assume free agency guys only wind up costing you a buck.
    I like the way your team is assembled and wouldn't be surprised if you turned into a contending for a number of years.
    Now I needs to get me one.
    Five teams exist as of now- Two Random Public ESPN Leagues, Three Yahoo Leagues.
    One real keeper league

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Kassian: Multi-Cat Stud or just a Dud?

Quote Originally Posted by M_Vandenbrand View Post
    Must be a long time running league it he still has Duchene, Faulk, Carlson locked up for those bargain contracts. I assume free agency guys only wind up costing you a buck.
    I like the way your team is assembled and wouldn't be surprised if you turned into a contending for a number of years.
    Now I needs to get me one.
    The league is in year 5 right now, but it is my first year. We do blind auctions on free agents 3 times a week, so a free agent can cost as little as a dollar or as much as you decide to spend. Guys who cost $1-$10 only increase by a dollar per year, so if you pick up a guy for $1 he will only cost you $10 to keep in year 10. It is a very interesting format, to be sure. I highly recommend it.

Thanks for the compliment. I hope you're right and I can contend for a long time!

Cheers.