Thread: Trading for a keeper goalie

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trading for a keeper goalie

I'm in a 12 team Yahoo rotisserie league with G, A, +/-, SOG, PPP, hits, W, GAA, SV%. We roster 21 players and get to keep 11 with a max of two goalies. Positions are 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 2 G and 5 bench. No salary cap or other limits to worry about other than keep 11, max 2 goalies.

Rinne is currently what I would consider my #1 goalie (Lack, Reimer and Domingue round out my roster) and frankly with my goalies I cannot compete in my league. I was considering moving Rinne and Getzlaf for one of the following goalies. How would you rank these goalies and at what point am I giving up to much for one of them? Rask and Fleury seem like a no-brainer to me but I don't know if Getzlaf/Rinne would be enough.

How would you rank them?

Tuukka Rask
    Marc-Andre Fleury
    Sergei Bobrovsky
    Petr Mrazek
    Jake Allen
    Devan Dubnyk

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Trading for a keeper goalie

dubnyk
    rask
    mrazek
    fleury
    allen
    bob
    this is taking into account keeping them for future years
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by slink View Post
    I'm in a 12 team Yahoo rotisserie league with G, A, +/-, SOG, PPP, hits, W, GAA, SV%. We roster 21 players and get to keep 11 with a max of two goalies. Positions are 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 2 G and 5 bench. No salary cap or other limits to worry about other than keep 11, max 2 goalies.

Rinne is currently what I would consider my #1 goalie (Lack, Reimer and Domingue round out my roster) and frankly with my goalies I cannot compete in my league. I was considering moving Rinne and Getzlaf for one of the following goalies. How would you rank these goalies and at what point am I giving up to much for one of them? Rask and Fleury seem like a no-brainer to me but I don't know if Getzlaf/Rinne would be enough.

How would you rank them?

Tuukka Rask
    Marc-Andre Fleury
    Sergei Bobrovsky
    Petr Mrazek
    Jake Allen
    Devan Dubnyk
    Rask
    Allen
    MAF
    Dubnyk
    Bob
    Mrazek

Dobber Sports Genius

Rask
    MAF
    Mrazek
    Dubnyk
    Allen
    Bob
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Mrazek
    Allen
    Dubnyk
    MAF
    Rask
    Bob
    12 Team Roto Keeper
    G A +/- SOG PPP FOW HITS BLKS PIM
    W GA GAA SV SA SV% SHO
    10 Keepers
    F- Kopitar Kesler Thornton Benn Draisital Pacioretty Kuznetsov Backes D.Sedin Ryan Burakovsky
    D- Subban Faulk Byfuglien DeHann Martinez Trouba
    G- Halak Dubnyk Talbot
    BN- Bjugstad Dubinsky Ryan Gudas Tanev Hanzal Marleau

12 Team H2H
    B- H/AB R H HR RBI SB K TB AVG OBP
    P - IP W HLD SV K ERA WHIP K/9

B: Hosmer Donaldson Correa Trout Harper Heyward Sano Weiters Duffy Pillar Incarte Hernandez Realmuto Peraza Alvarez Span
    P: Cole Sale Fernandez Cueto Hamels Robertson Giles Wilson Colome Watson Samardzija Bauer Knebel
    F: Turner Travis Margot Stephenson Gouirrel Jr

Dobber Sports Giant

* Tier 1: Established starters that will be close-to-impossible to pry out of their owners' hands because they are stars and they are ''young''. I would avoid these unless their respective managers have them on the trading block.
    - Tuukka Rask
    - Marc-Andre Fleury

* Tier 2: Young goalies with great potential, but their asking price is going up quickly because they have been considered ''starters'' for most of the year and they have performed very well. The window is closing on these guys but this is the tier I would target.
    - Petr Mrazek
    - Jake Allen

* Tier 3: Established veterans that have had some great success but who have also had some very rough patches. Their asking price may be lower than the 2nd tier so they could end up being worthwhile (Dubnyk has had a good year so he will probably have a similar asking price to tier 2 or even tier 1... if so I would avoid him). Bobrovsky's value is at it's lowest IMO (injured and horrible season) so if you can get him for a little return, he might become a great steal in the long run!
    - Devan Dubnyk
    - Sergei Bobrovsky

Basically, it all depends on what you want to give, but if it was up to me, I would go for Mrazek or Allen while inquiring on Dubnyk's asking price.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Stud

I'll be going against the grain here.. Long term value plus numbers?

Mrazek
    Rask
    MAF
    Allen
    Bob
    Dubnyk
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Novice

Mrazek
    Allen
    Rask
    MAF
    Dubnyk
    Bobrovsky

Keeper league give me the younger guys, who's value is depressed by the fact they share playing time, despite being the better goalie. Mrazek >> Howard only reason why Howards still get's starts is his outrageous contract.
    Allen will be given the keys to the Blues crease, if it wasn't for an injury he would be further away from the rest of this group.

Rask/Fleury coin flip at the third spot. Went with Rask because he's younger.
    Dubnyk has been good this season, and is clearly the number one in Minnesota, though Minnesota sucks and can't score which hurt the W.
    Bobrovsky was a favourite of mine for fantasy purposes a couple years ago, but can't avoid injury. I'd like to minimize risk when selecting keepers to ensure they get ample playing time. Though right now his value may be depressed the most.

You could probably land Mrazek straight up for Rinne, and if you wanted to still acquire another net minder, Getzlaf would be considered an overpayment for Allen so you may be able to weasel out a second piece or draft pick for Allen. Other wise he's probably a straight up deal for Rask.
    Five teams exist as of now- Two Random Public ESPN Leagues, Three Yahoo Leagues.
    One real keeper league