Thread: O'Reilly for Dylan Strome

Dobber Sports Novice

Default O'Reilly for Dylan Strome

Mostly wonder whether people think O'Reilly is a sell high player/inflated value player? Dylan Strome obviously has higher potential, but hasn't proven anything in the NHL. These would be the main components, not the only components in the deal. I'm last place in a 10 team keeper league (we keep 11 out of a 26 player roster), and we have a separate rookie team that we can make call ups from, so that is where Strome would go.

My current keepers (points only league):

Zibanejad
    Duchene
    Palat
    O'Reilly
    Josi
    Ekblad
    Murray
    Nugent Hopkins
    Schwartz
    Hornqvist
    Elliott

It's a terrible team (I took it over from someone in the middle of this season) and am looking to get some potential impact players by trading hot NHL performers with lower ceilings for high potential players who haven't proven anything yet. It's going to be hard to make up ground with my current roster, so I feel like I have to take some risks. I've acquired Ehlers and stashed him on my rookie squad. I will also have the 1st overall rookie pick this coming draft, so I will likely be hopping on the Matthews train.

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: O'Reilly for Dylan Strome

Im just coming out of a rebuild so I understand the idea of trading away guys with current points for future potential stars. That said Oreilly is young and on an improving team, so he has a lot more trade value than Strome. I like the direction you are going for but would look to get more than just strome, say strong and another first round pick. If you cant get that I would just hold on to Oreilly as he can still be a good part of a condenting team in a year or 2.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd pass. O'Reilly is still really young and having a great year. Strome is a good prospect but you should be able to get more for O'Reilly

Administrator

O'Reilly is on pace for 67 points. Strome has to become a top-25 point-producer just to beat him. That's a lot to ask of anyone, even a top prospect.

Your "terrible" team becomes even more terrible if you make this deal and that includes long-term.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust